3rd Place

@Michelle
Image of Artwork

You must be registered for see images

AND

@Tigerrr in the woods
Image of Artwork

You must be registered for see images

Thank you all for participating! Please stay tuned for more contests!
And watch out for this month's Art contest!

To discuss everything related to the Art Contest of the Month, and decide the theme for the next contest, visit this thread Click here

GrapeApe

Regular
Kin
2,900💸
Kumi
15💴
Trait Points
0⚔️
Awards
yo i want to say thank you to everyone who voted for me, ive put a lot of effort into my craft and its super dope that others can appreciate it. that photo is also extremely personal to me and its touching i mean, thanks for the support. thanks for hosting this contest @Elmage G Ace like its been clutch during this pandemic to have something else to do. thanks @Avani for inspiring me to enter and shout out to everyone who participated, i know i posted the Jordan shrug meme because you know the feeling of being proud of something you created not to be offensive. but i like all of your pieces and i hope you all keep entering

Michelle

Legendary
Kin
9,022💸
Kumi
3,787💴
Trait Points
0⚔️
yo i want to say thank you to everyone who voted for me, ive put a lot of effort into my craft and its super dope that others can appreciate it. that photo is also extremely personal to me and its touching i mean, thanks for the support. thanks for hosting this contest @Elmage G Ace like its been clutch during this pandemic to have something else to do. thanks @Avani for inspiring me to enter and shout out to everyone who participated, i know i posted the Jordan shrug meme because you know the feeling of being proud of something you created not to be offensive. but i like all of your pieces and i hope you all keep entering
How is called the technique you used in your drawing?
Except the subject who is nice, the perspective and the accuracy of details, the way you made it is very interesting.

• Love
Reactions: GrapeApe

GrapeApe

Regular
Kin
2,900💸
Kumi
15💴
Trait Points
0⚔️
Awards
How is called the technique you used in your drawing?
Except the subject who is nice, the perspective and the accuracy of details, the way you made it is very interesting.
oh so youre interested in the ways of the dark side i see. careful, its a path you cant come back from 😈😝

but yo i appreciate it. theres not really a name for it, im self taught so i draw in the way that gets the best results for me. but basically i use cheap materials and approach drawing from an abstract perspective where i dismiss form but instead i focus on the lighting. i just draw the lighting and let it make the form like the sun or moonlight does to everything we see, its far less time consuming and makes everything more accurate and realistic then sitting there drawing outlines, when basically nothing has an outline thats not created by negative space from lighting in reality. then i use the eraser and different ways of blending the lead to create different textures

like see in your piece (which i like btw) youre outlining every little thing, even to the individual leaves on the bush, in your mind your thinking its a leaf. where i wouldve drew that bush with the mindset of shading the lighting from the darkest to lightest parts without thinking of the form or what im drawing and that wouldve made the bush. at least in realism ive learned, its super important to let go and draw exactly what you see without thinking about what youre seeing

Reactions: Michelle

Minato Kamikaze

Regular
Kin
2,658💸
Kumi
6💴
Trait Points
0⚔️
Awards
oh so youre interested in the ways of the dark side i see. careful, its a path you cant come back from 😈😝

but yo i appreciate it. theres not really a name for it, im self taught so i draw in the way that gets the best results for me. but basically i use cheap materials and approach drawing from an abstract perspective where i dismiss form but instead i focus on the lighting. i just draw the lighting and let it make the form like the sun or moonlight does to everything we see, its far less time consuming and makes everything more accurate and realistic then sitting there drawing outlines, when basically nothing has an outline thats not created by negative space from lighting in reality. then i use the eraser and different ways of blending the lead to create different textures

like see in your piece (which i like btw) youre outlining every little thing, even to the individual leaves on the bush, in your mind your thinking its a leaf. where i wouldve drew that bush with the mindset of shading the lighting from the darkest to lightest parts without thinking of the form or what im drawing and that wouldve made the bush. at least in realism ive learned, its super important to let go and draw exactly what you see without thinking about what youre seeing
What kind of material do you use?
I'm curious about the pencils and canvas or paper you use.

The textures in you work is very interesting.
It kinda looks like the texture has multiple directions in different places.

• Love
Reactions: GrapeApe and Avani

GrapeApe

Regular
Kin
2,900💸
Kumi
15💴
Trait Points
0⚔️
Awards
What kind of material do you use?
I'm curious about the pencils and canvas or paper you use.

The textures in you work is very interesting.
It kinda looks like the texture has multiple directions in different places.
yo thanks i appreciate the love! i use really cheap pencils that arent specific for drawing, like the ones ive been using recently i bought at a gas station by my house with only a couple different grades of lead between them. and i bought a drawing pad thats meant for little children, has a giraffe on the front but the paper is really basic and not really thick. the eraser is the only like “official” drawing tool i use, its shapeable like play-doh but it picks up the lead off the paper perfectly. i started using cheap materials instead of professional ones because of the way the lead blends and the way it catches the paper which sets it apart i think from just a regular hyper realistic piece. im glad you find it interesting fam

but i follow the lighting. like when i took the original photo for this piece, we were in a coffee shop last winter. the coffee shop had its own light from the fixtures, then there was a fireplace going and that added its own light, then we were by the window and light was bouncing off of the snow from outside into the shop. so there was mad different light sources coming from different directions. i wish i could take more credit for that but i just drew the room how i saw it