Lightbringer

Legendary
Kin
0💸
Kumi
0💴
Trait Points
0⚔️
It's not so much about people handling the information, it's about what we do with it.

We can't live peacefully with different ethnicities in our own nation, let alone other nations around the world. If aliens did exist, there's no doubt in my mind we'd be at war with them.

We are far from ready to interacting with alien species.

Pervyy

Immortal
Kin
3,688💸
Kumi
31,205💴
Trait Points
0⚔️
Adapt and survive, the way we have always lived. We live and learn new things and when we do we find a way to learn to live with it. Saying the earth was round, that would of been alien at some point. If you told me as a kid that my phone, could do everything, camera, mp3 player, all functions of a computer, connect to the internet without a wire?

Take all that into consideration, handling it would be fine, if not lets throw some Hollywood in there and have an independence day or AVP shiz.

Chikombo

Elite
Kin
9,371💸
Kumi
1,003💴
Trait Points
0⚔️
Awards
It's not so much about people handling the information, it's about what we do with it.

We can't live peacefully with different ethnicities in our own nation, let alone other nations around the world. If aliens did exist, there's no doubt in my mind we'd be at war with them.

We are far from ready to interacting with alien species.
Yea ikr, that's what Stephen Hawkin said, that when people from other places have encountered people from other places here on earth we haven't done so in good ways, but nowadays we have come a long way right? So I think it is possible.

Adapt and survive, the way we have always lived. We live and learn new things and when we do we find a way to learn to live with it. Saying the earth was round, that would of been alien at some point. If you told me as a kid that my phone, could do everything, camera, mp3 player, all functions of a computer, connect to the internet without a wire?

Take all that into consideration, handling it would be fine, if not lets throw some Hollywood in there and have an independence day or AVP shiz.
That's true things have changed a lot just recently, like the last decades, so maybe it would be a shock first but eventually it would be fine.

Lightbringer

Legendary
Kin
0💸
Kumi
0💴
Trait Points
0⚔️
Yea ikr, that's what Stephen Hawkin said, that when people from other places have encountered people from other places here on earth we haven't done so in good ways, but nowadays we have come a long way right? So I think it is possible.
We may have come a long way, but we still have a long way to go. We still persecute people for their beliefs, gender, color, etc. and we've felt threatened by third world countries. But we're talking about an entirely different species altogether, who's intelligence matches our own.

I wouldn't have a doubt in my mind that governments from around the world would feel threatened by another intelligent species with superior technology.

DarkDarling

Regular
Kin
22💸
Kumi
0💴
Trait Points
0⚔️
Most people are too scared to face beings beyond them like that.
I'm a believer in aliens so I'd treat them as companions of the universe.
So I'd say as a collective, no. There's too many close-minded doom-thinking humans.

Aim64C

Veteran
Kin
0💸
Kumi
0💴
Trait Points
0⚔️
Awards
Plot twist... the aliens are already here, have been since the beginning, and are among us as we speak.

... Does that make them aliens, still?

fiercerunner

Kin
0💸
Kumi
0💴
Trait Points
0⚔️
I think most of the population would be okay, but it depends. If governments came out and said the aliens are malevolent, there might be mass panic. If governments said they were peaceful, maybe not.

There's already some evidence of alien activity in the form of declassified UFO docs, video footage, etc. There are also many ex-military and astronauts who have made astonishing claims. All of it should be taken with a grain of salt, but it's very interesting.

Animegoin

Veteran
Kin
4,124💸
Kumi
2,010💴
Trait Points
0⚔️
The fact is that once we receive indisputable proof that aliens exist, history and the world as whole changes. But to be honest, if the governments of the world were straight forward about their existence earlier in history then we wouldn’t even have to think about this topic. Whether their existence would be detrimental or beneficial to our own existence is up to the respective aliens as individuals.

greenette

Kin
9💸
Kumi
0💴
Trait Points
0⚔️
Hell no XD

Like really, we'll be ready for aliens when we're truly one global society without borders.

Remember what happened to the Aztecs, and aboriginals of Australia and North America? It was not pretty - they were conquered, subdued and stripped of their wealth and identities. In all of history this has been the general scenario - advanced civilization sweeps in and takes everything without mercy - and why would we expect anything less of aliens? It's the narrative of alien movies as well, either this or that they're just mindless predators who want to kill us.

Back to my global society thing. We won't be ready for actual aliens until we stop thinking of people from other countries as aliens, simple. If we cant allow other human beings into our space what hope do we have of accepting real aliens, no matter if theyre intentions toward us?

xCore

Regular
Kin
603💸
Kumi
6💴
Trait Points
0⚔️
I think people will be too busy living their lives to care to be honest. Depends on what impact their presence has on our civilization.

SilverWolf49

Kin
251💸
Kumi
176💴
Trait Points
0⚔️
Humans wont accept it. There are fellow humans in the present who look and think different than the average "normal" person; and we see that different people be discriminated and treated like freaks. So if aliens appear....it will just be the same we will treat the aliens like garbage freaks.