[Discussion] Are Strawhat ready to take Yonko title?

Skull Knight

Veteran
Kin
1,523💸
Kumi
0💴
Trait Points
0⚔️
You see after WCI arc, Morgan ended his report saying "5th Emperor of the Sea has emerged"
You must be registered to see images

Current Luffy is somewhere close to Yonko/Admiral lvl guy. Especially after his training with Yakuza Boss, I firmly believe he's very close to Admiral lvl.

But is his crew also at same lvl as other Yonko crew?

If we simply go with the hype, BB's crew looks most impressive. I mean they all escaped Impel Down and now DF users.

Kaido's crew hype is also similar. Beast pirates with Artificial Zoans

Not to forget this guy got All stars n Numbers too.

Shanks is said to be most balanced crew with Impregnable stuff

And Big Mom also have similar hype

So where does SHs are currently?
-You see BB said one thing which is so true

It's still too early to call yourself an Emperor.

You see in NW either you become part of Yonko or fight them

And currently SHs themselves don't have the firepower to fight alone with a Yonko n his crew. Even if they summon there fleet I doubt they could have did any better job then Scabbards did so far.

So will SHs by the end of this arc will have a crew like Yonkos setup?
- The answer is yes and no.
See Yonko crew comprises of Yonko, Commanders, Shichibukai (mid lvl guys), Allies n then fodders.

-SHs already got Allies n fodders when they make that 5k big fleet.

-But the current crew can't be broken into Yonko Commanders n Shichibukai lvl guys yet. I mean yes they got Jinbei a former Shichibukai but we need him to fill 3rd commander lvl position with 1st n 2nd taken by Zoro n Sanji respectively. Sadly we have zero feats from Zoro n Sanji to be on the Yonko Commander lvl position.
One might say that they could still engage with King n Queen n take them down. But at this stage I doubt they can take them down without any external help.

This is why I pointed that BBs words were actually quite interesting as it took BB another year (after killing WB) to take the title of Yonko. Even with some of the most baddest criminals in his crew he need the DF to boost their power so that they can face Marines as well as new pirates.

So SHs desperately needs some training and I think after the end of this raid I think both Zoro n Sanji needs to take training from that Yakuza guy n enhance their Haki. Ussop needs to learn more abt Observation n Armament Haki n Nami needs Zeus back.
Then only we might see them acting like a proper Yonko sort of crew by the end of the arc.

Nox

Regular
Kin
1,096💸
Kumi
4,146💴
Trait Points
50⚔️
Five Supernovas are preforming better against Two Emperors than Nine Scabbards did against One. Of those Five, Luffy CoA has rattled Kaido and elicited comparisons to Roger, Whitebeard, Rox, Oden and Shanks. Meanwhile Zoro has been cause of concern in multiple instances. With the most recent chapter involving a momentary block of TWO Emperor's attacks. All the while he's professed incomplete mastery of Enma. Sanji survived unfazed clashing with King. Jinbe's recruitment earned gasps from Kid and Law. This is man who tanked Magma Punches and Cognac. As well as overwhelming a starved deranged Linlin. All of this and none have participated in prolonged confrontation and exhausted their abilities/movesets. I don't know what Yonko Commander feats you need. As for the other Strawhats with the exception of Chopper all of them are engaging Tobbi Roppo. You know the Six Individuals who're in line of a potential All Star Selection. The only Pirate threat to Strawhats are other Yonkos or alliances of Supernovas. What do you think this makes them??

Skull Knight

Veteran
Kin
1,523💸
Kumi
0💴
Trait Points
0⚔️
Five Supernovas are preforming better against Two Emperors than Nine Scabbards did against One. Of those Five, Luffy CoA has rattled Kaido and elicited comparisons to Roger, Whitebeard, Rox, Oden and Shanks. Meanwhile Zoro has been cause of concern in multiple instances. With the most recent chapter involving a momentary block of TWO Emperor's attacks. All the while he's professed incomplete mastery of Enma. Sanji survived unfazed clashing with King. Jinbe's recruitment earned gasps from Kid and Law. This is man who tanked Magma Punches and Cognac. As well as overwhelming a starved deranged Linlin. All of this and none have participated in prolonged confrontation and exhausted their abilities/movesets. I don't know what Yonko Commander feats you need. As for the other Strawhats with the exception of Chopper all of them are engaging Tobbi Roppo. You know the Six Individuals who're in line of a potential All Star Selection. The only Pirate threat to Strawhats are other Yonkos or alliances of Supernovas. What do you think this makes them??
Zoro n Sanji never got the Commander lvl hype. Sanji got thrashed by King when they clashed

Unless they both take King n Queen down in this arc without any external help, I just couldn't see them as Commander lvl threats. Considering the fact that we saw what it took Luffy to beat one in WCI I doubt they can beat them without any help.

You brought Jinbei example.
When he stopped Akainu lava punch he was basically ready to sacrifice himself.

And it was Vista n Marco who clashed with Akainu seconds after this.
Jinbei throwing BM from ship also was hardly impressive as she was not in her true form.

The mid lvl fights:
Nami and Ussop are fighting against Ulti n Page One.

We gonna get Maria Vs Robin n Brook.

Sasaki is fighting Franky in his Robot.

And Who's who fighting Jinbei(ideally Jinbei should take down Jack but ok).

Note Nami n Ussop are struggling

Even though they getting help from Otama n Nami n Ussop sniping here n there they still don't know how to take Ulti n Page One down.

Similarly General Franky himself got into a position where he could have lost the fight unless O Tama came with his army.

Now I won't talk abt Roof top fight as you yourself said 5Supernovas are engaging with 2 Yonko. Among which 3 have nothing to do with SHs. And they doesn't comprises under SHs fleet. Law sure might help SH but Kid I don't see he will help Luffy in future.

This is why I strongly believe that Zoro n Sanji needs the training after the end of this arc with that Yakuza Boss guy.
Nami needs Zeus n Ussop need to get Armament Haki.