Jinrou

Legendary
Kin
0💸
Kumi
-6💴
Trait Points
0⚔️
I watch a lot of documentaries and have come across episodes on these two topics multiple times. The accounts some people who claim to have had experiences with either have just been intriguing to watch and read... although tbh, some just seem too good to be true.

So, i really just wanted to know if anyone here has had encounters or know someone personally who has had encounters with either. If so, can you tell of the experience?

Jinrou

Legendary
Kin
0💸
Kumi
-6💴
Trait Points
0⚔️
There are no ghosts, since souls don't exist in the concept you have been taught (originally by Catholic Church).
I don't understand. I'm actually a christian (just changed from one of the Pentecostal churches to Anglican though) as well and i know the term spirits have been touched on in the bible. The catholics don't believe in spirits?

Aliens are watching us. I already saw strange lights in the sky.
Strange lights could be anything that can be explained tbh.. And i actually believe Aliens to be a more likely a existence than ghosts but its just that i think i've asked this question like three times on NB which is a diverse forum having visitors from many different countries and not one person has replied with an experience that rivals those i see in documentaries. I mean what are the odds in that xD

UCHIHAKUNOICHI

Veteran
Kin
324💸
Kumi
201💴
Trait Points
0⚔️
I don't understand. I'm actually a christian (just changed from one of the Pentecostal churches to Anglican though) as well and i know the term spirits have been touched on in the bible. The catholics don't believe in spirits?
No. The Catholic Church integrated pagan belief in immortal souls. And you should be worried about what the Bible teaches. Not an institution.

The Bible never teaches that when someone dies, another part of him/her continues on living.

When the Bible quotes SPIRIT, it only refers to Angels, the Holy Spirit (God's Power), and someone's state of mind or lives.
When the Bible quotes SOUL, it only refers to people, animals or their very own lives.

In resume you ARE a soul, you don't HAVE a soul.

You can see it here:

Truly my soul finds rest in God;my salvation comes from him. (Psalm 62:1)

and that you be renewed in the spirit of your mind, (Ephesians 4:23)

I dare you to come with something different I told you.

Actually, this thing about immortal souls in humans, make us believe we can talk to dead people. When, in reality, we'd be talking to demons.

soretynha

Kin
10💸
Kumi
32💴
Trait Points
0⚔️

Strange lights could be anything that can be explained tbh.. And i actually believe Aliens to be a more likely a existence than ghosts but its just that i think i've asked this question like three times on NB which is a diverse forum having visitors from many different countries and not one person has replied with an experience that rivals those i see in documentaries. I mean what are the odds in that xD
Wait a minute let me play the 'wide-universe' card xd.

Take a look at this:

You must be registered for see images

In our observable universe there are about 200 billion galaxies, and if we count the amount we can't see, at the very least, there are 2 trillions galaxies (and how many universes, maybe?). Each one of these galaxies contains billions of stars. We are not alone, my friend.

About the lights I saw, it was definetely a UFO. It remained static and then it moved vertically and horizontally, I spent hours looking at that and it couldn't be a helicopter or a plane as we know it. I don't know if it was some aliens flying around but it was definetely a UFO.

On the same day I saw a triangular shaped plane with 3 red lights on it. This one was a secret plane named TR-3 Black Manta. This thing is scary, believe me it flew really near to my house and it made absolutely no noise.

Anyway, whenever I say this on the internet people tend to say this is bs, and we're on a anime forum, so, whatever lol.

salamander uchiha

Legendary
Kin
9,043💸
Kumi
6,082💴
Trait Points
0⚔️
UFO doesn't mean extra terrestrial flying object, it could be new military hardware or experimental technology. Do you think the militaries disclose everything they try and test.

As for ghosts I don't believe in ghosts unless you're referring to demons/jinn/genies(good or bad). I do believe in the soul but it interacting with a person won't be possible like it would with a demon. Can a person ever perceive the plane of purgatory is another question? Paul though he was communicating with the holy ghost/soul and introduced divinity of Jesus, the trinity and idolatry into Christianity, removing from it it's monotheistic roots. If he did communicate with something then it was definitely a wicked demon nothing else.

Last edited:

Uverdore9

Elite
Kin
808💸
Kumi
400💴
Trait Points
0⚔️
Awards
Ghosts probably exist. Ancient civilizations had tales of ghosts as a primary and crucial part of thier culture and tradition. Also personally think I've seen a ghost once...

Narushima

Kin
0💸
Kumi
0💴
Trait Points
0⚔️
I’m currently doing my psychiatry rotation and have lost count of the psychotic patients who are able to recount in extraordinary vivid detail their experiences with the FBI, murderous neighbours, ghosts, demons and aliens.

It is characteristic of psychosis that the individual does not have insight into their delusions and so they genuinely believe that, for example, a demon is haunting them. Many of them are unfortunate enough to develop hallucinations as well – generally these are auditory, they can hear the demon speaking to them, but sometimes they can be tactile or visual.

We know that these individuals are psychotic because, aside from the other symptoms and signs on a background of identifiable risk factors that they present with, most of them respond to antipsychotic medication. When they respond they gain insight and become conscious that what they experienced was not real.

Or perhaps ghosts and aliens choose to leave people alone once they start taking clozapine.

Of course psychosis is hardly limited to schizophrenics. A wide variety of conditions can precipitate a psychotic episode from an infection to electrolyte imbalances to depression to delirium to trauma to marijuana (an increasingly common cause of psychosis these days).
Post automatically merged:

Reactions: Rei

Marin

Veteran
Kin
306💸
Kumi
2,001💴
Trait Points
0⚔️
Awards
I believe there is alien life somewhere out there but I don't think we're ever going to find any that's as advanced as we are. People like to talk about how enormous the universe is and how life had to have occurred somewhere else but fail to realize that same enormousness along with the age of the universe and our relative youth makes it highly unlikely we'll stumble onto it. Huge alien civilizations could have existed before we came to be, they could have even visited back when Earth was still forming, they could arrive only after we're extinct and so many other possible scenarios.

Life seems to be a very rare occurrence and I'm not sure if we'll ever be able to leave our little pocket of the universe to see if there's anything outside it.

I don't buy the UFO stories though. You'd think that if aliens actually visited us we'd have more evidence than just a few testimonies here and there from rather dubious sources.

As for ghosts, I believe in God, afterlife and the soul but I'm still skeptical of many claims to supernatural experiences.

Catholic here, yes we believe in spirits/souls as all mainstream Christian denominations do.

I don't believe in the supernatural so no, I've no experience with either of them.
Well, technically aliens aren't supernatural.