Are some asian nations more asian-er than others?

Kin
0💸
Kumi
0💴
Trait Points
0⚔️
Do you think some asian nations are more "asian-er" than others?

Like for example, asia is usually sterotyped to include Japan, China, Korea etc, mainly the eastern asian countries

Do you think these nations, Japan, China and Korea are more "asianer" than other countries in West Asia, like Pakistan, Nepal, Bangladesh and Sri Lanka.

Or is it just the fact that the word "asian" is being defined by orientalists in the West?

BTW im not being racist, im asian myself.

Mellow

Legendary
Kin
30💸
Kumi
521💴
Trait Points
0⚔️
Yeah. I have two asian friends and one is from the islands of Asian and the other is from southeast Asia and the one from the Philipines calls the other one "dirty"

Callypigia

Veteran
Kin
88💸
Kumi
0💴
Trait Points
0⚔️
Awards
I facepalmed after reading this thread. What exactly do you mean, like you're not a true Asian country unless you use chopsticks? Asian is Asian, every culture is unique. Don't just go on stereotypes.

Ken Kaneki

Veteran
Kin
0💸
Kumi
0💴
Trait Points
0⚔️
Nopes dude, no common culture binds Asia. Asia has Iraq, China , India ,even some part of Russia, Japan, etc. The cultural difference is mind boggling and certainly more diverse than NA or Europe

Conspirator.

Legendary
Kin
124💸
Kumi
6💴
Trait Points
0⚔️
Awards
No they aren't. It's all stereotypes. In Australia, where I live, East Asians like Chinese, Japanese etc are your stereotypical "Asians". Meanwhile, Indians, Pakistanis, Sri Lankans etc a're all loosely grouped as "Indians". I believe it's the opposite in Britain though.

Multiply

Legendary
Kin
3💸
Kumi
3💴
Trait Points
0⚔️
Awards
No they aren't. It's all stereotypes. In Australia, where I live, East Asians like Chinese, Japanese etc are your stereotypical "Asians". Meanwhile, Indians, Pakistanis, Sri Lankans etc a're all loosely grouped as "Indians". I believe it's the opposite in Britain though.
Very doubtful of this, but I could be wrong.

Wabbit

Banned
Legendary
Kin
0💸
Kumi
0💴
Trait Points
0⚔️
The term Asian you are referring to people call has nothing to do with continent, it is based on how people look. Probably westerners could not find anything else other than Asians to call people with mongoloid characteristic. South east Asians and Arabs are not called Asians even if they are in Asia. They are identified in western countries as Arabs or something else. Those people cant usually differentiate between Indian and Pakistani,Chinese and Koreans, so they group immigrant like this. I don't know why/how others widely use this terminology.

Kin
0💸
Kumi
0💴
Trait Points
0⚔️
Well, West asians (Indian, Bangladesh, Pakistan) etc have darker skin pigmentation, we dark-muthaf****** stand out from the North Asians (Jap, China, Mongolia, Korea) who usually have pale-light skin.

Farout, so many people with Indian and Bangladesh backgrounds are so dark, its not funny. We disappear when the lights go out.

That goes without saying, i can usually tell what part of Asia an asian comes from by looking at their skin colour. Its very easy. West asians are dark usually, and the North and East Asians are usually lighter in colour.

Last edited: