DoubleKamui

Veteran
Kin
0💸
Kumi
0💴
Trait Points
0⚔️
I never had any real trouble behind the wheels until today, excluding the blunder that I made during my driving test which led to my failure of that test (but that is another story).

I was heading to the underground parking facility where I had park my car. I’ve just finished my gym session. My friend had already driven off and we were to meet up at a certain place. I turned the engine on, lowered the handbrake, and switched the gear from “P” to “R”. As I reversed, I turned the steering wheel left and accelerated, to exit the parking space into my driving position. This was when I heard a loud “THUMP” sound.

I realised I had turn too early and hit a rock-solid pole (it was one of those poles that supported the underground building) at the side. This resulted in a dent in the front, right section of my car. Fortunately, the damage wasn't as bad as I thought it would be. However, it was worse than it should’ve been. I was accelerating more than usual when I made that reverse-turn. I was rushing; I wanted to catch up to my friend’s car despite knowing the directions to where we were heading. Thus, the force of the impact was greater. (silly me U_U)

I thought this incident would make me more cautious of my driving. Ironically, it had the opposite effect. I ran through a red light after the main lights became green (turned left when the pedestrian light was on) and didn’t give way to cars on the opposite lane when turning right at a separate intersection. I was only aware of the careless moves when my friend (sitting in the front passenger seat) informed me of it.

I've decided to not fix the damage (it's only a minor dent and plus this car is really old). I’m just glad that I’m off the road for now. I’ve never made so many driving mistakes in a day.

So what are some of the worst moves that you've made when you were on the driver's seat?

Last edited: