Android VR Headset - Worth The Purchase?

The Amazing Spider Man

Elite
Kin
0💸
Kumi
0💴
Trait Points
0⚔️
Greetings From Your Friendly Neighborhood Spider-Man!

You must be registered for see images

So I was thinking about trying out VR for the first time on mobile. Good headset with lenses are about 30 bucks and a regualr cardboard one is about 10. Thinking about just going the premium route but I just dont want another piece of plastic laying around if its not up to par. Anyone think VR is worth investing in at the moment? Or should I just wait for PlayStation VR?

-Excelsior!

patrickscott

Banned
Elite
Kin
0💸
Kumi
0💴
Trait Points
0⚔️
Whats so bad about mobile VR? Is is low quality? :lol
One does simply buy a headset months after it's release Peta, with great power comes great responsibility when buying shit. You must first watch reviews of it and read up on it, there might be bugs with the headset that can leave you atching a seizure beause the colors got crazy and oversaturated or some other terrble thingy.

DominiqueX

Veteran
Kin
0💸
Kumi
0💴
Trait Points
0⚔️
Awards
Mobile VR will be crap for a long time. Even PC-VR isn't great and will take some more years to develop, but the future will be great when people finally see the potential of it and tried it themselves.

Ryūjin

Supreme
Kin
0💸
Kumi
0💴
Trait Points
0⚔️
I think the idea of mobile VR is good, but it is pretty limited than the PC version Oculus. Specially the normal mobile VR, since it doesn't have a screen and uses your mobile phone as the screen, i've seen reviews about the GearVR used with the Note 4, and even though the screen is a Quad HD display, they could still easily spot pixels while in VR mode. so there's that. The fact that it kills your battery, raises the temperature of the phone substantially. They have a lot to improve in the field of mobile VR, and if you are thinking of getting one, then you shouldn't raise your expectations too high, but it is a pretty good experience for watching 3D content and playing VR games.