Are Christians supposed to be communists?

Deadlift

Veteran
Kin
0💸
Kumi
0💴
Trait Points
0⚔️
The eminent Orthodox theologian David Bentley Hart seems to think so. Especially in an age where if you identify yourself as a Christian people will start thinking that you certainly are an ultraconservative, hyperpatriotic and crypto-racist defender of the most intransigent form of capitalism, at least this view is quite original:

Chikombo

Elite
Kin
9,371💸
Kumi
1,003💴
Trait Points
0⚔️
Awards
The christians I know are not even remotely close to being communists.

Communist countries have banned religion because they don't want people to believe in God when they should be focusing on the state.

I have had similar thoughts, I know there was some book that described the persons political left thoughts matching his religious thoughts.

I'm sure there are some similarities in ideas but it could also be just because you look for them, if you devote yourself to communism then that's not the same if you devote yourself to christianity, but I'm sure you could find similarities.

Last edited:

Dreckerplayer

Elite
Kin
26💸
Kumi
0💴
Trait Points
0⚔️
It's really not that serious.

It's okay, we know you just wanted an opportunity to show off your pre-rehearsed verbiage.Not falling for it, buddy.

Christians, aren't that special, in fact, they're confused...

Cornson

Regular
Kin
0💸
Kumi
2,500💴
Trait Points
0⚔️
Maybe not communist, but Jesus was clearly against the concept of capitalism and greed and wanted everyone to help each others, even the sick that can't help themselves.

what happended to don't coveth they nabours goods? and helping the sick? those are actual christian values and if you don't have those im not even sure you can even be a follower of christ.

Reactions: BLAZE

DarkDarling

Regular
Kin
22💸
Kumi
0💴
Trait Points
0⚔️
If I'm not mistaken, Karl Marx defined one of communism's attributes as being anti-religion.
Then again you can believe in God but not the physical construct/organization of religion.

Brady

Regular
Kin
0💸
Kumi
0💴
Trait Points
0⚔️
According to Jesus all Christians should be wanderers spreading God's word and giving up their possessions to the poor, but the world isn't as comforting and easy to live in as the Bible would make it seem.

Cornson

Regular
Kin
0💸
Kumi
2,500💴
Trait Points
0⚔️
According to Jesus all Christians should be wanderers spreading God's word and giving up their possessions to the poor, but the world isn't as comforting and easy to live in as the Bible would make it seem.
pretty sure the world is more comfortable now than i was 2000 years ago ;)

heck it's vastly more comfortable just compared to 100 years ago :)

Offpanel

Kin
0💸
Kumi
0💴
Trait Points
0⚔️
Marxist ideology is expressively anti-religious. In the earliest Christian church, shown in the book of Acts, there is a charitable aspect present where the believers share what they have with each other to help each other out, however personal possessions and property rights are still respected and not banned.

Edogawa

Regular
Kin
3💸
Kumi
3💴
Trait Points
0⚔️
No.

All communists are atheists or at least the vast majority who adhere to the ideology is. Every communist country in the past and still in present identify as State Atheism. Communist countries systematically fight against religion.

-They banned religious studies from education curriculum.
-Religion was not allowed to be practiced in public.
-Religious symbols were destroyed.

Up until this day, China practices these policies.

Yeah right

Regular
Kin
4💸
Kumi
-6💴
Trait Points
0⚔️
I can’t understand why you guys keep saying communism and anti religion.

I think a better way to word it, how can a Christian live in a capitalistic society.
We see homelessness grow, poverty grow, medical bills grow, education prices grow. Greed is good right? Trends are just people covetting others.

Kim K is an American role model. Oh because of jews? Or because rich people? No. Because middle America loves her.
60%+ population in U.S are Christians. That’s 280,000,000 Christians.
Christians undoubtedly endorse her and her lifestyle.

The only way I can think of is , “God only helps those, who can help themselves” but is that even a real Christian saying? I’m no bible scholar.

Last edited: