Are LoK Benders that much weaker than TLA?

TheUnbiasedOne

Veteran
Kin
0💸
Kumi
0💴
Trait Points
0⚔️
It seems like the general consensus is that the LoK benders are weaker. But it seems to me that TLA benders just were another scale of bending. They would bend clouds and lakes, but it didn't seem all that more lethal. The only bending art that I'm disappointed in currently is Waterbending. Every other art improved in a way.
Earthbending got more dynamic metalbending, and became less rigid.
Firebending now can generally use electricity and is faster, and more concentrated.
Airbending is now widespread and is building with more masters.
Waterbending got smaller, and less powerful. Before Katara became senile, she was quite easily the family fifth strongest bender on the planet, behind Aang, Iroh, and Azula. It became short jabs of water that pushed people.

Katara was the last true waterbender.

Lastly, the red lotus is the only reasonable threat this series had, that held a candle to the previous team Avatar.

Kin
0💸
Kumi
0💴
Trait Points
0⚔️
I say LOK are stronger. Amon was virtually invincible, Zaheer was on par with Korra while she was in the Avatar State, That water girl with no hands was BOSS, Unalaq was basically a waterbender on steroids.

Ripple Hole

Banned
Veteran
Kin
0💸
Kumi
0💴
Trait Points
0⚔️
TLA often utilized their elements in more creative ways imo compared to LOK,
though I feel LOK had more OP users who had a better grasp of what they could do.

Lance171

Banned
Regular
Kin
0💸
Kumi
0💴
Trait Points
0⚔️
never thought about it, but that I think about it TLA benders did seem a little for wide spread.the fight with aang and the fire lord was such a great fight. one of the most hyped and vuilt up fight in all anime, and to top it off it was a American anime. I wonder if the Japanese watch TLA or LOK

arv993

Elite
Kin
193💸
Kumi
2💴
Trait Points
0⚔️
Tla is better I made a thread on it b4. It's easily seen no earthbender can touch toph or bumi, no fire ended was on Ozai or iroh or even Azula level, aang>any airbender and water is the only part debatable due to Amon etc

TheUnbiasedOne

Veteran
Kin
0💸
Kumi
0💴
Trait Points
0⚔️
never thought about it, but that I think about it TLA benders did seem a little for wide spread.the fight with aang and the fire lord was such a great fight. one of the most hyped and vuilt up fight in all anime, and to top it off it was a American anime. I wonder if the Japanese watch TLA or LOK
Yeah, a prime example being the beautiful Azula vs Zuko fight. All that fire was gorgeous and dramatic, but 90% of it went to waste. With current bending, it mostly hits, and is a lot more efficient. It's like Boxing, VS Tae Kwon Do. They both get the job done, just, one of them is prettier.

The writers realized this, and made book 3 look much more traditional.

Lance171

Banned
Regular
Kin
0💸
Kumi
0💴
Trait Points
0⚔️
Yeah, a prime example being the beautiful Azula vs Zuko fight. All that fire was gorgeous and dramatic, but 90% of it went to waste. With current bending, it mostly hits, and is a lot more efficient. It's like Boxing, VS Tae Kwon Do. They both get the job done, just, one of them is prettier.

The writers realized this, and made book 3 look much more traditional.
TLA and LOK are some of my favorite shows ever. the animation was amazing it surprised me when the last few seasons of LOK didn't show on tv

TheUnbiasedOne

Veteran
Kin
0💸
Kumi
0💴
Trait Points
0⚔️
TLA and LOK are some of my favorite shows ever. the animation was amazing it surprised me when the last few seasons of LOK didn't show on tv
For some reason, Book Three (Red Lotus) was the height. It showed every form of Bending's Ultimate level of Skill. It brought Back the huge scale bending, but kept battle modern and fast paced. It was the season I felt like the New Team Avatar was actually surpassing the last generation.

Reactions: Lance171