FitzChivalry Farseer

Veteran
Kin
38💸
Kumi
18💴
Trait Points
0⚔️
Ok so here’s a topic I’ve wanted to discuss ever since Naruto came to an end. Boruto showed us how Naruto became this Hokage with a stick up his butt. I mean I know he needed to mature and become responsible to take up the title of Hokage but he lost that personality that made him who he was. Honestly if you swap him out with Tsunade then there would be no difference. Why did Kishimoto have to make him into the same replicate of former Hokages such as Tsunade and Third Hokage. Where is the #1 knucklehead quick to temper Naruto that only cared about becoming better than everyone else.

Well enough of me whining hahaha I want to hear your thoughts. Did Naruto become the character that you wanted him to be?

Side note: his powers are beyond amazing and I would never change them. His personality is what I would drastically change

Lukecetion

Kin
754💸
Kumi
1,177💴
Trait Points
0⚔️
#1 Knucklehead is a title that is often translated into different things with different meanings such as; The Number One Maverick or The Number One Unexpected Ninja. These names came from Naruto's traits rather than his personality originally. People thought him stupid and weak, yet he always surprised with intellect and power far exceeding what people thought he had.

It wasn't until far later when he became known as "reckless" though. As a Hokage he is still extremely reckless and surprising. However as the world now knows him as a powerful person with a good personality, he is no longer surprising to them and as such he won't be viewed as that. However as we see through Kawaki, there are still people who are very much surprised by his actions and behavior.

Where as it would be wise to not fight Jigen, Naruto doesn't even think about it. Its the only solution to him. This what his personality always was about. He didn't think about right or wrong, he just did what he believe was right without thinking.

FitzChivalry Farseer

Veteran
Kin
38💸
Kumi
18💴
Trait Points
0⚔️
#1 Knucklehead is a title that is often translated into different things with different meanings such as; The Number One Maverick or The Number One Unexpected Ninja. These names came from Naruto's traits rather than his personality originally. People thought him stupid and weak, yet he always surprised with intellect and power far exceeding what people thought he had.

It wasn't until far later when he became known as "reckless" though. As a Hokage he is still extremely reckless and surprising. However as the world now knows him as a powerful person with a good personality, he is no longer surprising to them and as such he won't be viewed as that. However as we see through Kawaki, there are still people who are very much surprised by his actions and behavior.

Where as it would be wise to not fight Jigen, Naruto doesn't even think about it. Its the only solution to him. This what his personality always was about. He didn't think about right or wrong, he just did what he believe was right without thinking.
It’s good to finally get a response from here. Very well articulated and does give me a bit of insight on Boruto. Honestly I haven’t really watched Boruto and I do not know much besides the movie that came out and even then I’ve only seen pieces of the movie.

Yes his selflessness has always been a core part of his individuality. However everyone else in the show can be just as selfless and go up against anyone they knew they didn’t have a chance to win. I guess what I miss about Naruto is his stubbornness that would get him into some dumb but hilarious situations.

Kakooli

Elite
Kin
3,920💸
Kumi
1,401💴
Trait Points
0⚔️
Did Naruto achieve his world peace dream??? No! Chunin exam still exist...in part 1 hiruzen say purpose off this exam was a substitute for war...with childrens as pawns to display each nation's potential...

Naruto is helpless vs S/T travelers...and biggest threat in universe all know S/T jutsu (OTCHUCHUKI CLAN/KARA) he have to rely on saskey for help with his main life goal.......

Naruto cant even protect teh village...kawaki easily destroyed it!!!!!

so yes :) naruto is a big disappointment

HowDidIGetPrem

Elite
Kin
5,803💸
Kumi
1,192💴
Trait Points
0⚔️
Awards
I don't see anything wrong with Adult Naruto himself. The issue of Naruto always being unavailable is one that's forced by the plot, and it restrains him from doing much else. Who knows though, the plot point is justified in a way. Naruto isn't even cut out for paper work, and his strength has zero bearing on that. Force a pro boxer and an average person to do paper work, and odds are the boxer probably isn't any more resilient than the other person when it comes to paper work.

UCHIHAKUNOICHI

Veteran
Kin
324💸
Kumi
201💴
Trait Points
0⚔️
Aren't we all disappointed with our own adult version? lol

Anyway: Yes, he is just trash right now. But it's realistic. The system dragged him - and tbh he wanted to be part of it sooooo.
And Hinta is also to blame. She was always somehow depressive and gloomy and she passed this on to Naruto. lol
Man, and here I thought I'd have Hashirama 2 and all we have is this boring adult. ugh
I want an alternate ending.
Madara didn't die for this lol

Reactions: salamander uchiha

Animegoin

Veteran
Kin
4,124💸
Kumi
2,010💴
Trait Points
0⚔️
Aren't we all disappointed with our own adult version? lol

Anyway: Yes, he is just trash right now. But it's realistic. The system dragged him - and tbh he wanted to be part of it sooooo.
And Hinta is also to blame. She was always somehow depressive and gloomy and she passed this on to Naruto. lol
Man, and here I thought I'd have Hashirama 2 and all we have is this boring adult. ugh
I want an alternate ending.
Madara didn't die for this lol
Naruto is “Hashirama 2”, idk what you were expecting but Naruto is doing sort-of the same things Hashirama would do. The only difference is, Hashirama would probably hand Kawaki over as token of peace as he did the bijuu.

Lukecetion

Kin
754💸
Kumi
1,177💴
Trait Points
0⚔️
However everyone else in the show can be just as selfless and go up against anyone they knew they didn’t have a chance to win
Not entirely true. We probably see this at its peak during the Pain attack and Juubi battle. During the Pain attack, the Konoha Shinobi are quick to give up once they see the full extent of Pain's power when he completely crushes the village. The ones that wouldn't give up such as Kakashi has already died. Thus there remain a handful of people who are not willing to give up no matter what, these include Tsunade and Hinata. People such as Shikamaru and Sakura have already given up and admit that they can no longer do anything.

This is in stark contrast to Naruto and Tsunade who might believe themselves weaker than Pain, but regardless they don't back off. This is also in contrast to Hinata who knows that stepping foot on the battlefield will mean certain death for her, yet she does so anyways. She does this because she follows the same ideal as Naruto, that abounding your friends is a fate worse than death itself. Tsunade does this as she also embodies the Will of Fire, the ideal that a Shinobi should endure so that others don't have to and the Hokage is the physical embodiment of this even as her guards urges her not to.

That's about it. The rest of the Konoha Shinobi have given up and refuses to attack out of fear as Pain states. What differentiates Naruto from the rest of characters however is seen when he confronts Nagato. Naruto resolves to not only fight for his village and his friends, but wishes to fight for Nagato and everyone at as a whole. This is what he talks about when he wants to protect Kawaki and while he refers to his "village" he is talking about the world at large as a family. He knows he cannot protect the world alone, so he leaves the other villages to other people so he can do what he can, protect his village.

During the War, this ideology is complete destroyed within Naruto as he loses to Obito and Madara. Naruto finally gives up and Obito is proven right in his judgement. Yet we see the main difference that makes Naruto and Obito different and the main reason why Naruto wins in the end. Naruto didn't give up on his friends and turn they don't give up on him when he gives up. Hinata slaps him and reinforces his ideals and in the end this is what Kakashi tells Obito and this is why Obito decides to help himself.

That is at the core of Naruto's personality, that is what has lead him to be known as "rash" or impulsive to the world as seen during the Five Kage Summit. When he apologizes to Ay, he doesn't spout title or power, he doesn't let them know he is the hero or the power he contain. He simply apologizes as a friend of Sasuke, as a person who truly believes that the bond he shares with Sasuke greatly out-values his combative powers. Its rash, its stupid and most of all, it is unrealistic and yet he sticks to it as he is stubborn. Other people would falter and give up on these ideals as Obito states, yet Naruto does not. Thus he is the most selfless person in the world, willing to give up everything he has for the sake of others and never use himself as a standard, but becomes the standard through not giving up.