[Spoilers] Attack on Titan: Theory On Levi and the Mysterious Captain

2Lazy2Post

Kin
0💸
Kumi
0💴
Trait Points
0⚔️
So obviously the big thing that came out in the recent chapter is that Levi's last name is Ackerman. I don't see any reason why the Captain would lie about it to a man he was about to kill so I am assuming it is true.

Personally I think that the Captain Ackerman is Levi's father (or maybe an uncle or older brother?). I can see Captain Ackerman having trained Levi to take over for him but Levi ends up disagreeing with the methods and escapes to the underground where Erwin meets him years later. This would explain Levi's "inherent" skill with the 3D gear and combat capabilities.

In regards to any relation to Mikasa I can see them being cousins. I think Mikasa's father was likely Captain Ackerman's brother. Or maybe they just coincidentally have the same last name and the author is trolling us.

So what do you guys think? Can't wait for the next chapter!

Also, on a side note I heard someone say this on another website and got a kick out of it, "So what I got out of this last chapter is that the Ackermans are basically the Uchihas of Attack on Titan".

-Punk-

Supreme
Kin
116💸
Kumi
265💴
Trait Points
0⚔️
I think is dumb to compare different characters with other mangas ._.) .

OT : Good theory , I was thinking that the Captain probably adopted him when he was a Kid , because in his spin off I heard before joining the recon , Levi was a criminal , so maybe when he was old enough to realize what was he doing , he left the captain .

I don't know , we just got this news yesterday Dx .

Reactions: Dr Strangelove

Dr Strangelove

Legendary
Kin
0💸
Kumi
0💴
Trait Points
0⚔️
Awards
I like it, maybe there were three brothers.
Mikasas Dad, Levis Dad and this guy. And the rest you said is the same :p I like the idea of three brothers.

Also I got a kick out outta the last bit too XD

Reactions: November

2Lazy2Post

Kin
0💸
Kumi
0💴
Trait Points
0⚔️
Good theory i think that the surname Ackerman being said would put an expression on Levis face AT LEAST due to anime logic but if i think of Levi he probably wouldn't give a damn
Personally I think Levi already knows, he looked kinda grim in that last scene, like he is realizing his secrets will finally have to come to public light.

Llias

Kin
0💸
Kumi
0💴
Trait Points
0⚔️
I have a theory that Levi and Mikasa aren't at all related, regardless of their surname. I mean, that Ackerman captain might have just adopted Levi when he was younger. And I don't see any similarities in their looks... but that's just me. But then I get this nagging feeling that maybe Mikasa and Levi really ARE related and they're uncle/niece. I'unno, I don't wanna read much into it until next chapter. Because we all know Isayama likes to mess with our minds.

What happened to the basement again?

Amara

Kin
0💸
Kumi
0💴
Trait Points
0⚔️
And because he wasn't gonna just let human life be wasted.
Yes this.. absolutely!
...Although I do think how he stopped and looked at her was because she is an Ackerman.
I also think he was adopted by this guy so he has the Ackerman surname. I think levi was probably an orphan scooped up and trained by him and he had a Guts/Gambino (Berserk) relationship with him. The Captain was probably ruthless which *partially* led to Levi's regard for human life.

A v i

Veteran
Kin
0💸
Kumi
0💴
Trait Points
0⚔️
I have a theory that Levi and Mikasa aren't at all related, regardless of their surname. I mean, that Ackerman captain might have just adopted Levi when he was younger. And I don't see any similarities in their looks... but that's just me. But then I get this nagging feeling that maybe Mikasa and Levi really ARE related and they're uncle/niece. I'unno, I don't wanna read much into it until next chapter. Because we all know Isayama likes to mess with our minds.

What happened to the basement again?
Their battle capabilities indicates that they are related.