Drizzy

Legendary
Kin
4💸
Kumi
3💴
Trait Points
0⚔️
I've seen some good reviews about this series and decided to give it a try. The animation quality seemed appealing so I decided to watch it, then continue with the manga. I completed all 23 episodes, and It's satisfactory so far. My only issues would be that main supporting characters are killed too often, and some fighting scenes that could have been intense (for example, like the ones in Attack on Titan) are joked out (despite all that gore it just didn't seem to have much of an impact). Anyways, since finishing the anime I checked the latest manga chapter, and this was where I got confused. I read the entire chapter, apparently the anime is caught up to the manga, and actually passed it.. weird. But what I also noticed that the anime is almost completely different. Most of the events that took place in the anime isn't what actually happened in the manga, I feel deceived. The most puzzling part to it is that the anime seems to have passed the manga, I'm beginning to wonder if the anime has mostly made-up scenes. Is that fight with the emperor in the anime suppose to happen? Is Tatsumi suppose to die? Some clarification would be great.

Limbo

Banned
Elite
Kin
0💸
Kumi
0💴
Trait Points
0⚔️
The anime decided to make it's own ending since the Akame Ga kill manga wouldn't finish because the anime only has 25 episodes,.

GenKiDama

Banned
Elite
Kin
0💸
Kumi
0💴
Trait Points
0⚔️
for memory, up until and including episode 17 where mine fought seryuu, was canon.
(sorta i think the esdeath vs nightraid fight was supposed to happen, susanoo died in this fight but only showed najenda taunting esdeath from shadows)

everything afterwards is filler, they cut and paste stuff that happened in the manga but completely changed the context of it for a anime only ending.

some things i can remember:

-Susanoo died fighting esdeath in the church, but instead dies rescuing tatsumi
-Mine is not dead
-Tatsumi is not dead
-Ran is Dead
-wildhunt doesn't exist in the animee
-Lubbock died very differently in the manga
-the empires teigu is not shown in the manga
-Teleporter guy cannot spam his ability like he showed in the anime, also his death was different, but still. caused by lubbock
-Budou is around esdeath level and not some fodder

Last edited:
Reactions: Drizzy

V h o

Legendary
Kin
0💸
Kumi
0💴
Trait Points
0⚔️
Yes the anime is going away from the manga. Not sure if the manga will follow the anime's path, however the anime has been going off ever since before Boulot(?)'s fight result...Although the manga does try to tie the knots back, however its last "adaptation" is a little too much.

Ja maya

Veteran
Kin
0💸
Kumi
0💴
Trait Points
0⚔️
Awards
Its studio pierrot, they cut and added scenes. They didn't have time or money. I know they cut out a lot so disregard the anime.

Reactions: Xlad

Drizzy

Legendary
Kin
4💸
Kumi
3💴
Trait Points
0⚔️
Well that's a disappointment. Guess I'll have to read the manga from the beginning now. :|

for memory, up until and including episode 17 where mine fought seryuu, was canon.
(sorta i think the esdeath vs nightraid fight was supposed to happen, susanoo died in this fight but only showed najenda taunting esdeath from shadows)

everything afterwards is filler, they cut and paste stuff that happened in the manga but completely changed the context of it for a anime only ending.

some things i can remember:

-Susanoo died fighting esdeath in the church, but instead dies rescuing tatsumi
-Mine is not dead
-Tatsumi is not dead
-Ran is Dead
-wildhunt doesn't exist in the animee
-Lubbock died very differently in the manga
-the empires teigu is not shown in the manga
-Teleporter guy cannot spam his ability like he showed in the anime, also his death was different, but still. caused by lubbock
-Budou is around esdeath level and not some fodder
Thanks for the summary of some changes! ^^

-Punk-

Supreme
Kin
116💸
Kumi
265💴
Trait Points
0⚔️
Just go ahead and read the manga from the beginning. I'm sure some of the things that happened in the anime will eventually but different. We told you but you didn't listened. Ps: I'm sure Ac will show up with his buthurtness, don't pay attention to him.

Worm King

Banned
Kin
0💸
Kumi
0💴
Trait Points
0⚔️
Everyone who is saying that the anime isn't canon is wrong. Takahiro, the author, admitted that he has been working on the anime ending for 2 years and that the manga will over-all end in the same way, but the way characters die will be a bit different. So yes, the anime IS canon and IS written by the author.

If you want to read the manga, start from chapter 38.

Just go ahead and read the manga from the beginning. I'm sure some of the things that happened in the anime will eventually but different. We told you but you didn't listened. Ps: I'm sure Ac will show up with his buthurtness, don't pay attention to him.
lol, loving the reactions.

Last edited: