Kin
2,922💸
Kumi
14,033💴
Trait Points
0⚔️
Awards
RP style or normal? @Red-Robin
I'm open to either. I'm always happy to RP IC as it can be fun and quite engaging, but I can understand that it isn't always the most convenient way to relay information, especially in the context of training, making OOC more convenient, so I'm open to either option, or even a combination of both that we swap between as you deem it necessary.

Also, thank you very much for this opportunity. I don't believe we've had the chance to really meet yet, so I look forward to your tutelage and to hopefully get to know one another better through it. 🙏

El Alucard

Veteran
Kin
2,077💸
Kumi
779💴
Trait Points
0⚔️
Awards
I'm open to either. I'm always happy to RP IC as it can be fun and quite engaging, but I can understand that it isn't always the most convenient way to relay information, especially in the context of training, making OOC more convenient, so I'm open to either option, or even a combination of both that we swap between as you deem it necessary.

Also, thank you very much for this opportunity. I don't believe we've had the chance to really meet yet, so I look forward to your tutelage and to hopefully get to know one another better through it. 🙏
Seven once more ready to teach arrives late on the training field with Keleano.

"I'm sorry for being late, had to do some ninja stuff. Alright, anyways let's not waste any more time and begin as I always do. Tell me what is a summon to you? A tool? Perhaps a just someone or a trusted friend? Tell me how you feel towards your summon? Tell me why you want to learn the style and what you know about it."

Red-Robin

Regular
Kin
2,922💸
Kumi
14,033💴
Trait Points
0⚔️
Awards
Seven once more ready to teach arrives late on the training field with Keleano.

"I'm sorry for being late, had to do some ninja stuff. Alright, anyways let's not waste any more time and begin as I always do. Tell me what is a summon to you? A tool? Perhaps a just someone or a trusted friend? Tell me how you feel towards your summon? Tell me why you want to learn the style and what you know about it."
It had been several hour since Chise had received the otherwise unexpected notice from a local Ninja that she had only ever heard rumors of. Or rather, it was likely more accurate to say that she had heard rumors of the particularly unique martial art that this individual not only knew, but was in fact the master of it's discipline. The "Way of the Wild" as it was called; a style that capitalized on the relationship between the user and their animal companion, of which was of considerable interest to Chise herself, given the unique dynamic that she shared with her companion that even now stood beside her, idly passing his crimson eyes across the passing fluffs of white clouds in the sky, waiting with the patience of a statue.

Since she had arrived at the designated location that she had been asked to meet this individual, she couldn't help but find herself lost in a series of thoughts and curiosities. What type of person was this "Seven"? Of course she had the assurance of several members of her village that they were someone trustworthy and effective at what they do, but she couldn't help but feel a modicum of anxiousness. There was an inherent level of intimidation in coming face-to-face with someone that is so accomplished as to have their own fighting style; a legacy that was undeniable and nothing to snub a nose at, especially in the world of Shinobi.

No sooner that she had fallen into the passive bliss of holding within her own thoughts while expecting nothing from the passage of time in particular, Chise let out a soft sigh. "I wonder if they had something come up--" Abruptly, she heard the call of an unfamiliar voice behind her. "I'm sorry for being late." This voice caught Chise off-guard, causing her to yelp while simultaneously leaping forward half a foot before she whipped around to put eyes on who it was. She brought a hand to her chest, feeling the racing of her heart as she let out a heavy sigh of relief almost immediately after the fact once she heard the rest of the newcomer's introduction. Chise felt the heat rising to her cheeks as they spoke on, now recounting the embarrassing reaction she had only a moment ago, yet she thought it best to not pay too much attention to it, for her own sake. "o-Oh, uhm, you must be Seven. I just want to say that it's a pleasure, and I appreciate you offering me this opportunity." With that she offered a slight bow toward her new proctor, though one slight detail seemed to hang on her mind. He was.. so young. He seemed barely older than she was, if at all. Though that didn't necessarily pose much of a problem to her in and of itself; in fact, it was the exact opposite. To know that someone as young as she was had already seemingly accomplished so much, left her to think long and hard about her own progress, and what she needed to do to reach that same pinnacle.. But for now, there was a task at hand that demanded her attention, and she couldn't delay any longer.

After a moment to compose herself and her thoughts, Chise had given relatively casual thought to the questions that were posed to her. Slowly she turned her gaze toward Ruth, whom had remained seated upright only a few paces away from the pair of Shinobi, his gaze turning to meet hers
You must be registered for see images
almost as if magnetized to hers. Chise's expression seemed to soften, as if she found comfort and security in seeing the Grim nearby, as he always was. A tool? Hardly.. "Well, on a technical level, a summon is a contractual pact by blood made between a Shinobi and a mystical creature of some variety within this world. They can range from regular animals, such as dogs, cats, birds, even fish and reptiles, while others can reach into the supernatural and mythical in nature. They can be called upon by the signing Ninja, drawing upon the strengths of these beings to fight on their behalf and utilized to create a numerical, tactical advantage on the battlefield. To me, however, I think I have a slightly more personal perspective on it than all that, though." As she spoke, Chise left her gaze to rest upon Ruth, whom seemed to lift a furry brow across his own expression. It was clear that he already knew her thoughts on this subject, yet for some reason he still seemed rather curious to hear her speak of it each time. Almost like an element of mutuality existed, as though she spoke for his thoughts as well as her own on the subject. "Before I met Ruth, I was alone. I mean, of course I had my village and the members of it that supported me after I had found my way to them, and I am forever indebted to them for all they've done for me and continue to do for me. But.. I've always felt a level of disconnect between me and them; as though I hadn't quite earned my place there, or the right to depend on them the way that they allow me to. But Ruth, he saved my life. Both in a moment of peril where I was overwhelmed by an enemy I couldn't beat alone, and by saving me from myself, in a sense. He has been my friend, my guide, my partner as I learn and grow in this rather merciless world of Shinobi.." Suddenly, her eyes had snapped up as heat began to rise to the tops of her ears and a light rosiness began to cover her cheeks as she realized how she began to speak a little too personally on the subject. "a-Ah, but, uhm.. Yeah, Ruth and I are good friends and we work quite well together. That's about it.."

As she gave herself a moment to recover from her otherwise embarrassing scene of pouring her soul out, Chise decided to move onto focusing on the subject of the style itself as the questions surrounding it were posed to her. With a moment to collect her thoughts properly, she began to rehearse them verbally to the one posing the questions. "Well, as far as I've heard, the Way of the Wild is a unique fighting style that utilizes the contractual bond between a Shinobi and their contracted summon to effectively reinvent the bond that exists between them as a means to more or less merge their consciousness and create a unique tether between them that allows for the animal's characteristics to extend through the Shinobi on demand and be utilized in a variety of unique combative forms that borders on near polymorphic in nature. As far as my reasoning for wanting to learn the style, well, I suppose that's because I find myself fascinated by it's unique qualities more than anything, but also because I believe that Ruth and I already work together in a degree of tandem that borders on that connection as is, so I find myself curious to see how much further that could be taken. I hope that isn't too selfish of me to say, or that you don't take that as being disingenuous toward the discipline behind your fighting style."

Last edited:

El Alucard

Veteran
Kin
2,077💸
Kumi
779💴
Trait Points
0⚔️
Awards
Both Seven and Keleano stood in awe as the girl spoke. She perfectly explained the style, leagues better than Seven himself could ever hope to try, not only that but it seemed as though she felt the same about Ruth as he did for Keleano, not that he'd ever say it. He stood silently for a while just taking it all in.

Ahem!

R-right. I uhm ... yeah no that was absolutely brilliant. I think you're more than ready to begin. Oh before we begin, what type of creature is Ruth? Some form of hellhound? If so then ...

Seven quickly drew blood from his thumb and slammed his hand onto the ground summoning Phantom.
(Makairyouken Kuchiyose: Shishiza) Hell Hound Summoning: Phantom
Type: Summon
Range: Short
Chakra: 40
Damage: N/A
Description: Hell hounds essentially have three leaders. Two of them being the head over the lot overall, and one in charge of the pack. Phantom is considered the third leader. He is able to control the heat that the flame on his back produce. This is to mainly to accommodate his owner, or others he doesn't wish to harm. Though the flames can get really hot and intense, that the ground below his paws will melt. Phantom stands roughly six feet and five feet wide and speed is roughly twice the speed of jounin rank. He is able to speak proper English and have a very gruff voice but doesn't talk often. The special thing about phantom is his true mastery of fire, and fire sensing allowing him to increase his heat sensing by 1 additional landmark while not needing handseals to use fire jutsus that require handseals

Note: Can only stay on the field for a max of 4 turns
Note: The fire on its back can be as warm as a bonfire all the way to S rank heat/fire which upon contact can deal 3rd degree burns But it cost a move slot and has a one-turn cooldown to adjust the heat, but heat does not hurt the user

Ruth, meet Phantom, he'll be your training buddy. Whenever you're ready run to the furthest mountain, you'll do your training from there. As for Chise, she'll be staying here if that's ok with you. Don't worry she'll be safe, this is just how I choose to conduct my training. He said as if asking Ruth for permission.

Once the hounds left Seven would get into the lotus position and begin to speak.

Alright they seem to be far enough, let's start shall we? I would like you to get into the position which helps you concentrate most efficiently and channel you chakra focusing on you contractual connection, that can be through your tattoo. Likewise I would also like you to focus on the blood bond you have with Ruth and once you think you've got it, go deeper. Don't only try and mentally connect with him, tap into his senses, feel what he feels, see through his eyes, smell what he does, hear through his ears. Although you bodies may be separate think of yourselves as one being.

Once you've connected, I want you to tell me what you're experiencing. Don't forget to hold that connection.

Reactions: Ester

Red-Robin

Regular
Kin
2,922💸
Kumi
14,033💴
Trait Points
0⚔️
Awards
Both Seven and Keleano stood in awe as the girl spoke. She perfectly explained the style, leagues better than Seven himself could ever hope to try, not only that but it seemed as though she felt the same about Ruth as he did for Keleano, not that he'd ever say it. He stood silently for a while just taking it all in.

Ahem!

R-right. I uhm ... yeah no that was absolutely brilliant. I think you're more than ready to begin. Oh before we begin, what type of creature is Ruth? Some form of hellhound? If so then ...

Seven quickly drew blood from his thumb and slammed his hand onto the ground summoning Phantom.
(Makairyouken Kuchiyose: Shishiza) Hell Hound Summoning: Phantom
Type: Summon
Range: Short
Chakra: 40
Damage: N/A
Description: Hell hounds essentially have three leaders. Two of them being the head over the lot overall, and one in charge of the pack. Phantom is considered the third leader. He is able to control the heat that the flame on his back produce. This is to mainly to accommodate his owner, or others he doesn't wish to harm. Though the flames can get really hot and intense, that the ground below his paws will melt. Phantom stands roughly six feet and five feet wide and speed is roughly twice the speed of jounin rank. He is able to speak proper English and have a very gruff voice but doesn't talk often. The special thing about phantom is his true mastery of fire, and fire sensing allowing him to increase his heat sensing by 1 additional landmark while not needing handseals to use fire jutsus that require handseals

Note: Can only stay on the field for a max of 4 turns
Note: The fire on its back can be as warm as a bonfire all the way to S rank heat/fire which upon contact can deal 3rd degree burns But it cost a move slot and has a one-turn cooldown to adjust the heat, but heat does not hurt the user

Ruth, meet Phantom, he'll be your training buddy. Whenever you're ready run to the furthest mountain, you'll do your training from there. As for Chise, she'll be staying here if that's ok with you. Don't worry she'll be safe, this is just how I choose to conduct my training. He said as if asking Ruth for permission.

Once the hounds left Seven would get into the lotus position and begin to speak.

Alright they seem to be far enough, let's start shall we? I would like you to get into the position which helps you concentrate most efficiently and channel you chakra focusing on you contractual connection, that can be through your tattoo. Likewise I would also like you to focus on the blood bond you have with Ruth and once you think you've got it, go deeper. Don't only try and mentally connect with him, tap into his senses, feel what he feels, see through his eyes, smell what he does, hear through his ears. Although you bodies may be separate think of yourselves as one being.

Once you've connected, I want you to tell me what you're experiencing. Don't forget to hold that connection.
The longer Chise felt the lingering gaze of Seven set upon her after she had finished her explanation, the more squeamish she began to feel herself become. Her fingers lightly began to pluck and fiddle with the hem of her coat, her emerald eyes shifting awkwardly from side-to-side, hoping not to maintain eye contact longer than her composure could burden. Had she said something wrong, or perhaps odd all together? Yet as if on demand for the removal of her hovering anxiety, the tension was broken as Seven gave his positive feedback to her responses. A faint sigh of relief escaped Chise; her gaze shifting skyward a moment as she aimed to collect herself properly before returning her attention in front of her. This was going to be a lot more "intense" than she originally thought, and they hadn't even actually started training yet...

After having a moment to absorb and mildly process the affirmation she had received, Chise's focus landed on the question posed to her with regards to Ruth specifically. Good, something she can focus on again that wasn't her own embarrassment. "Oh, well.. not exactly. Ruth is a mythical creature similar to Hellhounds, but the properties of his kind are a bit different, both by way of origin and fundamentals. He's a Church Grim; a spectral canine that serves as keepers of the deceased and their resting places. Only recently did I discover them after quite a bit of study. If you'd like to have a look over the scroll, I keep it with me at all times, studying it's contents from time to time to see if I can find anything new about them." As she spoke, Chise steadily moved her hand with a reach into her cloak, whisking around momentarily before plucking forth the scroll she spoke of, albeit it seemed a touch less akin to the "original," given that it was in the form of a standardized print scroll that anyone could find and use for anything; so the contents were likely a copy of the original source material, where the original scroll was kept safely elsewhere. A precaution she had probably taken as a simple preventative measure.

Summoning Animal: Church Grim (Spectral Hound Church Guardian)
Scroll Owner: Red-Robin
Other Users who have signed contract: Howard & Mirai (2/3)
Summoning Boss if existing: N/A
Other Summoning Animals tied to contract: Ruth
Description and Background: The Church Grim is a guardian spirit commonly referred to in English and Scandinavian folklore. This mythical spirit typically oversees the welfare of a church, protecting the churchyard from those who would profane or commit sacrilege against it. The Scandinavian Church Grim is also known as the Kyrkogrim (Swedish) and Kirkegrim (Danish). It often appears as a large, spectral black dog with a variety of possible sizes, ranging anywhere from 1-2 meter in length (roughly 3-6 feet) and up to 2 meters in height (roughly 6 feet). Each Church Grim has a unique shape and form as well characteristics that are malleable to it's own will, generally dependent on the amount of Chakra at it's disposal and the rank of the particular summoning. All Grim have the means to manipulate the shape of their tail into a long, whip-like appendage that can extend up to approximately 5 meters (roughly 16 feet). This tail can function similarly to an actual whip and can be infused with Chakra by either the Grim (limited to Earth and Fire) or the user to apply unique effects to it (Fire Chakra causing the tail to ignite, Lightning Chakra causing the tail to spark, etc) while also making it resilient to harm from respective Chakras that scale with rank of the Church Grim, but also become susceptible to counter elements, respectively. Note that this does not apply directly to the main body of the Church Grim as the Chakra that results in such sustainability or susceptibility is solely concentrated in the tail of the Grim, limiting it's advantages/disadvantages to the tail only.

Church Grim also have a natural affinity to Earth Chakra (up to summoning rank +1), giving them the capacity to perform Jutsu without the need for handseals, utilizing their tail or mouth for most conjuring points of Jutsu. Their affinity to Earth is presumed to be given by the premise that a Church Grim is created through being buried alive in the earth beneath the foundation of a Church and thus becomes the spectral guardian known as a Church Grim. Church Grim have also been known to have the capacity to manipulate Fire Chakra as well (up to summoning rank), but lack the capacity to make proper use of both Chakra types at the same time, preventing them from being capable of using any advanced elements that would correlate between the two base elements (ie. Lava). Despite this, it isn't impossible for a Church Grim to use different Jutsu from both basic elements, leaving strategic formations between it and it's Summoner brimming with possibilities if used wisely.

Church Grim also have the capacity to perform Natural Abilities respective to the shape of a canine that they take. Biting (up to summoning rank damage), tackling and clawing strikes (up to C-rank damage) among a few examples, with the damage capability depending on the base rank of the summoned Grim, and each costing one of the user's three moves per turn. They can also be mounted by the user and utilized for movement purposes. Note that given the direct spiritual link that the Grim has with its Summoner, they are limited to speeds up to user's rank +2.
Though all Church Grim have the capacity to speak and even communicate telepathically with their summoner due to the spiritual link they share, only Church Grim of A-rank are capable of a unique process that allows them to take the shape of a humanoid being, generally relative to characteristics similar to the nature of their original form (ie. if the Grim seems to be a bit older, their fur might have grey patches or streaks, then they may also take the shape of an older person as well with similar characteristics, etc). While in this form, Church Grim are incapable of performing any Chakra-related techniques due to the need for constant concentrated Chakra pooled toward the process of maintaining this form, thus leaving it as a entirely a supplementary, cosmetic skill.

Finally, being guardians of places of religious significance, and beings that abhor sacrilegious acts, all Church Grim have a unique ability called "Resurgence Overrule". As Guardians of churches which are frequently associated with graveyards and cemeteries, Church Grim are naturally tasked with the duty of ensuring the eternal rest of those who have died and been laid in their burials. As such, Church Grim chase away grave robbers and any who would dare to disturb the dead. However, they are not always successful, resulting in the conjuring of Undead beings. Church Grim are capable of sensing the presence of restless souls that have been resurrected from their graves such as the Zombies, Edo Tensei, etc. When in the presence of these death-deprived beings, a Church Grim may activate Resurgence Overrule at the cost of one of the user's 3 Jutsu per turn to enforce an authority over the very existence of the Undead within their presence. This takes the form of a vengeful, bellowing howl that engulfs the surrounding field with an aura similar to Killing Intent, which reduces the defense of all Undead within their presence, causing them to take additional damage that scales relatively to their proximity to the Grim (Long Range: +10, Mid-Range: +20, Short-Range: +40 damage), which naturally increases all incoming damage directed at the Undead within the Grim's presence. Depending upon the rank of the Undead caught within the presence of the Grim's Overrule, weaker Undead targets will immediately falter, the very structure of their fragile shells that their restless spirits are trapped within crumbling, returning them to the Earth without the need for any physical engagement. In stronger, or generally more resilient targets like Edo Tensei, their overall capabilities are affected, causing their base movement to be halved, and the damage of their techniques to be reduced by 1 Rank, or -20, which count as an active debuff.

"Through a bit of trial and error, Ruth and I have become closely tied together and he has become my personal summon; primarily through his own insistence, more or less." As she spoke, Ruth had made his approach casually up beside her, standing perfectly parallel to Chise herself as Seven had begun to address him directly, introducing his Hellhound and commenting on the proceedings to follow as intended for the training itself. Ruth turned his ruby irises up toward Chise, though in less of a searching manner and more an affirming one of his own. "That won't be an issue for me. She and I share a bond, and I trust in that just fine." After his vote of confidence, Chise nodded in confirmation to reflect that they shared their thoughts on the matter, of which served as Ruth's signal to steadily move away and begin walking off with the Hellhound, of course only after offering a "Good luck" toward Chise before departing.

Meanwhile, Chise stood silently as she watched Ruth shuffle away into the distance. Though she didn't disagree with what Ruth had said, in fact she believed just as strongly as he did in the bond they shared, but there was still something mildly disheartening to watch her companion disappear from sight. It was no exaggeration to say that she and Ruth have been together rather consistently since they first met. Before she knew it, there was a clear degree of dependency that she had developed on his presence. Likely not a dependency that was rooted in her own capabilities, but rather an emotional support that she felt through his presence; a calm that she couldn't seem to find anywhere else, with anyone else.. Taking a slow, steady breath, she resolved within herself that this needed to happen. She needed to show that she could handle this much, otherwise what hope did she have as a Shinobi?

Chise began to listen intently to the instruction being provided to her. She watched as Seven had assumed a meditative position, of which she slowly settled into one of her own; coming to a restful kneeling position, her palms resting lightly on her thighs as she made sure to maintain a straight, comfortable posture. She was supposed to connect with Ruth, yet that connection, ironically already existed; at least in it's most basic of forms. One of the unique functions of the Church Grim is that they are able to formulate a bond with their summoner on a spiritual level; their minds creating a pathway between one another that allows for shared thought and emotion. Whatever Ruth thought and felt, Chise could sense, and vise versa. This was of course the bond that Ruth had spoke of earlier, or at least part of it. Though this fundamental connection already existed between them, she thought that it wouldn't do any harm to explore it anyway as Seven was encouraging her to do. After all, it was refreshing to know someone was there, even when she couldn't see them physically..

Steadily, Chise began to focus intently within herself. Her emerald eyes didn't seem to shut all the way; rather they had simply shuttered softly in a half-closed state, leaving her still aware of her surroundings, yet clearly in a focused state behind her eyes. Suddenly, she could feel herself drifting within the blackness of her thoughts. It was a familiar environment, one that she visited quite often; sometimes when she didn't want to.. A light fog dampened the air of her mind, her feet treading softly across what looked like a surface of blackened water that she could not see through, only the reflection of it's surface, casting her own gaze back at her any time she'd look down. It would distort only when she would try to move, much like you would expect a surface of water to do; sending soft ripples in every direction, yet it would always roll off into the black, endless horizon. It was as if she were standing within a spotlight that had no source, yet only illuminated where she stood and nowhere else. Despite the rather quiet and bleak visualization of her thoughts, one particular oddity stood out in the dark borders of her mind. What seemed to be dozens, if not hundreds of prying eyes and appendages seemed to whip about like wisps, none ever trying to enter the spotlight, yet all of them clearly fighting for dominance, trying to reach even an inch closer to her, threatening to breach the "line in the sand." Chise only kept her eyes down, not wanting to pay any attention to the rolling sounds of muffled, illegible whispers and hisses. For a moment, she felt like she was a child again.. wanting to curl up, make herself as small as possible and cover her ears in hopes that nothing would reach her, so long as she didn't acknowledge it. Out of sight, out of mind.. right?

Just as she began to feel herself wanting to leave before she could even remember why she was there in the first place, a familiar warmth suddenly enveloped her. A long, black tail slowly coiled around her position, encompassing her almost like a blanket as a black canine figure steadily pawed closer to her from the sidelines as the source of the tail. In an instant, the spotlight surrounding her had pushed outward, revealing a much larger space that originally wasn't there before, hidden behind the blackness. In that same instant, the whispers had vanished; the prying eyes and appendages that were trying so desperately to slither out from their dark corners had been shoved much further away until it wasn't even possible to see them from where she stood, unless she tried desperately to do so. The vibrant, emerald hue of her eyes settled gently upon the familiar Grim in front of her, a gentle smile gracing her lips. "
I only just left. Is everything alright? Do you want me to come back?" His voice was gentle and calm, echoing lightly throughout Chise's mind. There was no judgement in his voice; no mockery in the fact that she was already reaching out to him as he had pointed out, but rather simple, honest intent. It was clear that he would return without hesitation; without question, if she asked him to. He knew her thoughts better than anyone, possibly better than even she did. He knew the "demons" she fought, so as far as he could see it, there was never a reason to refuse. After a brief moment of silence that loomed after his inquiry, Chise offered a slight shake of her head toward him. "No, it's alright. This is actually part of the training, believe it or not.. Seven wants us to try and form a bond through our contract and through our shared blood. I'm not sure he knows that we can already do this much, but he mentioned something about sharing not just our thoughts, but our senses as well." Ruth had lightly tilted his head sideward as he brought himself to a seated position in front of her as he began to pass his own gaze around the environment they shared within her mind. "Alright, consider my interest piqued. So how do we do that?" With a soft shrug, Chise moved to scratch lightly at the side of her jaw, perplexed. "Well, I'm not entirely sure either. He more or less basically said for us to just.. do it, I guess. He mentioned something about thinking of ourselves as "one being," rather than separate. Maybe that's our starting line?" Ruth had merely nodded; it was as good a starting line as any, given what they had to work with.

For a moment, both parties had steadily fallen into a lull of silence between them. Yet even though no words were spoken, it was clear that an exchange was being made. The coldness across the tips of Chise's fingers seemed to cause her to lightly pull her digits inward toward her palms.
She could feel.. the soft brush of grass, met with the occasional prick of an overturned stone here or there. The gentle brush of a chilly breeze that would roll rustle the nearby leaves and the branches they grew upon. Even the faint smell of.. something, possibly a flower, or herb of some sort..? She couldn't quite pin what it was, yet she knew it was so familiar that it practically annoyed her that she didn't know what it was. If only she could see what-- Before she could finish her thought, Ruth's tail had slowly coiled upward, wrapping lightly around the boundaries of her eyes, almost like a blindfold. The soft fur of the spectral hound's tail tickled lightly at her nose and cheeks, yet she did not try to resist or pull away from it. A part of her knew what he was trying to do, likely the part that she currently felt reaching outwardly toward Ruth; a part that she could feel him latching onto willingly, carefully pulling it closer and closer to himself. Slowly she could feel her eyes gently pulling open, yet the felt.. different. Suddenly, it was right in front of her. "Jasmines.." She hummed gently to herself, the word echoing through her mind, but also escaping her lips outside of her thoughts, being spoken for Seven to hear as well. The name of the flower that she had smelled but couldn't quite remember. The flower's scent was most potent after dark; a "late bloomer" so to speak, so of course it's scent wasn't exactly strong enough to stir any obvious memory of the name at the current afternoon hour. Before she had much more time to stare at the one pair of blooming flowers in front of her current vision, she felt the gaze lift and move against her will. Her stomach turned slightly as a brief episode of motion sickness overcame her, given that she wasn't expecting the shift, yet she quickly found her bearings again once she realized what was happening. She could see the Hellhound known as Phantom not far off to the side of her current vision, and surrounding them, a field of Jasmine flowers that were all blooming in dense clusters, scattered across a lightly snow-dusted mountain side. It hadn't been very long since they left, and already they seemed to approach the base of the mountain that they had been sent away to. "
Pretty, isn't it? Scenes like this are rare to find this time of year." Ruth stated calmly, speaking aloud as if to no one in particular, yet he knew that Chise could hear and see what he did at that moment. Chise offered a soft nod, of which she did for Seven to see as well. "It's quite cold the closer you get to the mountains.. But I am glad I got to see this. I always thought Jasmine was so pretty.. I'm surprised they are still in bloom right now. I wonder why that is around here.." Chise spoke allowed, as means to somewhat describe the scene she was seeing as Seven had asked her to do once she had the connection made. And while she was instructed to do so, she had no intentions of coming out of the visual willingly. It was calming, and quite enjoyable to see life through the perspective of another, especially of someone she trusted. For now, she'd find comfort in this newfound bond, at least until Seven would offer further instruction on what they were supposed to do next.

El Alucard

Veteran
Kin
2,077💸
Kumi
779💴
Trait Points
0⚔️
Awards
Pretty, isn't it? Scenes like this are rare to find this time of year.

Not many flowers in hell so I suppose you're not wrong. Nice to smell and see something other than burning flesh and tortured souls. Phantom said nonchalantly, not aware Ruth was addressing Chise.

Although he seemed composed, Phantom's tail wagged ever so slightly. In truth he was excited to see another hound from the Nether, somewhat. Normally he didn't speak much either but, he had quite a few questions for Ruth. Not wanting to seem uncool, he simply kept it short.

So, you're kind of like a reaper huh?

Meanwhile on the training grounds Seven could feel Phantoms excitement and simply let out a slight chuckle. It was very rare to see him like this, mostly he'd only ever seen Phantom in a grumpy "Existence means nothing" type mood. Seven would once more turn his attention towards Chise as he begins to speak.

Alright then! You've just learned the first form! Incredible stuff, let's move on. Beast Switch allows you to perform any taijutsu you know, where the actual strike will be swapped with your summons limb, in perfect juxtaposition. You'd need to focus on summoning and reverse summoning simultaneously making a single cutoff point, mid-extension, where the swap between you and your summon will occur. I'll demonstrate.

Walking over to a nearby boulder Seven would swing a left hook at it, simultaneously Phantom would, swipe his front left leg in a similar motion. The two would switch hand and paw, the cutoff point being Sevens forearm. This switch was immediate and allowed Seven to easily leave scorched scratch marks on the rock. His arm would return back to normal as soon as the motion was completed.

Now you give it a try. If there are any questions feel free to ask.