African Children Are Mining Cobalt For Apple, Microsoft, Samsung, Sony, VW.....

Lightbringer

Legendary
Kin
0💸
Kumi
0💴
Trait Points
0⚔️
What would they be doing if they didn't? Dying penniless with nothing. It's unfortunate their world is like that but if they didn't have this they'd have nothing. Their world can't afford to educate everyone and feed everyone so the lowest have to do something.
Read my previous comment before making an ignorant statement.

Yubel

Veteran
Kin
0💸
Kumi
0💴
Trait Points
0⚔️
The very first step is to spread awareness. Let as many people as possible know about this. Once they do, the rest is history.

Wabbit

Banned
Legendary
Kin
0💸
Kumi
0💴
Trait Points
0⚔️
Would you rather see them in Kalashnikovs?
It is not just Africa. Most electronics are made in an oppressive communist country where the workers are forced into cancerous environment. Though most of their problem are because internal conflicts and their own dictator's, not foreign interventions. If there were bunch of strong countries they would repel foreign corporations ****ing over there.

Lightbringer

Legendary
Kin
0💸
Kumi
0💴
Trait Points
0⚔️
I look forward to seeing you on the news then.
Go solve the worlds problems.
It's not a one man effort. It's just sick how you simply dismiss something like this and laugh about just because it doesn't directly affect you.

It's easy for you because you're not in the same position. But mark my words, the U.S. is headed in that direction too. The middle class is already disappearing. Sooner or later, everyone except the top 1% will be in that position.

Reactions: Sugiyama

Waindo

Legendary
Kin
869💸
Kumi
3💴
Trait Points
0⚔️
It's not a one man effort. It's just sick how you simply dismiss something like this and laugh about just because it doesn't directly affect you.

It's easy for you because you're not in the same position. But mark my words, the U.S. is headed in that direction too. The middle class is already disappearing. Sooner or later, everyone except the top 1% will be in that position.
U.S is already there, rest of the world is already there. Approximately 16.000 people are more wealthy than the rest of the planet. Literally

1% -16.000 monstrously rich people <------> 99% - 7.399.529.200 people/at the moment I wrote this. World population number is fluctuating non-stop.

Yubel

Veteran
Kin
0💸
Kumi
0💴
Trait Points
0⚔️

No, there can't be an upper class without a middle class. Rich people get services by middle class people.

Narushima

Kin
0💸
Kumi
0💴
Trait Points
0⚔️
No, there can't be an upper class without a middle class. Rich people get services by middle class people.
The middle class is indeed rapidly vanishing in the west now. For the case of the US, this issue has been documented and discussed at book-length by such different folk as the libertarian Charles Murray and the leftist Robert Putnam. This is in part the reason for the popularity of both Trump and Sanders (as well as the growth of populism in their various forms in the west in general).

[video=youtube;u5-MwZbQdwU]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=u5-MwZbQdwU[/video]

Reactions: Waindo

Scooby Doo

Immortal
Kin
0💸
Kumi
0💴
Trait Points
0⚔️
It's nice to spread awareness (to those to whom it's actually 'news' ), but apart from making 3-4 threads every day, do you do something about it? You are supposed to be a genius, after all.