Banned
Legendary
Kin
0💸
Kumi
0💴
Trait Points
0⚔️
intro: for users not here in the US or dont know. Trap Music is the current popular mainstream music wave here. even though doing gangsta things to back your music career isnt new, (i.e. gangsta rap), this new wave has taken over the nation. even with Donald Glover(Childish Gambino, whose also from Atlanta) saying this song changed his life and they dont get the credit they should for their influence on popular music. popular mainstream artists like Drake have tried adding this style to their sound, theres even copy cat artists like Designer who adopted Futures sound. Young Metro makes almost all the most popular beats on the radio

.....so anyways. Noisey raps released this pretty good documentary covering the scene and its artists.. Killer Mike from Run the Jewels, T.I., Young Thug, Migos, 21 Savage, Lil Yatchy, Young Jeezy, Metro Boomin all talk about the scene and their experience in it, how it originated from drug selling and getting your music played at a popular strip club. pretty good so i thought id share, it is a full episode so its a long video but fans of the scene will like it and bored rap fans may find it interesting

[video=youtube_share;E7fY0-8H0jg]https://youtu.be/E7fY0-8H0jg[/video]

so what are your opinions on this wave and style of Rap music?

Punk Hazard

Immortal
Kin
1,664💸
Kumi
11,569💴
Trait Points
50⚔️
Not my style. Not at all impressed with the lyricism that comes out of a lot of these dudes, especially people like Lil Uzi Vert, so I don't listen to it. If I did, I'd probably just find instrumental versions and listen to the beats.

Jazzy Stardust

Banned
Legendary
Kin
0💸
Kumi
0💴
Trait Points
0⚔️
At first I thought it was a cancer and same with the people who listened to it but I couldn't get away from it so I learned to like it.
its a trap! lolxD

Not my style. Not at all impressed with the lyricism that comes out of a lot of these dudes, especially people like Lil Uzi Vert, so I don't listen to it. If I did, I'd probably just find instrumental versions and listen to the beats.
i feel a bit different about it after seeing the documentary, i realized i was just missing a lot of what they were doing artistically. not that im a fan now but i have a different perspective on it

Forbidden Technique

Veteran
Kin
0💸
Kumi
0💴
Trait Points
0⚔️
Damn, I really just watched the whole thing. I've always liked and appreciated trap music for the energy that it brings. Bumping it in the car, motivating me at the gym, and turning up to it with your crew while you pregame before a party or the club to only turn up to it again while you're at the joint. Man, just turn that shit up and it's always a good time. But after watching this video, I have a new found respect and appreciation for the culture as well. I've always said rap is way more than just introspective lyricism. Everybody ain't trying to hear that all the time. And just because a rapper lacks said lyricism, shouldn't automatically brand them as trash, but that's just me. I just respect the culture.

Thanks for sharing though, I really enjoyed that.

Last edited:
Reactions: Jazzy Stardust

Desiigner

Veteran
Kin
0💸
Kumi
0💴
Trait Points
0⚔️
At first I thought it was a cancer and same with the people who listened to it
Always wondered why people transfer their hate for certain music onto the fanbase.

What do you rather listen to? Or what do you expect from a rapper?