Elite
Kin
9,371💸
Kumi
1,003💴
Trait Points
0⚔️
Awards
Like, are all the solutions to climate change found in the left spectrum of politics?
Are there that many right wingers who care about the climate? And if people care about the climate does that mean they care about leftist issues? Is climate change a leftist issue?

Cus if it is, then I'm not sure I have hope for the future, cus I don't see that many people accepting leftist opinions.

Tsuki

Supreme
Kin
1,154💸
Kumi
30,042💴
Trait Points
0⚔️
Awards
Climate should be an issue for both sides, but it will probably be addressed in a manner that fits their respective political ideals.

I do believe there are right-wing parties who care about climate issues. For example in Norway we have the "Høyre" party (literally means "Right") who addresses the issue of climate change and has openly talked about how much gas-emission percentages they plan on reducing within the next X amount of years (sorry forgot the numbers). On the other hand, Norway's most extreme right-wing party seem to avoid talking about climate issues. So you have both.

Shanks

Elite
Kin
2,712💸
Kumi
974💴
Trait Points
0⚔️
Awards
Gosh mate climate change is not left or right wing. The studies were conducted by scientist.

This climatephobia is only in US of A. Imagine telling your coal buddies to pack your bags and close 200 billion dollar industry. Ya right !!

N o i r

Kin
93💸
Kumi
3💴
Trait Points
0⚔️
Climate change means more Government regulation, which a lot of Republicans aren't a big fan of. It really shouldn't be framed as a leftist issue, in america we just have a lot of more people in the right who deny the science behind climate change, some do it because of their religious beliefs, others hide behind those religious beliefs to mask their corporate greed.

HowDidIGetPrem

Elite
Kin
5,803💸
Kumi
1,192💴
Trait Points
0⚔️
Awards
More of an American thing. Climate change isn't only acknowledged by the left, and it's mostly opposed for economical reasons. The right values economical gains more than people on the left, so they're willing to take those gains even knowing the costs that'll tag along. They may try to paint it as though it doesn't exist or it's not/won't be so bad, but those are all just excuses. Deep down, they're smart enough to know it's real and understand they'd lose support if they admitted to the reality of it.