Anime, More then Just... Part 6

Kin
89💸
Kumi
3💴
Trait Points
0⚔️
Posted by December 20, 2018 - Filed in Anime - 225 views
We have seen that anime can take us on a journey through our imaginations. That our hearts and minds gets engaged as we live through the lives of the characters. Every once and a while we come across issues of morality (right and wrong). I was watching episode 8 of Saga of Tanya the Evil "Trial by Fire". In the episode the soldiers from the empire was ordered to fire upon and kill civilians. This brought up the issue of right and wrong and morality in warefare. Tanya's troops were ordered to kill the civilians that stayed behind in the city. However Tanya first anounced that anyone staying in the city would be considered enemy soldiers of the empire. I am reminded of a true story of Seargant Alvin York. He was drafted into the army during WWI. Also he was a conscientious objector becuase of his religion. He did not want to kill. In October 1918, as a newly-promoted corporal, York was one of a group of seventeen soldiers assigned to infiltrate German lines and silence a machine gun position. After the American patrol had captured a large group of enemy soldiers, German small arms fire killed six Americans and wounded three. York was the highest ranking of those still able to fight, so he took charge. While his men guarded the prisoners, York attacked the machine gun position, killing several German soldiers with his rifle before running out of ammunition. Six German soldiers charged him with bayonets, and York drew his pistol and killed all of them. The German officer responsible for the machine gun position had emptied his pistol while firing at York but failed to hit him. This officer then offered to surrender and York accepted. York and his men marched back to their unit's command post with more than 130 prisoners. York was immediately promoted to sergeant and was awarded the ; an investigation resulted in the upgrading of the award to the Medal of Honor. York's feat made him a national hero and international celebrity among allied nations. When asked why he killed, his response was, " I killed to save lives. I will continue later...

Reactions: Just_Red