chopstickchakra

Legendary
Kin
4,684💸
Kumi
129💴
Trait Points
0⚔️
Do you think there is a difference in power level between the different colors of armament haki?

I.e. Black (a la most users), Purple (a la Vergo, Pica etc) and Invisible (a la Sentomaru and theoretically top tiers during MF and earlier parts of the manga)

Also where would we put Luffy's magenta-ish coloring?

It seems to me to be black is basic users who can use haki have this color to theirs. Purple seem to be primarily FBH users which the fact they can coat the whole body at once could be one of two things, either it's stronger or because it's distributed all over at once it's weaker per point of impact as it's not as centralized at the point of impact as black haki would be being focused on a single point.

Which side are you leaning towards for purple, weaker or stronger than black?

Punk Hazard

Immortal
Kin
1,664💸
Kumi
11,569💴
Trait Points
50⚔️
I think it might be a stylistic thing tbh. I wouldn't be surprised if the different colors have a meaning. But from stuff like Luffy having a magenta-ish coloring with Snakeman but Boundman having that purple-ish coloring, it could be Oda/the anime team just playing around with color palettes.

Also, you mentioned the invisible Haki thing so I thought I'd mention this: It's really interesting how when we first see Rayleigh destroy the slave collars, there's no Koka-coloring. Fast forward to Wano, when Luffy has a flashback to the scene, Rayleigh's hands are colored in with the black Koka hue. We can probably look back at some of the scenes in MF and imagine that they were using Koka.