Yin

Veteran
Kin
1,993💸
Kumi
1,113💴
Trait Points
0⚔️
Imma be real, ion know shit about it but I’ll try to break it down. It is unsealable flames that do not require chakra to use but sacrificing your spirit to summon, thus losing health when you use it. That being said it is a physical flame with physical properties and it is capable of damaging the void lords. It derives from the will to survive from humanity. I think das bout it. I bought it because I like the techniques they seem strong and tricky.

Ańbu Juniør

Legendary
Kin
6,839💸
Kumi
26,730💴
Trait Points
28⚔️
The Atavistic Flame is an ability created by the Monks of the Human Order and is connected to the human spirit and is unique to their soul. Therefore, making use of its techniques requires you to draw upon your spirit and focus it. This naturally deals self-inflicted spiritual damage that can be healed at different rates depending on the technique one decides to use. The healing portion of the ability comes from being tied to the survival of humanity and its will and is one of the few that allows you to heal spiritual damage.

You're right that these flames can't be sealed, drained, or absorbed. The Atavistic Flame possesses intrinsic Anti-Divinity that allows it to damage divine beings. When interacting directly with an Anutu, Suen, or Utu technique Atavistic Flame bases its interaction on effective Chakra (B-Rank Atavistic techniques have 20, A-Rank 30, S-Rank 40, etc).

At the initiate level, the techniques aren't necessarily strong but they're useful. Any question? ANy at all?

Reactions: Yin

Ańbu Juniør

Legendary
Kin
6,839💸
Kumi
26,730💴
Trait Points
28⚔️
Then we'll move on to the first technique. Human Principle is a basic skill that allows you to draw upon your spirit to produce the Atavistic Flame in your hands. You can shoot it as a projectile in the shape of a fireball or other shapes you need it to take with the exception of complex shapes such as weapons, which are reserved for Master and above. It inflicts physical damage to anything it strikes. It's a multi-ranked technique, with C-Rank dealing 30 damage, B-Rank dealing 40, and A-Rank dealing 60. It also outlines the basics of how spiritual regeneration works.

(Kaen Kakkusei Iden: Ningen no Genri) – Atavistic Flame: Human Principle
Type: Offensive, Defensive, Supplementary
Range: Short – Mid
Chakra: N/A
Damage: 30 – 60
Description: The Human Principle is the basic offensive technique of Atavistic Flame. It possesses intrinsic Anti-Divinity, a property that allows it to damage Divine beings in the same way that the God-Slaying Tools can. This technique is activated by focusing Atavistic Flame and drawing upon the user’s spirit, focusing it in their hands to form yellow fire in either or both of their palms. The technique can be launched as fire balls and other projectiles, shaped to the user’s will, and inflict combustible physical damage to anything they strike. Activating the technique requires the user expend 10 spiritual Health Points. The user regenerates 5 spiritual Health Points in the following two turns.

Yin

Veteran
Kin
1,993💸
Kumi
1,113💴
Trait Points
0⚔️
ok i understand pretty simple but for instance i know you said actually forming a weapon is not possible with this but could i coat my weapon with this and then swing it at the opponent? since i am not forming a weapon, just putting it on there?

Ańbu Juniør

Legendary
Kin
6,839💸
Kumi
26,730💴
Trait Points
28⚔️
ok i understand pretty simple but for instance i know you said actually forming a weapon is not possible with this but could i coat my weapon with this and then swing it at the opponent? since i am not forming a weapon, just putting it on there?
That's gonna be a no. It's basically to cover your hands or be launched as basic projectiles as outlined in the technique.

The next technique is Inner Fire. By meditating at the cost of a move and sustaining it for a full turn, you begin healing your SHP over time at a rate of 20 per turn. You have to remain completely still and can't activate chakra taxing techniques for its duration. This makes you an easy target and means that it's best used in team battles where others can defend you or even outside of battle. This technique can dispel impairments caused by Anutu techniques, and you're free to choose whatever stance or pose you want for meditation. By auxiliary requirements, I'm referring to debuffs placed on you through Anutu techniques and that of its components.

This is where it becomes important to keep the effective chakra value and the Atavistic Flame's strength in clashes to mind. This is because Anutu techs have increased chakra value already, and you'll need the appropriate chakra for any surge to remove the debuff placed on you.

(Kaen Kakkusei Iden: Naibu Hi) – Atavistic Flame: Inner Fire
Type: Supplementary
Range: N/A
Damage: N/A (+20 spiritual healing per turn)
Description: Inner Fire is the most basic representation of mankind’s collective will to survive, a property intrinsic to all human souls. This technique is activated by meditating at the cost of a move. After sustaining it for a full turn the user will begin a process of healing their own spirit over time, each turn thereafter healing themselves for 20 spiritual Health Points. The user must remain completely still during this time and cannot activate other Chakra taxing techniques for its duration. Inner Fire is able to dispel impairments caused by Anutu and its sub-Divinities as long as it meets other auxiliary requirements.

Yin

Veteran
Kin
1,993💸
Kumi
1,113💴
Trait Points
0⚔️
Understood. This is almost useless in a solo battle unless you perhaps put a barrier up first or something unique n creative because outside of that they’re just going to punch in the face while you meditate for a full turn.

Ańbu Juniør

Legendary
Kin
6,839💸
Kumi
26,730💴
Trait Points
28⚔️
Understood. This is almost useless in a solo battle unless you perhaps put a barrier up first or something unique n creative because outside of that they’re just going to punch in the face while you meditate for a full turn.
Indeed. Now, I mentioned the Atavistic Flame's strength to Anutu and its subfields earlier, but this strength is dependent on one's mastery of the Flame. Initiates have a 20 Chakra advantage against Anutu while Masters and Grandmasters have 40.

Now for a question. If you use Inner Fire at the initiate level against an Anutu technique, how much effective chakra would it possess against an Anutu technique?

Yin

Veteran
Kin
1,993💸
Kumi
1,113💴
Trait Points
0⚔️
Indeed. Now, I mentioned the Atavistic Flame's strength to Anutu and its subfields earlier, but this strength is dependent on one's mastery of the Flame. Initiates have a 20 Chakra advantage against Anutu while Masters and Grandmasters have 40.

Now for a question. If you use Inner Fire at the initiate level against an Anutu technique, how much effective chakra would it possess against an Anutu technique?
From what you just told me, it would have a 20 chakra advantage. So no matter what tech i use because I am initiate with the mode/fire my techs in general have 20 chakra advantage against anutu.

Ańbu Juniør

Legendary
Kin
6,839💸
Kumi
26,730💴
Trait Points
28⚔️
This is actually incorrect. When interacting directly with an Anutu, Suen, or Utu technique the Atavistic Flame bases its interaction on effective Chakra (B-Rank Atavistic techniques have 20, A-Rank 30, S-Rank 40, etc). A C rank Atavistic Technique will have an effective chakra of 15. As an Initiate with a 20 Chakra advantage against Anutu, Inner Fire would have an effective chakra value of 35 if you attempt to use it to interact with an Anutu technique.

Let me know if you understand that or not.

Yin

Veteran
Kin
1,993💸
Kumi
1,113💴
Trait Points
0⚔️
Oh! I’m sorry it has a set chakra value of +20 against anutu at my rank but it’s at 15 inherently and that increases based on rank. That’s what makes that tech 35 because it’s a C rank (15) and I’m at initiate (20) against anutu.

Ańbu Juniør

Legendary
Kin
6,839💸
Kumi
26,730💴
Trait Points
28⚔️
Oh! I’m sorry it has a set chakra value of +20 against anutu at my rank but it’s at 15 inherently and that increases based on rank. That’s what makes that tech 35 because it’s a C rank (15) and I’m at initiate (20) against anutu.
Correct! Glad you got it. If you ever forget or are feeling confused you can also refer top the main AF thread.

Moving on to Glowing Fists. This technique is taijutsu-focused and simply allows one to envelop their hands with the Atavistic Flame for melee strikes, empowering the damage they can do for the following four turns due to being searing hot to the touch.

(Kaen Kakkusei Iden: Kagayaku Ken) – Atavistic Flame: Glowing Fists
Type: Offensive, Supplementary
Range: Self
Damage: N/A (+20 damage to chakra-less fist-based Taijutsu)
Description: Glowing Fists is a Taijutsu centered Atavistic Flame technique developed to supplement the user’s Taijutsu with their fists. The user will accumulate Atavistic Flame around each of their hands causing them to glow with a dim orange aura that emits small embers. They become searing to the touch to anyone who interacts with them, causing the user’s Taijutsu strikes with their fists to do an increased 20 damage. Once activated it lasts for four turns.

Yin

Veteran
Kin
1,993💸
Kumi
1,113💴
Trait Points
0⚔️
simple. a four turn power up that give your fists atavistic flame properties and boosts fist-based taijutsu by +20.

question: does this stack with passive taijutsu boosters? or what else can this be stacked with i should ask

Ańbu Juniør

Legendary
Kin
6,839💸
Kumi
26,730💴
Trait Points
28⚔️
Yes. It can be stacked with another passive boost but it depends on the kind of boost. As you know the Atavistic FLame cannot be combined with techniques that cost chakra. The only exception to this is Chakra Enhanced Strength. For me, my Inuzuka has a +20 to hand-related taijutsu. That is a passive boost that can be paired with Glowing Fists.

The next technique is basic spiritual healing that can work on human allies through direct contact. It heals as fast as medical ninjutsu. One thing to be wary of with the Atavistic Flame is keeping track of your spiritual healing. Healing from techniques doesn't stack and only the highest applies. If you use a technique that heals you for 10 HP per turn for three turns and one that heals you for 5 HP per turn for four turns. You'd get 10HP for the first three turns and then in the fourth you'd get 5. So always be mindful of the durations.

(Kaen Kakkusei Iden: Maki) – Atavistic Flame: Kindling
Damage: N/A
Description: Kindling is an Atavistic technique that wraps either of the user’s hands in flame to heal themselves or another human target from sources of spiritual damage. The technique, while wrapping their hand in flame, inflicts no physical damage to those it touches and is instead quite warm and soothing to the touch. Kindling restores 50 spiritual Health Points per turn of direct contact with their target, either themselves or another human. To use this technique the user will expend 20 spiritual Health Points themselves to activate it but regenerate 5 per turn in the following four turns.

Ańbu Juniør

Legendary
Kin
6,839💸
Kumi
26,730💴
Trait Points
28⚔️
Yes. The Health pool is shared, and there are techniques that only heal physical damage while this field is one of the few that heals spiritual damage. Because of that you have to keep track of how much of the damage you sustained is physical or spiritual and use the correct technique to heal.

If you're good with that then we'll move on. Dying Embers is a neat supplementary technique that strengthens the regeneration of your spiritual health points. It doubles the healing done over time by Atavistic Flame techniques. This means that if you use a technique that heals 10 SHP over two turns, through the use of this technique it'll instead heal 20 over those turns. The restriction of not being able to regenerate after using this for the next three turns is a bit steep, but it's understandable given the boon it grants.

(Kaen Kakkusei Iden: Shinikakete Iru Nokoribi) – Atavistic Flame: Dying Embers
Description: Dying Embers is a technique that strengthens the regenerative effect after using an Atavistic technique. The technique is intended to hasten the pace at which a user recovers from using an Atavistic technique that consumes their spiritual health. Upon activation this technique effectively doubles the healing done overtime by Atavistic techniques; any excess health gained back is lost. This technique lasts for the user’s next three Atavistic techniques. After usage the user will be unable to regenerate from using Atavistic Flame techniques for three turns as well as be unable to use this technique again for that duration. It is activated the cost of a move but does not occupy a slot in the timeframe.
Note: Dying Embers cannot be used with Will to Survive's passive healing.

• Love

Yin

Veteran
Kin
1,993💸
Kumi
1,113💴
Trait Points
0⚔️
Understood and no question about that last tech. It doesn’t effect timeframe, big gain for little drawbacks and can’t be stacked with Will to Survive’s healing. Understood and understandable.

Ańbu Juniør

Legendary
Kin
6,839💸
Kumi
26,730💴
Trait Points
28⚔️
Around the Fire allows you to heal the spiritual health points of human targets designated as your allies up to mid-range away. In addition, it reduces all damage inflicted on them by 20 points, be it physical or spiritual in nature, and increases their base speed by 4. However, it needs to be sustained, meaning you can't use chakra costing techs during its duration or else the technique ends.

(Kaen Kakkusei Iden: Hi no Mawari) – Atavistic Flame: Around the Fire
Type: Defensive, Supplementary
Range: Short – Mid
Description: Around the Fire is a supportive technique designed to give assistance to human allies. The user burns their own spirit to draw upon their Atavistic Flame, inflicting 30 spiritual damage upon themselves. In the following two turns the user will regenerate 15 spiritual Health Points. When activated this technique ignites an aura of pale-yellow flame around the user, radiating warmth outwards up to mid-range from the user’s position. All humans designated as the user’s allies will heal for 30 spiritual Health Points per turn, have all damage inflicted upon them reduced by 20 points, and have their base movement speed increased by 4 points.
Note: Can be activated three times per battle.
Note: The user does not benefit from this technique and must focus to sustain it for its duration.
Note: This technique can be sustained for three turns before deactivating. Each turn it is sustained after its activation inflicts an additional 10 spiritual points of damage upon the user.