Supreme
Kin
116💸
Kumi
265💴
Trait Points
0⚔️
“Culturally appropriate and none whitewashing cast “

No BS casting for the sake of being edgy and use the political agenda excuse.

This is the key right here, I think the fans should be at ease with their comments and that they know they’ll finally be allow to make the series they always wanted. I’m actually going to give this a try

Caliburn

Supreme
Kin
2,805💸
Kumi
525💴
Trait Points
0⚔️
“Culturally appropriate and none whitewashing cast “

No BS casting for the sake of being edgy and use the political agenda excuse.

This is the key right here, I think the fans should be at ease with their comments and that they know they’ll finally be allow to make the series they always wanted. I’m actually going to give this a try
Even though the casting choices where an issue, I don't really think that was the primary reason the movie bombed so hard. The characters were simply flaccid, the plot uninspired and the bending-visuals sluggish and crude.

I know it's a series strongly inspired by Eastern cultures, but it's still a fictional series set in a fictional world. So how the characters have to look in a life-action adaptation is open for debate because you can't directly translate the cartoon characters into a real world ethnicity.
What you could however is keeping the integrity of the characters intact, which was far from the case in the movie. Zuko's complexity was non-existent, Sokka had no sense of humor, Katara was a shadow of her strong-willed animated counterpart and everyone's favorite grandpa Iroh was a farce. I'm getting all cringe just thinking about the scenes where he gives Aang a rock to see if he's the Avatar and where the firebenders run away when they see he could make tiny flames on his hands -.-

Yeah right

Regular
Kin
4💸
Kumi
-6💴
Trait Points
0⚔️
Even though the casting choices where an issue, I don't really think that was the primary reason the movie bombed so hard. The characters were simply flaccid, the plot uninspired and the bending-visuals sluggish and crude.

I know it's a series strongly inspired by Eastern cultures, but it's still a fictional series set in a fictional world. So how the characters have to look in a life-action adaptation is open for debate because you can't directly translate the cartoon characters into a real world ethnicity.
What you could however is keeping the integrity of the characters intact, which was far from the case in the movie. Zuko's complexity was non-existent, Sokka had no sense of humor, Katara was a shadow of her strong-willed animated counterpart and everyone's favorite grandpa Iroh was a farce. I'm getting all cringe just thinking about the scenes where he gives Aang a rock to see if he's the Avatar and where the firebenders run away when they see he could make tiny flames on his hands -.-

Make sure to fight this hard when a black Superman does make it to the big screen.

Caliburn

Supreme
Kin
2,805💸
Kumi
525💴
Trait Points
0⚔️
Make sure to fight this hard when a black Superman does make it to the big screen.
I don't think I'm fighting here for anything in particular. I'm just pointing out that whitewashing wasn't really the thing that made the movie so loathed as I reckon it could have been decent if everything else was fine.

And a black Superman is a farce. DC has already been hopelessly running behind Marvel to the point it has become really embarrassing. If they do something like that, they will just neck-shot themselves.