Regular
Kin
4💸
Kumi
-6💴
Trait Points
0⚔️
Rant time.

This type of audience seems weird to me.

Conservatives:
holding to traditional attitudes and values and cautious about change or innovation, typically in relation to politics or religion.

Or just people who hate change.

Why would there be conservative fans and what would they like?
Well, any anime that tries to restore order/ status quo would be one. I think a good example would be Bleach. The entire story revolves around preventing change.

What I think the confusion I see in this generation is that that think Anti-SJW is conservative. Also, they confuse anti-SJw with A-SJw (without).

I’m sure there are fans who are anti-gay, anti-minority representation, anti-gender norms. Maybe I’m wrong, but I think these fans are not paying attention to the actual show.

No matter what, art is political. Entertainment is political.

What I find sad is that the younger generation feels the same as the old generation. That stunts progress.

Lightbringer

Legendary
Kin
0💸
Kumi
0💴
Trait Points
0⚔️
I don't think it's odd to have conservative fans of anime. Conservatism has varying degrees and some people are more conservative on certain issues than others.

But what I do find odd and hypocritical are the conservatives who love Japanese culture, but then scream about how they want to keep European White Culture pure.

Reactions: DarkDarling

Yeah right

Regular
Kin
4💸
Kumi
-6💴
Trait Points
0⚔️
Entertainment should not be political, otherwise it's propaganda.
Give me one example that has no politics.

Oh wait. I found one.

You must be registered for see images

I don't think it's odd to have conservative fans of anime. Conservatism has varying degrees and some people are more conservative on certain issues than others.

But what I do find odd and hypocritical are the conservatives who love Japanese culture, but then scream about how they want to keep European White Culture pure.
You are right.

There are fiscal conservatives.
There are social conservatives my
There are trad-cons.
There are neo-conservatives
And there are a-political people who don’t want to be reminded of anything.

Last edited by a moderator:

HowDidIGetPrem

Elite
Kin
5,803💸
Kumi
1,192💴
Trait Points
0⚔️
Awards
Ehh, why would progressive people care for anime that constantly depict women as weak, men as chivalrous, rule by power, and power by genetics(meaning rule by race)? Whatever resolution the characters and story reaches doesn't have to align to how we think things should be.... just make sense and be entertaining.

Yeah right

Regular
Kin
4💸
Kumi
-6💴
Trait Points
0⚔️
Bobobo-bo Bobo-bo

You must be registered for see images
So being anti government

Displaying non strict social norms

Even if it’s for comedy, doesn’t make it less progressive.

I don’t watch this.

I could always go with, it’s japanese social imperialism trying to control our children. That was a 90s argument.

See, propaganda.

kimb

Veteran
Kin
67💸
Kumi
703💴
Trait Points
0⚔️
So being anti government

Displaying non strict social norms

Even if it’s for comedy, doesn’t make it less progressive.

I don’t watch this.

I could always go with, it’s japanese social imperialism trying to control our children. That was a 90s argument.

See, propaganda.
Forcefully placing a political lens over something doesn't make it inherently political. It's the difference between claiming Bobobo is inherently anti-government and Bobobo can be interpreted as being anti-government.

Social norms has nothing to do with politics, either. What you're appealing to are trends within political demographics. Liberals tend to go against societal norms, but that does not mean going against societal norms is inherently liberal.

Fountain

Elite
Kin
13💸
Kumi
0💴
Trait Points
0⚔️
Awards
If they like Japanese culture, shouldn't that tell you something? Or is it that difficult to imagine somebody who cares about his/her race, culture, traditions and country etc. not as a white supremacist but as someone who just appreciates differences and wants to preserve those differences. Something a lot of people don't care about.

You have latino communities, indian, black, asian, and so on. What is your problem with white people?

Michelle

Legendary
Kin
9,022💸
Kumi
3,787💴
Trait Points
0⚔️
I am watching anime for fun and reading manga especially for drawings. I sensed some guiding intentions for readers of various intensity from a manga to other but it doesn't bother me because other wanna be educative shows/movies are way worse.

Reactions: salamander uchiha

Pumpkin Ninja

Legendary
Kin
577💸
Kumi
2,186💴
Trait Points
0⚔️
Real talk. The moment I start to see any sort of political messages pop up my anime or manga, I'm done supporting the medium. It doesn't even matter if it agrees with my own political opinions.

Entertainment should be escapism.
Isn't Naruto kind of like "Hey, let's stop putting our countries ahead of others and sing Kumbaya together"? Feels political to me.

Michelle

Legendary
Kin
9,022💸
Kumi
3,787💴
Trait Points
0⚔️
Isn't Naruto kind of like "Hey, let's stop putting our countries ahead of others and sing Kumbaya together"? Feels political to me.
I agree with you, Naruto has some political hints. So has One Piece.
That doesn't mean noting. From Naruto the best advice were Kakashi's word to Naruto about eating vegetables. That was funnier than ever.
So anyone didn't read Naruto because of this piece of advice?
Or dropped Naruto or OP because of the political allusions?

Pumpkin Ninja

Legendary
Kin
577💸
Kumi
2,186💴
Trait Points
0⚔️
I agree with you, Naruto has some political hints. So has One Piece.
That doesn't mean noting. From Naruto the best advice were Kakashi's word to Naruto about eating vegetables. That was funnier than ever.
So anyone didn't read Naruto because of this piece of advice?
Or dropped Naruto or OP because of the political allusions?
I think people don't drop them maybe because the authors are smart about the politics. It's very subtle or illustrated in a way that all people, left or right can agree with when you think of it at a surface level but flies over the heads of many people because they don't truly introspect and reflect on the messages.

An example not exactly politically related would be how on Naruto Base, people would always debate about which character got more help in an attempt to smear them but the whole message Kishimoto tried to make was that alone we can't achieve much and we should be happy to push each other forward.

Reactions: Michelle