Any anime you thought you would hate but loved it?

Zyael

Kin
0💸
Kumi
0💴
Trait Points
0⚔️
Title says it all, for me it would be:
Gurren Lagann & Kuroko no Basket

I do not like mechas or robots or anything like that(sci-fi) and when I watched this, it was pure epic. Just purely made out of epic moments

Same for Kuroko no Basket, I don't like sports anime genre, but the way they implemented the show with the Generation of Miracles and there abilities and stuff like that, I was instantly hooked and it was an intense show! Definetly one of my favorites.

How about you guys?

BazzBee

Legendary
Kin
10💸
Kumi
0💴
Trait Points
0⚔️
Kuroko no basket, cause i too do not like sports anime genre and had upto no expectations from this anime, but a dude on this site told me it's sick so i gave it a go. loved it.

Hunterxhunter, thought it would be a kiddy show made for kids, where the main characters solos and each time he does he gives a long ass lecture on teamwork like Fairytale but it turned out to be one of my favorite manga's/anime's of all time

Flakez

Kin
0💸
Kumi
0💴
Trait Points
0⚔️
I rarely watch anime, but when I do, I make sure it's something I would like.

The only exception to that would be One Piece, never thought it would be something i'd like. I dropped it 2 times before i actually started liking it.

Gintõki1

Elite
Kin
16💸
Kumi
-250💴
Trait Points
0⚔️
Kuroko no Basket. I had to fight myself all the damn time and when i finally watched it, i liked it.

That's it pretty much. The rest i choose right or watch the first episodes and see if i like it or not.

Last edited:

Hexuze

Supreme
Kin
0💸
Kumi
0💴
Trait Points
0⚔️
Awards
One Piece but I wouldn't thought I'd hate it though. It was because I watched the 4kids dub as a kid and I never knew how badly 4kids butchered the series till someone told me. Some arcs were pretty nostalgic though, like the Orange Town arc.

Last edited:
Reactions: Milliana

Mahesvara

Elite
Kin
0💸
Kumi
0💴
Trait Points
0⚔️
True xD That anime in your sig is actually one of the ones i've been avoiding and might give it a try!
I was iffy about it at first because the name "The Irregular at Magic High School", but it took me by surprise and got me into reading the light novel series the anime was adapted from and now I am a major fanboy Lol.

Kingu

Elite
Kin
0💸
Kumi
0💴
Trait Points
0⚔️
Awards
Hunter x Hunter. The old manga cover had a picture of Gon with a fishing rod and a large frog, I think.
Assumed it would be about some kid catching weird creatures, kinda like Pokemon. Lol

Reactions: Wolves

Wolves

Veteran
Kin
1💸
Kumi
0💴
Trait Points
0⚔️
Yea, Katekyo Hitman Reborn and Bleach dropped both at least 4 times, but one day, I just forced myself to watch it and until this day, I love KHR soo much (would recommend to everyone btw) and Bleach is f*cking awesome as well.

For One Piece; I just continued reading a month ago (I was at chapter 400-ish) but stopped again.
But since a few days I'm constantly reading it and now I'm on chapter 588. I just love it.

Hunter x Hunter. The old manga cover had a picture of Gon with a fishing rod and a large frog, I think.
Assumed it would be about some kid catching weird creatures, kinda like Pokemon.
You must be registered for see images
This as well haha

Last edited:

Grimsaw666

Kin
0💸
Kumi
0💴
Trait Points
0⚔️
Terra Formars for me, I didnt like the roach designs I thought it was gunna be lame but once I started to see what they were capable of I was hooked to the point when waiting for the next chapter is agonizing for me since its not weekly like other Mangas :( and Gurren Lagann was another that I jugged by its cover glad I stuck around :)