ShaneEyyy

Veteran
Kin
3💸
Kumi
0💴
Trait Points
0⚔️
Is anyone watching the English Dubbed Shippuden? How is it quality wise like good animation and including majority of manga or really subpar? I havent even finished Shippuden yet lol I get tired of the manga personally because I find the anime more entertaining and was waiting until Shippuden became dubbed to finish the series.

Cfighter

Veteran
Kin
0💸
Kumi
0💴
Trait Points
0⚔️
I haven't watched the dubbed in a very long time, but I did recently look into it as I like to periodically see where the dubbed is. If you're waiting to catch up for the dub to finish the entire series, then I can tell you that based on where it is right now it will be another 2 years exactly for the dub to finish the entire series—the dub releases a batch of 11-15 episodes every 3 months, and there's still some ground to cover, so unless they start doubling or tripling the releases (which isn't likely at all) then you're indeed looking at roughly 2 years.

In regards to your question about animation/quality overall—there are only 4 episodes specifically that blew me away in terms of animation, everything else ranged from mediocre-completely average. Around where the dubbed currently is, is where the series really started to decline in animation quality as well as integrity as they started throwing in entire filler arcs inbetween as little as 2-5 canon episodes (there was once an entire year with only 4 canon episodes released). So unless you enjoy filler as much as the canon, you're in for a rude-awakening on this one. In my honest opinion, considering how much filler there is (and the rest of the arc in general) it's not worth waiting 2 years, if you're craving to know what happens and don't want to read the manga then watch the subbed anime.

Reactions: Bimbonium

uhmusddy

Veteran
Kin
38💸
Kumi
15💴
Trait Points
0⚔️
I haven't watched the dubbed in a very long time, but I did recently look into it as I like to periodically see where the dubbed is. If you're waiting to catch up for the dub to finish the entire series, then I can tell you that based on where it is right now it will be another 2 years exactly for the dub to finish the entire series—the dub releases a batch of 11-15 episodes every 3 months, and there's still some ground to cover, so unless they start doubling or tripling the releases (which isn't likely at all) then you're indeed looking at roughly 2 years.

In regards to your question about animation/quality overall—there are only 4 episodes specifically that blew me away in terms of animation, everything else ranged from mediocre-completely average. Around where the dubbed currently is, is where the series really started to decline in animation quality as well as integrity as they started throwing in entire filler arcs inbetween as little as 2-5 canon episodes (there was once an entire year with only 4 canon episodes released). So unless you enjoy filler as much as the canon, you're in for a rude-awakening on this one. In my honest opinion, considering how much filler there is (and the rest of the arc in general) it's not worth waiting 2 years, if you're craving to know what happens and don't want to read the manga then watch the subbed anime.
Exactly this.

ShaneEyyy

Veteran
Kin
3💸
Kumi
0💴
Trait Points
0⚔️

Wow ok I'm probably just going to finish it with the english sub instead. Do you think the animation in part 1 is better than shippuden?

whiteboy2345

Veteran
Kin
0💸
Kumi
0💴
Trait Points
0⚔️
Dubbed is in the Shippuden Chunin filler where Lee fights that moron.

Obito's voice introduction was nice but it's quite clear that the actors are rusty and are doing quite a horrible job.

Cfighter

Veteran
Kin
0💸
Kumi
0💴
Trait Points
0⚔️
Wow ok I'm probably just going to finish it with the english sub instead. Do you think the animation in part 1 is better than shippuden?
Without a single doubt in my mind. Again, there are only 4 episodes in the last arc of Shippuden that stood out to me, and looking back at the series as a whole those 4 episodes may be the only 4 episodes to stand out in all of Shippuden—you'll know them when you see them. But Part 1 overall did have far better animation simply because of the consistency of it, and I would credit that consistent quality on the fact that Part 1 didn't have to worry about filler at all really. Shippuden on the other hand, as I mentioned, went so far overkill with the filler that Shippuden alone has I believe a 49% filler ratio, or something to that nature.

ShaneEyyy

Veteran
Kin
3💸
Kumi
0💴
Trait Points
0⚔️
Without a single doubt in my mind. Again, there are only 4 episodes in the last arc of Shippuden that stood out to me, and looking back at the series as a whole those 4 episodes may be the only 4 episodes to stand out in all of Shippuden—you'll know them when you see them. But Part 1 overall did have far better animation simply because of the consistency of it, and I would credit that consistent quality on the fact that Part 1 didn't have to worry about filler at all really. Shippuden on the other hand, as I mentioned, went so far overkill with the filler that Shippuden alone has I believe a 49% filler ratio, or something to that nature.
Do you miss part 1 and or believe it was more entertaining than shippuden? I dont know how shippuden ends but were you happy with how it ended?

Cfighter

Veteran
Kin
0💸
Kumi
0💴
Trait Points
0⚔️
Do you miss part 1 and or believe it was more entertaining than shippuden? I dont know how shippuden ends but were you happy with how it ended?
lmao not in the slightest xD The final arc of the manga/Shippuden was so poorly executed that as much as I regret to admit, I was only continuing to read the manga to justify the time investment I had made in it thus far; the mindset of "I've come this far, I may as well stick it out through to the end". Without getting into details to prevent spoilers for you, the final arc of Naruto essentially boiled down to who could pull out the bigger, flashier attack/power-up to the point where the final fight of the series (the one that had actually been hyped up since Part 1) felt completely forced and tacked on simply because "the manga had to end with it". It was a complete departure from what made the series great in the first place.

ShaneEyyy

Veteran
Kin
3💸
Kumi
0💴
Trait Points
0⚔️
lmao not in the slightest xD The final arc of the manga/Shippuden was so poorly executed that as much as I regret to admit, I was only continuing to read the manga to justify the time investment I had made in it thus far; the mindset of "I've come this far, I may as well stick it out through to the end". Without getting into details to prevent spoilers for you, the final arc of Naruto essentially boiled down to who could pull out the bigger, flashier attack/power-up to the point where the final fight of the series (the one that had actually been hyped up since Part 1) felt completely forced and tacked on simply because "the manga had to end with it". It was a complete departure from what made the series great in the first place.
Sorry for all the questions but reading your insight and opinions is very intriguing to me I respect what you're saying. I agree Shippuden around the Pain arc became all about flashy attacks like Dragonball Z and moved away from strategy. Last question, what I bolded, what do you think made the series so great in the first place?

Cfighter

Veteran
Kin
0💸
Kumi
0💴
Trait Points
0⚔️
Sorry for all the questions but reading your insight and opinions is very intriguing to me I respect what you're saying. I agree Shippuden around the Pain arc became all about flashy attacks like Dragonball Z and moved away from strategy. Last question, what I bolded, what do you think made the series so great in the first place?
Nah don't worry about it, discussion is why I've stuck around here for so long =D

Anyway, to me at least, what made the series great in the first place was every aspect of Part 1; the side characters were focused on just as much as Naruto, there was a heavier emphasis on character driven arcs rather than the over-the-top nonsense that the series closed with, the show had a certain charm to it back then that it lost during Shippuden, every fight in Part 1 was a strategic endeavor which gave each fight natural tension rather than artificially creating tension by constantly bringing out a stronger opponent like the series would later do, the villains were just as fulfilling as the main/side characters and the only real instance that I can remember of Talk no Jutsu in Part 1 (Zabuza) felt earned and justified.

It was the little things that made Part 1 so memorable, but I don't want to sound like I absolutely hate Shippuden with a passion; I just wish the final few arcs were handled better. There's still a lot that Shippuden did that I love as much as Part 1, just as there's a lot that it did that I didn't love.

Reactions: ShaneEyyy