Regular
Kin
0💸
Kumi
0💴
Trait Points
0⚔️
My suggestion is this: ban all alternate account

i mean what is the need for an alternate account ....all it causes is trolls and flaming
we could see like dozens of new account with less than 10 post trolling and flaming almost everyday

so if the staff ban all alternate account and prohibit more than one account for a single IP it would reduce trolls,flaming and spam in the base

just out of curiosity what is the actual number of members in the site .....without considering all the alt account
so if we restrict to one account to one member how many members will be in narutobase???

-S-

Immortal
Kin
0💸
Kumi
0💴
Trait Points
0⚔️
That's not a bad idea, except it's too late to implement such an idea. Maybe four years ago it would have been.

But many members have alternate accounts. How would you sort out those? You would need to contact each member and ask for which account they'd rather have. It's just not possible anymore.

Anakin Skywalker

Regular
Kin
0💸
Kumi
0💴
Trait Points
0⚔️
That's not a bad idea, except it's too late to implement such an idea. Maybe four years ago it would have been.

But many members have alternate accounts. How would you sort out those? You would need to contact each member and ask for which account they'd rather have. It's just not possible anymore.
yes its very difficult i understand that ....esp when all the accounts are active and has vm/pm images etc but its for the betterment of NB in a long time

about which account to keep ....let the mods delete other alts account created after the first one .....so the account created first will stay and others deleted,....unless someone has a valid reason to choose a particular account apart from the first account(like he has RP bio etc)

-S-

Immortal
Kin
0💸
Kumi
0💴
Trait Points
0⚔️
yes its very difficult i understand that but ....esp when all the accounts are active and has vm/pm images etc

about which account to keep ....let the mods delete other alts account created after the first one .....so the account created first will stay and others deleted,....unless someone has a valid reason to choose a particular account apart from the first account(like he has RP bio etc)
That wouldn't be a sensible choice by the staff...

OPB currently bans alt accounts, and they can manage it because they have such little members at the moment compared to NB.

Anakin Skywalker

Regular
Kin
0💸
Kumi
0💴
Trait Points
0⚔️
hey my brother has NB account and he uses my laptop .......so whose account will be deleted? mine or my bro's?
seriously??

This would take more time, than just click the ban button on someone who trolls
lol..ya but handling/banning troll accounts every single day for as long as manga comes is a annoying thing isn't it
outright banning the creation of such alternate account is like a permanent solution

That wouldn't be a sensible choice by the staff...

OPB currently bans alt accounts, and they can manage it because they have such little members at the moment compared to NB.
ya some 2000 members and never seen 500+ online at the same time
but look how clean it is atleast better compared to the amount of troll threads in here

Last edited:

Katkot

Veteran
Kin
0💸
Kumi
0💴
Trait Points
0⚔️
that's wrong bro :flaw:
some family have 5 brothers & this family only have 1 computer and they all are members in NB so is that mean the mods will ban the 4 brothers because they log on at same computer ?? ..

i agree who break rule should banned but don't ban others because of him

Salad

Elite
Kin
4💸
Kumi
0💴
Trait Points
0⚔️
Awards
Seems good at first but as specified above it simply won't work and this would also increase the workload on the g-mods and admins by quite a bit...

Merita

Veteran
Kin
0💸
Kumi
0💴
Trait Points
0⚔️
dont we have some password recovery option ..... i'm sure every forum/site has one

these are highly unlikely cases bro... it'll be just used as an excuse for creating alternate accounts
Even highly unlikely, it can still happen. Then people will be banned from NB unfairly :shrug:

Sublime

<div class="bbWrapper">I like this idea and support it, even if it takes time, it will be a great clean up of the forums. I suggest only mods should be allowed to have an alt so they can still browse around the forums in peace and share their opinions etc without the restricting tag of the 'moderator' and all of the other alts should be deleted.<br /> Also I recommend a general activity check for all the users. For example, send out emails to everyone registered with some kind of activation code/link , if the user doesnt click the link in a deadline (a month or two) consider them inactive and delete their accounts.<br /> <br /> A lot of usernames will be released and a lot of space too. However, I can see a flaw in my suggestion which is that probably threads will be deleted along with old inactive users too, if there is any way to save the threads then I still recomend to dispose of the dead and alternative accounts.</div>

Caliburn

Supreme
Kin
2,805💸
Kumi
525💴
Trait Points
0⚔️
That's impossible on all levels. For starters barely any user is bound to a single IP, most members use quit a few, whether they are conscious of it or not. Secondly people can get the same IP by going on the same computers and such. Thirdly it's not going to stop any kind of spamming or flaming as those trolls use proxies and dynamic IP's. If they would actually so stupid to use always the same IP, IP banning then once would be enough to get rid of them. Lastly it really is not even a correct comparison with OPB. They don't have much trolls simply because they have way less members. That really has nothing much to do with alt accounts or not. When NB had as much members as they have now, we didn't have much trolls either and that was with the possibility to make alt accounts.

Status
Not open for further replies.