Veteran
Kin
13💸
Kumi
6💴
Trait Points
0⚔️
Awards
approaches the training field, twiddling her thumbs. It being her first lesson, she only has a partial familiarity with what it meant to be a shinobi, and yet is eager to learn nonetheless the full depth of the nindo way, and what it meant to her.

Cabbage

Veteran
Kin
13💸
Kumi
6💴
Trait Points
0⚔️
Awards
*Agnes begins to speak, clasping her hand down near her belly as she does so,* "Fuuton, or Wind Release, is one of the five basic elements used within this world. It is generated by first creating extremely thin and sharp chakra, and then propelling it through the air either through a physical motion or through the use of an instrument such as a fan. It is strong against Raiton, because it nullifies it and acts as a buffer against it; however, it is weak against Katon because fire consumes air and wind to grow stronger. Yet, wind can be used in conjunction with fire to create a much stronger fire jutsu, capable of repelling even strong Suiton, or water jutsus. It can also be used in conjunction with Suiton jutsu to propel the water jutsu much faster, similar to a hurricane or water tornado. Thus, I feel, as an ex-Vestal of wind, it's up to me to master this element, to learn both its destructive powers, as well as it's capability of bringing life, bringing seeds, birds, and rain to areas crying for it, to truly benefit both myself and the innocents who need it; but also defend them against the cruelties of the world through its destructive force." *Agnes brings her clasped hands up to her chin and she lays her bottom lip upon them as she finishes, hoping that this answer would satisfy Castiel-sensei.*

Nathan

Immortal
Kin
409💸
Kumi
615💴
Trait Points
0⚔️
Status
Well done. That was good. I will add a little more:

Wind Release is the element that allows us to create and manipulate wind. When you think of wind you think of something that is fast, free flowing, unpredictable, and strong. In the Narutoverse and in our RP, wind release has a variety of different properties which makes it versatile in its own right. For one, we have the ability to create long and short powerful gusts of flowing wind. Mainly these techniques that are designed to provide resistance against oncoming attacks, reversing the trajectory of weaponry, etc. We can also create short concentrated/compressed bursts of wind that give a pseudo solid form which can be used for blunt force or strong impacts. These would mainly be offensive in nature. There is also vacuum or suction power that can be generated, drawing objects in for close combat or sucking away the oxygen for suffocation. However, one of the more prominent abilities of wind release that we’ve come to know from the Narutoverse is the powerful cutting power that it possesses. Mainly from characters like Naruto, Asuma, and Sora, the wind nature has been shown to be able to slice and cut through things like butter. Wind is the movement of many gases in the air, though we’ve been shown to manipulate just the air itself and call it wind release by comparison due to the relationship.
Any questions?

Cabbage

Veteran
Kin
13💸
Kumi
6💴
Trait Points
0⚔️
Awards
"None at this current time Castiel-sensei." *Agnes states as she releases her hands from their clasp and drops them naturally to her hip. She continues her smile at Castiel, a little bit more confident now, but moreso curious as to the training that awaits her.*

Nathan

Immortal
Kin
409💸
Kumi
615💴
Trait Points
0⚔️
Status
Alright, now. Come grab this piece of paper from me, try and channel your wind chakra into it, if you do it correctly. The paper should slice in half.

Cabbage

Veteran
Kin
13💸
Kumi
6💴
Trait Points
0⚔️
Awards
*Agnes approaches Castiel and grabs the pieces of paper gently with her right hand. She then walks backwards, looking at Castiel the entire time, about ten steps before clasping the paper with her left hand and closing both together and lowers both hands approximately an inch from her pelvis, hands pointing downwards. She begins to breath deeply, one time,two times, a third, as she looks down at her clasped hands. She then closes her eyes and first bends her right knee and then her left into a crouching stance before lowering both knees to a parallel stance to the ground, a kneeling stance. She places her bottom onto the heels of her feet as she straightens her back. She then lowers her head, so then it's facing the clasped hands, ergo the paper, and kisses first the folded index fingers, then the thumbs, a tradition in her temple before any ecclesiastical ceremonies would occur, as it is a sign respect to their wind god. She then began to focus her chakra onto the palms of both of her hands. Although she was unsure how to exactly focus wind chakra onto the paper, and not, say, water chakra, she felt the paper beginning to tear in half. She came to the conclusion that it was occurring natural, perhaps she truly was intuned with the Fuuton element after all.

Five minutes pass, and she felt the paper about 3/4s torn, yet it's pace was slowing down. She thus concentrated an immense amount of chakra onto the paper, causing her to begin to strain.*

"mhhm..." *Then it occurred, she felt two portions of paper. She breath heavily for a few seconds before standing up, her back still straightened. She then opens her eyes, looking at Castiel as she bears a grin. She brings her hands up to her breast before pushing them forward about five inches, leaving a bit of a bend to her elbows. She opens her hands as if they were a book, hopefully showing that the paper was in fact torn in half. A tiny drop of sweat drip down Agnes' left cheek, perhaps she put too much effort into this.*

Cabbage

Veteran
Kin
13💸
Kumi
6💴
Trait Points
0⚔️
Awards
*Agnes pants for a few moments, still tired from the paper exercise. She then straightens up and moves three steps closer to Castiel, realizing that there's still quite a distance between them. She clasps both hands behind herself, at the end of her spine. She then tilts her head slightly about five degrees to the right, bearing a slight grin that has a calming effect upon the company as she begins to speak:*

"Well, I feel as if I'm an avenue to the wind, that I'm more serene and calm than I was before. Although this wind can have a terrible power and should not be used with irresponsibility, it yet should be used. Without this wind, life would become unbearable, the heat would suffocate, the oceans would decay, the birds would d-die..." *Agnes has notable difficulty saying that word* "But, nonetheless, I feel as if I can use this wind, because I'm beginning to learn how to move with the wind, and not to force it to move with me..."

*Agnes finishes her statement, but her smile has disappeared. Although her facial expression is now more stoic, her eyes speak a different tale, one of unfathomable sadness, and fear, fear of death. Yet, she retains an more official disposition, her stand still straight, her eyes retain perfect contact with Castiel's, as she was sure Castiel-sensei had other concerns, with many students and his own training to worry about...*

Last edited:

Nathan

Immortal
Kin
409💸
Kumi
615💴
Trait Points
0⚔️
Status
That, that was impressive. Holy shit.

So techniques time, but first what would you like to use the first method, or the template?

So idea is simple, I will post the techniques and I will ask you to analyse them for me, for example: how to use it in battle, how to counter it, what is good about this technique (pros), what is bad about it (cons), what you like about it and etc. I think you pretty much get what I mean. The "How to perform" - part is a bit, not needed for, but you are more than welcome to perform it, if you don't understand the technique. It's better if we focus on the important things, like actually analysing the whole technique and knowing how to use it in a fight. Only filling the template is boring and sometimes not fun. I want to make this training as enjoyable as I can, I know templates can be boring and dull at times.

Something below are basic guidelines to use:

Example of points for every technique
+ How to be used in a battle
+ How to be countered in a battle
+ Some advantages and disadvantages
+ Your personal opinion about the technique

Do you have any questions about method?

Or you can chose to use this template:

PHP:
[CODE][B]One/three advantages:[/B]
[LIST]
[*]1. 
[*]2.
[*]3.
[*]
[/LIST]
[B]One/three disadvantages:[/B]
[LIST]
[*]1. 
[*]2.
[*]3.
[*]
[/LIST]
[B]How you would use it in battle:[/B]
[B]How you would counter it:[/B]
[B]How you perform it (with as much detail as you can):[/B][/CODE]
Your choice. ^^

Nathan

Immortal
Kin
409💸
Kumi
615💴
Trait Points
0⚔️
Status
Swell.

(Fūton Kihon Jutsu) Wind Release Basic Technique
Type: Supplementary/Offensive/Defensive
Range: Short-Mid
Chakra: 10
Damage: 20
Description: The user will release basic simple blasts or streams of wind from his limbs or mouth to defend or attack an enemy.

So what can you tell me about this technique?

Cabbage

Veteran
Kin
13💸
Kumi
6💴
Trait Points
0⚔️
Awards
(Fūton Kihon Jutsu) Wind Release Basic Technique
Type: Supplementary/Offensive/Defensive
Range: Short-Mid
Chakra: 10
Damage: 20
Description: The user will release basic simple blasts or streams of wind from his limbs or mouth to defend or attack an enemy.

So what can you tell me about this technique?
*Agnes straightens her back and smiles again as she begins her explanation:*

This technique is relatively simple, as it’s a concentration of wind chakra upon a certain point before a sudden release of it from that point. Thus, it’s not the best for a direct attack, but rather a portion of a combo. For example, a fireball jutsu can be used as an initial attack, however, by itself is rather slow, but by following up with a swift usage of wind, it gains more potency and speed, and also can cause a sharp, burning sensation, thus distracting the opposing shinobi while preparing a more punishing jutsu. It can also be used as a method for increasing both height and speed of weapons, such as kunai, and also other weak jutsu as mentioned earlier. Another usage of this technique is blowing a harsh wind towards their face or eyes, as a minor distraction. It can also be used to stop or redirect weapons and weak jutsus going towards you, but even this usage should still be used in conjunction with other techniques/jutsus/tactics.

Besides the obvious use fire jutsu or stronger jutsu counter, one can utilize wall/armor defenses, alongside defensive stances, to easily take this jutsu, but one can lose momentum by doing so, which then may be countered in itself. Thus, the best counter I can think of is simple sidestepping. An explanation of this is as follows: by concentrating chakra around your feet as you see an opposing shinobi prepare this technique, you can more swiftly and thus dodge even swift natures such as wind. The fact making this possible is that this is a basic blast, implying a small radius and length, given the small amount of chakra needed to utilize this technique. Not only does this not use up any chakra or jutsus, but also gives you enhanced speed and agility, allowing you to prepare more elaborate arrays of dodges and techniques. As an additive bonus, it also helps gives you more balance, which helps in many situations.

{I’ll follow the template listing if you do not mind Nathan-sensei to best facilitate understanding.}

Advantage:

1.) Excellent for early supplementation combination
2.) Added distraction if hits, also may throw unprepared shinobi off-balance, slowing their jutsu creation, allowing you to prepare more sophisticated jutsu
3.) It’s speed is the second highest amongst the basic natures, thus allowing for early strikes

Disadvantages:

1.) Easily side-stepped by skilled shinobi (as mentioned above)
2.) A wall or armor type jutsu can easily tank this one (also mentioned above)
3.) If the wind is blowing against you, the use of this jutsu can completely backfire (this applies to wind nature in general though, so I’ll offer one more in case this one isn’t accepted)
4.) It’s radius and length are quite poor, thus some excellent accurate and prediction of the enemy’s movement(s) is needed for best usage of this jutsu, which can be hard to do in the heat of battle

This jutsu is best used as a supplementation, and only against unskilled shinobi. Alone, it is quite weak I’m afraid…

*Agnes finishes, her hands dropped by her sides again.*

{A question before we continue, would the side-step counter truly work? Or do I need to rethink that counter? I’m uncertain, as I know that chakra application around the extremities allow one to retain greater balance, but I don’t know if the speed of movements is actually increased by doing so or not. And even if so, then I don’t know whether it increases the speed enough to counter wind and electrical jutsus, given how quick they spread.}

{Also, references to the nature’s speed is found by a statement from Scorps: }

Nathan

Immortal
Kin
409💸
Kumi
615💴
Trait Points
0⚔️
Status
I don't even need to add a single thing. That was one of the most basic techniques around, but you still manage to explain it so well.

(Fūton: Fūsajin no Jutsu) - Wind Release: Dust Wind Technique
Type: Defence
Range: Short
Chakra Cost: 10
Damage Points: N/A
Description: The user creates a gust of wind that layers an area in loose sand and dust. Doing so also acts as a sandblaster on the surrounding area. This layer of sand that accumulates on the trees during this technique makes it difficult for others to get a good footing. The initial gust can also temporarily blind opponents by lodging sand in their eyes.

This technique is a little eh, the range is bad for what this technique is trying to do.

Cabbage

Veteran
Kin
13💸
Kumi
6💴
Trait Points
0⚔️
Awards
(Fūton: Fūsajin no Jutsu) - Wind Release: Dust Wind Technique
Type: Defence
Damage Points: N/A
Description: The user creates a gust of wind that layers an area in loose sand and dust. Doing so also acts as a sandblaster on the surrounding area. This layer of sand that accumulates on the trees during this technique makes it difficult for others to get a good footing. The initial gust can also temporarily blind opponents by lodging sand in their eyes.

This technique is a little eh, the range is bad for what this technique is trying to do.

This technique uses a wind jutsu in a curved motion (i.e., convex shape) in order to conjure up sand or dust from the general environment to disrupt the opposing shinobi. This is general done to break a opposing shinobi’s balance, and thus not only knocks them down, but interrupts their jutsu casting, allowing you more time to create you r own jutsus or implement other techniques. This can also be used in conjunction with makibishi to both blind and damage the enemy, given how light each individual makibishi is. If used in conjunction in a combination though, it may be of a different use. An explanation is as follows:

1.) Use this jutsu to accumulate dust around the area
2.) Use a propulsion-type wind jutsu to push the dust around you
3.) Finally, use a fire type jutsu to light the entire area on fire (best used with a clone or trigger type jutsu though, to allow yourself to not be caught in the flames

This can be completely backfired by using a fire jutsu from a distance, considering that this jutsu is short range, especially if saw dust or general dust is used, given that these two types of dust are flammable. If sand is used in conjunction with this jutsu, then the use of wind jutsu can also cause this jutsu to backfire, as the enemy can merely shoot some of the sand into your eyes, causing you, not the enemy, to become blind. Also, merely backing out of the range of this jutsu, either height-wise or range-wise, can help you avoid this jutsu, keep both chakra and jutsu reserves, and also give you a range advantage.

Advantages:

1.) Uses the environment to your advantage before the opponent can do so
2.) Causes a shinobi to lose balance on trees and other surfaces, disrupting jutsus and causing a poorly defensible position for taijutsu and kenjutsu
3.) Able to use in combination with light shinobi tools (ex. Makibishi) to increase utility of both the jutsu and tools
4.) May cause disruption of low level jutsu if right material is used
5.) This is a decent jutsu to force the opponent to go to a range position is that is preferable to you

Disadvantages:

1.) Easily dodgeable through short range, causing opponent to increase their range advantage instead of actually helping you
2.) Easily backfired (elaborated earlier)
3.) The dust doesn’t cause damage by itself, nor does the jutsu
4.) The use of goggles or other methods to protect the eyes can cause this jutsu to become mostly useless
5.) Balance loss is quite momentary, so a clever opponent can actually use the momentary loss to both ascertain your location as well as retreat from their current location to a more remote location in order to prepare a range battle, causing, again, for yourself to be in a disadvantageous position if this was not intended

This jutsu seems too easily backfireable for me to like it. That range though… is also quite bad.

Nathan

Immortal
Kin
409💸
Kumi
615💴
Trait Points
0⚔️
Status
I am still impressed. Still am.

(Fūton: Sensougouheki) - Wind Release: Rumbling wind wall
Type: Attack/Defence
Damage Points: 20
Description: User creates a wall of spinning wind in front of him that is used to push back weapons thrown towards him. It can also be used against taijutsu close range attacks, but the wall can be pushed back with a stronger wind jutsu or if a smoke bomb or explosive tag touches the spinning wind they will automatically get activated because of the sharpness of the wind element, damaging the user also.

In short, it is small wall of spinning wind that knocks back weapons.

Cabbage

Veteran
Kin
13💸
Kumi
6💴
Trait Points
0⚔️
Awards
(Fūton: Sensougouheki) - Wind Release: Rumbling wind wall
Type: Attack/Defence
Damage Points: 20
Description: User creates a wall of spinning wind in front of him that is used to push back weapons thrown towards him. It can also be used against taijutsu close range attacks, but the wall can be pushed back with a stronger wind jutsu or if a smoke bomb or explosive tag touches the spinning wind they will automatically get activated because of the sharpness of the wind element, damaging the user also.

In short, it is small wall of spinning wind that knocks back weapons.

A shinobi using this technique should first go into a defensive stance, and gather chakra at their elbow. Then, the shinobi should release the chakra, sending it from elbow to tip of finger, by moving their arm in a swinging motion. If the arm moves left to right, then the chakra should be gather in their right elbow; if right to left, the chakra should be gather in their left elbow. This jutsu can also be used in a vertical motion, losing width that the horizontal motion has, but gaining a much sharper edge, as the concentration of wind chakra at the point of release will be more potent than with a larger area. Thus, the horizontal counter is more utile for numerous indirect objects, say, kunai, or shuriken, or weaker jutsus. Meanwhile, the vertical counter is perfect for countering more direct taijutsu/kenjutsu (a bit riskier with kenjutsu though, personally I wouldn’t take the risk), as does it not only deliver the usual edge that an uppercut carries (that is, it disorientates the opposing shinobi by lifting their head upwards, thus making them lose both their sense of position as well as balance), but also delivers a cutting edge, leaving to cut wounds, as well as a cruel opportunity for a Katon jutsu, really making it burn so to speak. Never said I was the nicest girl ever, I’m afraid…

*Agnes begins to twiddle her thumbs again*

Quite simple, fire jutsu to this one = this girl is on fire ;_;. Also, one can throw dust or sand at the user/jutsu, making this completely useless. Another simple counter is by disorientating the user (an example being any Doton jutus causing quake –like effects), causing them to lose their concentration of chakra as well as their balance. Yet another interesting counter is to keep pressure on the shinobi’s elbows, purposefully targeting first the elbow, and then a different part of their body, say the knee pointing forward. By doing this, you force the opposing shinobi to continually switch their defensive stance, making it more difficult to effectively gather chakra at any given point because of the continual stress given to them through relentless attacks.

Advantages:

1.) Stopping kunai, shuriken, needles, rocks, etc. from reaching you in a pinch
2.) Disorientates the opposing shinobi, allowing you to use a quick taijutsu counter
3.) Good jutsu to use to begin a counter-attack

Disadvantages:

1.) Katon = Roasted Agnes special ;_;
2.) Countering a smoke bomb or explosive-tagged kunai with this jutsu means an earlier activation of those tools, given that this is a direct shield between you and those tools, this is a very bad thing
3.) This is a weak shield, meaning much stronger jutsus will break through it easily

Maybe this jutsu has a decent use in situations demanding close combat, but I would rather not risk using this jutsu to counter tools when it’s just as easy to throw your own tools to counter them, as the risk of a Katon jutsu counter is a bit much in my opinion (the reasoning behind why a Katon would work is because I would imagine this jutsu lasting long enough for a Katon without a wind-supplementation enhancement to reach it. Perhaps I’m wrong about this though.)

*Agnes then takes a drink of water from her gourd while awaiting Castiel-sensei’s reply*

Last edited: