[Discussion] Am I the only one wondering why Lucy didn't use her Scorpio dress?

AmitDS

Kin
4💸
Kumi
3💴
Trait Points
0⚔️
I just thought that it would have made more sense to have her use sand magic and summon scoprio, a sand magic user, to combat another sand magic users. Ajeel is strong but I am sure Lucy (and Scorpio) could have collapsed the monsters or something. Oh well, maybe she'll use it in this fight while they try to escape.

milkydean

Regular
Kin
0💸
Kumi
0💴
Trait Points
0⚔️
azir would have overpowered lucy in sand magic though
and azir created multiple sand creatures so bow and arrow was the right choice

Xāvî1

Supreme
Kin
0💸
Kumi
2,500💴
Trait Points
0⚔️
Awards
Scorpios sand is no use against Ajeels Powerful sand. When two tech of the same type collide, the one which is more powerful wins, So i would say she made the right choice.

Caliburn

Supreme
Kin
2,805💸
Kumi
525💴
Trait Points
0⚔️
Countering sand magic with sand magic? Very bad idea as then it will come down to the one who has the most power. Using Scorpio would probably have been one of the worst options as there's no doubt Scorpio is a few levels below Azeal. In the case you have forgotten but Max, the guy who always has a broom shoved up his backdoor, also uses sand magic just to point out that the nature of the magic isn't that special, but the scale and power Azeal uses it on is simply overwhelming. Using Scorpio against that would be like trying to stop an avalanche with a snowball.

Naruto 142

Regular
Kin
0💸
Kumi
0💴
Trait Points
0⚔️
NO ... she couldn't just escape all by herself, could she? and she had to target those flying monsters, Sagittarius was the best choice imo

AmitDS

Kin
4💸
Kumi
3💴
Trait Points
0⚔️
The multiple targets came after she used the Sagittarius dress so while it was appropriate she didn't use that dress because she saw many monsters. Also I never said or implied that Scorpio and Lucy with his dress would be able to match or beat Ajeel. I meant that since they both use sand magic they should be able to offset SOME of his attacks. I actually think that this could be used to facilitate their escape next chapter. I do believe that the Sagittarius dress served its purpose well given the challenged they faced but my point was that before, when she was ready to transform one would have thought that the Scorpio dress would have been her first choice. Using the same magic as someone stronger many not mean that she could match him but in a team scenario is could be helpful to interfere with attacks.

Cosmicstars

Kin
0💸
Kumi
0💴
Trait Points
0⚔️
Sagittarius was good for numbers and distance which is why that dress was used. They were running away while trying to fight in which case Lucy would have needed to be able to attack from a distance while moving.

As far as people saying Lucy with Scorpio stardress wouldn't have been able to compete with Azir I have to disagree given feats shown. The sand Golem caused less area damage then Lucy whip in Taurus Form, and Lucy Sagittarius arrows overpowered Azir sand monsters. Which is saying that by feats he isn't above Lucy not to say he can't defeat her, just that I believe that Scorpio Stardress combined with Scorpio would be enough to be able to go toe to toe with Azir in sand magic. For now atleast. He would have to show something more powerful then what he showed in chapter 446 before I can with a clear mind say Lucy couldn't compete with Azir in her Scorpio form.

milkydean

Regular
Kin
0💸
Kumi
0💴
Trait Points
0⚔️
Sagittarius was good for numbers and distance which is why that dress was used. They were running away while trying to fight in which case Lucy would have needed to be able to attack from a distance while moving.

As far as people saying Lucy with Scorpio stardress wouldn't have been able to compete with Azir I have to disagree given feats shown. The sand Golem caused less area damage then Lucy whip in Taurus Form, and Lucy Sagittarius arrows overpowered Azir sand monsters. Which is saying that by feats he isn't above Lucy not to say he can't defeat her, just that I believe that Scorpio Stardress combined with Scorpio would be enough to be able to go toe to toe with Azir in sand magic. For now atleast. He would have to show something more powerful then what he showed in chapter 446 before I can with a clear mind say Lucy couldn't compete with Azir in her Scorpio form.
area damage is not what power is based on though
also the sand monster that gray froze was bigger than lucy's whip attack
lucy also had gray's help to completely wipe out the monsters , azir's sand is in every way> lucy or scorpio

Cosmicstars

Kin
0💸
Kumi
0💴
Trait Points
0⚔️
area damage is not what power is based on though
also the sand monster that gray froze was bigger than lucy's whip attack
lucy also had gray's help to completely wipe out the monsters , azir's sand is in every way> lucy or scorpio
Area damage plays a huge part in deciding someone's power level. Taurus Star dress Lucy caused way more damage then Azir Golem did with his punches thus meaning the sand strength was not strong as Lucy's whip. Because if we talk about size then the amount of sand Azir controlled pals in comparison to the amount of water Aquarius possessed in episode 1. So does that mean Lucy since episode 1 has been more powerful then Azir? No it doesn't because it didn't cause as much damage as the golem did. Thus damage output is huge when comparing two characters. After damage you look at size of the attack . Thus Lucy still outclasses Azir in both of this areas. Lucy's whip caused more damage with a wider radius. Even though Lucy is smaller she still managed the caused three times the damage Azir Golem did.

Sherry's wood doll was twice the size of Taurus yet he sliced it in half with a second. So size of the attacker doesn't mean more power. As far as the arrows are concerned they still outclassed Azir sand monsters. Lucy's arrows overpowered the sand making it explode. Azir created new ones and Lucy fired more arrows. The power of the sand monster was weaker then the power of Lucy's arrows thus why when both collided the sand was the one vaporized. Thus it isn't hard to come to the conclusion that he isn't superior to Lucy.

If Lucy's whip and The Golem collided in strength who would the victor? Given feats Lucy whip would come out unharmed. More then likely the sand would simply displace due to the impact of the whip. Same goes for Lucy arrows.

Maybe he does or doesn't have more to offer but as it stands no he isn't superior to Lucy.

Xāvî1

Supreme
Kin
0💸
Kumi
2,500💴
Trait Points
0⚔️
Awards
Countering sand magic with sand magic? Very bad idea as then it will come down to the one who has the most power. Using Scorpio would probably have been one of the worst options as there's no doubt Scorpio is a few levels below Azeal. In the case you have forgotten but Max, the guy who always has a broom shoved up his backdoor, also uses sand magic just to point out that the nature of the magic isn't that special, but the scale and power Azeal uses it on is simply overwhelming. Using Scorpio against that would be like trying to stop an avalanche with a snowball.
As expected of the lead RP'er. That explanation tho.

trying to stop an avalanche with a snowball.
:lmao: but i agree.

milkydean

Regular
Kin
0💸
Kumi
0💴
Trait Points
0⚔️
Area damage plays a huge part in deciding someone's power level. Taurus Star dress Lucy caused way more damage then Azir Golem did with his punches thus meaning the sand strength was not strong as Lucy's whip. Because if we talk about size then the amount of sand Azir controlled pals in comparison to the amount of water Aquarius possessed in episode 1. So does that mean Lucy since episode 1 has been more powerful then Azir? No it doesn't because it didn't cause as much damage as the golem did. Thus damage output is huge when comparing two characters. After damage you look at size of the attack . Thus Lucy still outclasses Azir in both of this areas. Lucy's whip caused more damage with a wider radius. Even though Lucy is smaller she still managed the caused three times the damage Azir Golem did.

Sherry's wood doll was twice the size of Taurus yet he sliced it in half with a second. So size of the attacker doesn't mean more power. As far as the arrows are concerned they still outclassed Azir sand monsters. Lucy's arrows overpowered the sand making it explode. Azir created new ones and Lucy fired more arrows. The power of the sand monster was weaker then the power of Lucy's arrows thus why when both collided the sand was the one vaporized. Thus it isn't hard to come to the conclusion that he isn't superior to Lucy.

If Lucy's whip and The Golem collided in strength who would the victor? Given feats Lucy whip would come out unharmed. More then likely the sand would simply displace due to the impact of the whip. Same goes for Lucy arrows.

Maybe he does or doesn't have more to offer but as it stands no he isn't superior to Lucy.
Well i did said that damage area does not judge power of a character
ikatsunagi has more area damage than acno, but still natsu one shotted it
also arent you contradicting yourself? you said area damage does not equal power, but then you start saying azir's sand attack was smaller than lucy's tauras whip shots. What do you mean when you say lucy's arrows outclasses azir's sand? both lucy's arrow and sand monsters were destroyed, so they were equal, also like i said gray destroyed some of the monsters himself

And gray being able to stop the big monster does not mean lucy can , gray's devil form insta freeze> lucy's almost all attack except maybe urano metria

In the same panel ,you will notice that lucy cant even react to azir vanishing
its after makarov said them ,they noticed, and last but not the least

this would have ended lucy effectively

natsu had to save everybody out of the pit

All these scans show that azir>>lucy, if they were to fight without anyone present there to interrupt, and no vehicle , azir will defeat her effectively