Regular
Kin
0💸
Kumi
0💴
Trait Points
0⚔️
You must be registered for see images

Some of you may have heard about what's happening in Queensland, Australia at the moment. It's suffering from the worst flood since 1974 with about 40,000 properties being affected and the death toll now possibly over 30. And now more than 100,000 residents in Brisbane could be plunged into darkness as authorities cut off power supplies in the CBD at 7am (AEST) today as a safety measure before the Brisbane River peaks again.

It is said to become worse today than it was yesterday which is hard to believe.

Heres a few videos of what this disaster has caused,

I live in Melbourne which is further south of Queensland but most of my family and closest friends live there and have lost everything. I donated $2200 to the flood relief appeal and am posting it here too.

Click the link if you wish to make a donation, Queensland really need it now as the damage is said to be currently over 1 billion dollars.

Use this thread as well to discuss this tragic event. Anyone else from Australia here?

Last edited:

Lawliet

Elite
Kin
5💸
Kumi
0💴
Trait Points
0⚔️
is... that a dead Kangaroo?
That or it was close to and got saved.

This is a shame, I haven't heard a thing about it. How long has this been going on?
Sometime near christmas.

'QUEENSLAND was suffering a flood disaster of ''biblical proportions'' that could cost the state's economy more than $1 billion, its government declared yesterday.

Authorities confirmed that 200,000 people hade been affected and 22 cities and towns inundated by the worst floods in Queensland's history.

More than 1000 people were in 17 evacuation centres across the state yesterday. That figure was expected to reach 4000 in the next few days, police said.'

The floods are so bad that animals are actually ignoring their natural instincts and helping each other to survive.