Are military members allowed to own businesses ?

Status
Not open for further replies.

HENI

Legendary
Kin
24💸
Kumi
16💴
Trait Points
0⚔️
Are military members allowed to own their own businesses to have multiple streams of income? I am gonna become a national guard and I know I can have a different job in the civilian world while serving , but can I own a business also, such as eBay

Aim64C

Veteran
Kin
0💸
Kumi
0💴
Trait Points
0⚔️
Awards
There are no specific restrictions that I am aware of. This is particularly the case for the Reserves and National Guard (though the National Guard is run by the State - so there may be some additional considerations depending upon the state), as most people have other jobs outside the military and some have their own businesses.

Depending upon what type of business you do, and your customer/client base, there may be some security clearance concerns - but aside from that, nothing says you can't be an active duty service member and own a business, even while deployed. You can't (or shouldn't) use your military affiliation to advertise for or 'authenticate' your business, but you can run a business as a military member.

Reactions: RuckenTM

Adam Driver

Legendary
Kin
2💸
Kumi
0💴
Trait Points
0⚔️
Awards
There are no specific restrictions that I am aware of. This is particularly the case for the Reserves and National Guard (though the National Guard is run by the State - so there may be some additional considerations depending upon the state), as most people have other jobs outside the military and some have their own businesses.

Depending upon what type of business you do, and your customer/client base, there may be some security clearance concerns - but aside from that, nothing says you can't be an active duty service member and own a business, even while deployed. You can't (or shouldn't) use your military affiliation to advertise for or 'authenticate' your business, but you can run a business as a military member.
so smart...... proud to have u in potokanchicha groupe tute...

uwu

Kin
0💸
Kumi
0💴
Trait Points
0⚔️
In Belgium you aren't allowed to have any kind of business if you are a police men, politicians, lawyer, military member or a judge.
This is mainly because they can get influenced in a ton of different ways and/or leak information.

Status
Not open for further replies.