Im_not_Osama_bin_laden

Regular
Kin
2,583💸
Kumi
330💴
Trait Points
0⚔️
I’ve thought this since I first started watching MHA but haven’t found anyone else to commiserate with lol. Based on the anime, I really feel like Bakugou has no redeeming traits besides being strong (yeah I get that he’s not flat out evil but that’s not really anything worth applauding).

He bullied and belittled Deku for YEARS, supposedly because he was somehow intimidated by Deku’s bravery in spite of not having a Quirk. Which is such a cowardly thing to begin with. From their past, I don’t see a single time where Bakugou was actually nice to Deku. His characterization is legit just that he has a superiority complex since some kindergarteners were impressed that he can explode things. And yet Deku for some reason treats Bakugou like a friend and admires him unwaveringly??

Even with the ‘developments’ in Bakugou’s character over later seasons, I feel the creators made a major misstep by not fully confronting all the shitty things he did to Deku. They try to portray it as if it’s just a rivalry and make Bakugou seem sympathetic over time while glossing over the parts of their past that are most important. For example, just looking back at the first few episodes, I can’t imagine not addressing how Bakugou constantly shamed Deku’s ambitions, with the whole throwing his notebook in the water, physically harassing him, making fun of him in front of the whole class etc etc. Shitting on people’s dreams ain’t cool buddy.

Bakugou is a bullying rat turd that can suck my dick💩

Reactions: Umari Senju

HowDidIGetPrem

Elite
Kin
5,803💸
Kumi
1,192💴
Trait Points
0⚔️
Awards
I also feel like this about him. At most, it seems you should tolerate him. The only and ONLY reason he'd deserve any sympathy is for his inferiority complex to Deku, but I consider that fact pathetic too. I just don't see the appeal in Bakugo. He's like a switch. Either he's oozing with jealousy or he's being an egotistic dick. It's so saddening to see him and Deku interact because it's soooooooo onesided. Honestly, Deku might actually be worse than Bakugo because Deku actually finds Bakugo admirable.

Im_not_Osama_bin_laden

Regular
Kin
2,583💸
Kumi
330💴
Trait Points
0⚔️
I also feel like this about him. At most, it seems you should tolerate him. The only and ONLY reason he'd deserve any sympathy is for his inferiority complex to Deku, but I consider that fact pathetic too. I just don't see the appeal in Bakugo. He's like a switch. Either he's oozing with jealousy or he's being an egotistic dick. It's so saddening to see him and Deku interact because it's soooooooo onsided. Honestly, Deku might actually be worse than Bakugo because Deku actually finds Bakugo admirable.
I mean kinda true with the Deku is worse for liking him but still.

HowDidIGetPrem

Elite
Kin
5,803💸
Kumi
1,192💴
Trait Points
0⚔️
Awards
I mean kinda true with the Deku is worse for liking him but still.
Yea, I find Deku worse, but Bakugo upsets me more not because of his character but because others accept his character. Looking at Bakugo makes me think there is no justice and looking at Deku on panel with Bakugo turns my stomach every time.

Reactions: Umari Senju

Im_not_Osama_bin_laden

Regular
Kin
2,583💸
Kumi
330💴
Trait Points
0⚔️
Yea, I find Deku worse, but Bakugo upsets me more not because of his character but because others accept his character. Looking at Bakugo makes me think there is no justice and looking at Deku on panel with Bakugo turns my stomach every time.
Yeah, I feel exactly the same my guy. I really hate that people in the MHA universe actually like him and can tolerate him. I have no idea why people even like him that's one of the reasons I made this thread was to hear other people's opinions but I did not think the first reply was going to feel the same way.

Reactions: HowDidIGetPrem

minamoto

Supreme
Kin
25,811💸
Kumi
11,914💴
Trait Points
0⚔️
I also feel like this about him. At most, it seems you should tolerate him. The only and ONLY reason he'd deserve any sympathy is for his inferiority complex to Deku, but I consider that fact pathetic too. I just don't see the appeal in Bakugo. He's like a switch. Either he's oozing with jealousy or he's being an egotistic dick. It's so saddening to see him and Deku interact because it's soooooooo onesided. Honestly, Deku might actually be worse than Bakugo because Deku actually finds Bakugo admirable.
u let ben ladder bash byakugo like dat??....WOW!!!!..

realobito1

Veteran
Kin
24💸
Kumi
0💴
Trait Points
0⚔️
I dont like him either, i think he is a character who i dont hate because I think he is unique as far as rivals go but considering he is not a villian yet is such an intolerable brat makes me really incapable of liking him. In think what really rubs me the wrong way is that nobody just straight up confronts him for being horrible, not almight or any of the teachers really. They should call him out be like heroes dont try to beat the hell out of their classmates just for being alive, you would make a crap hero if you continue to act this way. They all just basically assume he will change and he will if thats the mangaka wants it but I feel like MHA does a really good job of addressing emotional things in ways other shonen battle manga might neglect and yet they never call out the bully for being a straight up horrible.
Post automatically merged:

I love deku but I do hate this about his character. It just seems to me that some part of him should resent him. Bakugo has never done a thing for him so I think he should hold more animosity to him. The author adresses emotions really well.
Spoiler if you are not caught up in the manga but the way he deals with the todoroki family seems really realistic for a shonen, I wish he would have handled the Izuku situation mroe like this

• Haha
Reactions: minamoto

Umari Senju

Legendary
Kin
238💸
Kumi
96💴
Trait Points
0⚔️
Thank you! I thought it was just me lol. I agree, Bakugou has very little redeeming qualities, he is just angry all the time for no real good reason. I’d be fine with this if Deku would actually call him out and not just take it.
At least when Sasuke was being a dick Naruto would call him out and get in his face. Midoriya just smiles and acts like a freaking groupie around him.

the ONLY person to ever call Bakugou out on his s**t was Best Jeanist ( I think that was his name) god I wish he was back to reign in Bakugou’s rage.

minamoto

Supreme
Kin
25,811💸
Kumi
11,914💴
Trait Points
0⚔️
Thank you! I thought it was just me lol. I agree, Bakugou has very little redeeming qualities, he is just angry all the time for no real good reason. I’d be fine with this if Deku would actually call him out and not just take it.
At least when Sasuke was being a dick Naruto would call him out and get in his face. Midoriya just smiles and acts like a freaking groupie around him.

the ONLY person to ever call Bakugou out on his s**t was Best Jeanist ( I think that was his name) god I wish he was back to reign in Bakugou’s rage.
yo Sumari enju don't tell me u r watching teh boroto anime...cuz i will laught at u...

Reactions: Yuka

-Punk-

Supreme
Kin
116💸
Kumi
265💴
Trait Points
0⚔️
I don’t like him at all, he is not funny at all and his character is a whinny b1tch, he got a little better but still lame. That doesn’t stop me from loving the series tho. Deku is a good main character tho IMO