[Question] Anyone interested in debates?

Troi

Legendary
Kin
3,461💸
Kumi
1,914💴
Trait Points
0⚔️
Awards
Back in the day, we used to have debate teams and 1v1s with a judge/moderator or three. I was wondering if anyone was interested in bringing that back. I miss it. And I am talking the real debates... Not a "you're wrong, I am right" deal. We provide proof of power of techniques, situations, IQ/knowledge, the fun stuff. Anyone?

Kin
9💸
Kumi
6💴
Trait Points
0⚔️
Back in the day, we used to have debate teams and 1v1s with a judge/moderator or three. I was wondering if anyone was interested in bringing that back. I miss it. And I am talking the real debates... Not a "you're wrong, I am right" deal. We provide proof of power of techniques, situations, IQ/knowledge, the fun stuff. Anyone?
so what type of 1v1 ani debates or formal ones ?with a motion and oppo / prop?

Infant

Regular
Kin
5,794💸
Kumi
1,695💴
Trait Points
0⚔️
Im in.

How about we start casually on the rules, so they don't become intimidating. For example, we focus more on points quality instead of word number, focus more on content instead of number of replies.

Also because we don't know each other very well, starting strict may make it difficult for others.

For characters, we can all just offer our own debate topics or list of characters and go on from there. Debate happens when we agree on a fight.

Infant

Regular
Kin
5,794💸
Kumi
1,695💴
Trait Points
0⚔️
I don't really have strong opinions so I am very bad at debates. But maybe I could join, maybe.
Its not about the opinion, but the reasoning behind it.

So even if you say: "character A can draw a fight with character B", thats fine. You only have to prove a draw is possible.

Reactions: Troi

Chikombo

Elite
Kin
9,371💸
Kumi
1,003💴
Trait Points
0⚔️
Awards
Its not about the opinion, but the reasoning behind it.

So even if you say: "character A can draw a fight with character B", thats fine. You only have to prove a draw is possible.
hmm sounds like I would wanna be devils advocate and try to debate all the wrong things then.

Infant

Regular
Kin
5,794💸
Kumi
1,695💴
Trait Points
0⚔️
hmm sounds like I would wanna be devils advocate and try to debate all the wrong things then.
In any knowledge based interaction, there is likely to be an objectively correct or most correct answer.

So its best to argue for what you actually believe as that has the most backup of all things you could try. Additionally, the fact that you believe it means getting defeated is still a learning experience, which is a beneficial thing.

Reactions: Troi

Chikombo

Elite
Kin
9,371💸
Kumi
1,003💴
Trait Points
0⚔️
Awards
In any knowledge based interaction, there is likely to be an objectively correct or most correct answer.

So its best to argue for what you actually believe as that has the most backup of all things you could try. Additionally, the fact that you believe it means getting defeated is still a learning experience, which is a beneficial thing.
ah ok.

• Angry
Reactions: minamoto

Troi

Legendary
Kin
3,461💸
Kumi
1,914💴
Trait Points
0⚔️
Awards
I will add all interested to PM and then we can take it from there.
Post automatically merged:

You mean Naruto debates? I'm in. Which character would you select as your client?
It would be a mixture each time. Someone takes dibs and whoever can pick up the opposing character. If I post a Madara vs Hashirama MU, and someone calls Madara, there will be someone who either A: Likes Hashi enough to pick him or B: Doesn't care and just wants to debate what they think is a good MU. But there are several different ways of doing this. I also would allow free range debates where two opponents can pick who they want in a MU.

Im in.

How about we start casually on the rules, so they don't become intimidating. For example, we focus more on points quality instead of word number, focus more on content instead of number of replies.

Also because we don't know each other very well, starting strict may make it difficult for others.

For characters, we can all just offer our own debate topics or list of characters and go on from there. Debate happens when we agree on a fight.
That works entirely. Love the input.

so what type of 1v1 ani debates or formal ones ?with a motion and oppo / prop?
Motion and prop but we will start light for any newcomers that might be interested as Infant suggested.

Last edited:
Reactions: Infant