[Discussion] Apples and Oranges

dead0

Kin
55💸
Kumi
0💴
Trait Points
0⚔️
I've been thinking about why we expect people to be a certain way.. and whether they have a responsibility to be a particular way.

An obvious and in this case also true answer is no. People don't.

I think it's the expectations(which also have a cause mentioned below) that is the problem, take this case for example.

You're buying Oranges and see that one Orange on shelf is slightly reddish, more than it should be, it's also not a proper circular shape and there is some branch on top of it, clearly this is a faulty Orange or is it? It's just an Apple.

Should the Apple be blamed for not being Orange? Is it the Apple's fault that One wanted Oranges today? How could the Apple have known?

So what can be done in this situation....
Put the Apple somewhere else? Blame it for being in the wrong shelf? I have a proposal that requires NO CHANGE at all.
The One just endures for today and perhaps even contemplates on the fact that he will not get an Orange today, or as many as he wanted.

I think it's not Pain, or suffering that is bad, That is just as valid a part of life as the opposite counterparts.
It's the invalidation of pain that is the problem, it shouldn't be invalidated any more than people invalidate happiness or whatever they say they prefer when they invalidate.

I think pain is fine, if we're are allowed to just go through it with trust and good faith.

I would debate but again I don't expect anyone to be Apple or an Orange, be a Bananna u'kno, I think the ideal thing to do is to just let it be and observe without wanting to interrupt or expectations.

Reactions: Infant