Regular
Kin
5,794💸
Kumi
1,695💴
Trait Points
0⚔️
As a clan, I mean.

Kaguya has been present from basically the beginning. Momo and the rest seem like late retcons though. Reason being that, if they were planned from the beginning, it seems reasonable to think that Zetsu - at least - would have made some mention of or reference to them. And not only Zetsu. Isshiki, in particular, should have inspired some legendary rumours and so on, since he was actually present in the world the whole time. I will grant it to the authors that his time-space powers/location allow the lack of rumours to be explained away, but only as they must.

What say you? With so many claimed retcons coming down to misunderstanding or dishonesty, are the Otsutsuki as a clan a true retcon in the series?

Reactions: minamoto

Bob74h

Regular
Kin
3,569💸
Kumi
210💴
Trait Points
0⚔️
As a clan, I mean.

Kaguya has been present from basically the beginning. Momo and the rest seem like late retcons though. Reason being that, if they were planned from the beginning, it seems reasonable to think that Zetsu - at least - would have made some mention of or reference to them. And not only Zetsu. Isshiki, in particular, should have inspired some legendary rumours and so on, since he was actually present in the world the whole time. I will grant it to the authors that his time-space powers/location allow the lack of rumours to be explained away, but only as they must.

What say you? With so many claimed retcons coming down to misunderstanding or dishonesty, are the Otsutsuki as a clan a true retcon in the series?

Nothing was retconned in this regard even in shippuden
Momoshiki appeared as a silhouette
You must be registered for see images

About isshiki in particular
Everything about him is a walking plot hole

nothing ever was said about there being a second otstuki who came down to earth not by momo who should of known such info being sent by the clan itself to collect chakra as kaguya failed doing so nor by toneri,haguromo,zetsu or any other character who should have awareness about events in kaguya's life

and the thing about the tree needing a living sacrifice is made up and nonsensical as kaguya and momo made a god tree without the need of killing any otstuki members