[Fantasy] Aetherian Rhapsodies-(Stanza V: Discord)

Omega

Legendary
Kin
49💸
Kumi
16💴
Trait Points
0⚔️
Awards

Aetherian Rhapsodies

You must be registered for see images

Stanza V-Discord
Recorded Stanza-(Past Chapters)
Stanza IV-

Authors Note
I know the writing section is a wasteland but I still want to post update to my xchapter here even if no one wants to read it. I guess I'm a sucker for nostalgia. Just got back in the motivation to write as well. So don't mind me, if you wander here by accident and like what you see then enjoy yourself and check out my other chapters. This is a pretty short one. Just happy to be writing again. ^^

"........Just die."

Aurora wanted to scream. She wanted to cry. She wanted to do something, but all her body allowed her to do was nothing. Having seen the people under her watch frequently delivered unto death the past few years took its toll; however, this was different. Zane embraced death in her place. It was her who was to take hold of the cursed weapon, yet it was him who died for it. Molina, who trembled from afar, wanted to shut her eyes and pretend it was all a dream; however, she could not help but continuously replay the situation that had unfolded right before her eyes.

“Zane…Zane’s dead…,” Molina whispered in a quivering voice. She kept repeating his name, even as the unforgiving Rohanian King snickered at his untimely death.

“No one defies me…”, he said as he turned toward Molina and Dyne. It was almost as if he was taking responsibility for Zane’s death. “Arrest them, for they were with that demon who defiled me! They will die a slow and painful death!” Molina awoke from her shock momentarily when she realized the deteriorating situation she was now apart of. A Rohanian knight was suddenly bearing down upon her with his sword fully drawn. Having just overcome her shock from Zane’s death, she was still unable to move; however, faster than the eye could blink, the knight was sent flying through the upper deck of the throne room followed by a terrible howl that filled the pierced the spines of nearly everyone within the room. Even the most experienced knights shuddered at the sound, for most who lived long enough knew that sound.

“IT’S A LIGAN! A DAY CRAWLER!” A knight exclaimed in hysteria.

“I swear to the gods…you will not lay a single finger on my daughter! Not even over my corpse! I will kill all of you!”
Dyne exclaimed as he punctuated his threat with another howl, louder and even more terrifying than the last. He was already a large man; however, after this transformation, he was truly terrifying. Standing about 14 feet tall, Dyne, now a ligan, crouched on all fours as he eyed his prey. Molina fell to her knees as a single tear trickled down her face.
Seeing a form that her adoptive father promised never to take again meant they would die. Meanwhile, Cain formed a sinister grin on his face as he made eye contact with Phoenix. Having just beheaded the prince’s father, King Wyvern, he wanted to savor the dismay on the prince’s face; however, something was not right. Phoenix did not look angry, concerned, or frightened. Moreover, the atmosphere had not changed. Cain had killed hundreds of people throughout his lifetime; by now, he could feel the exact moment a soul leaves a body; nevertheless, in these few split seconds…he could tell that nothing had changed. His smile was quickly dissipated as he completed an 180 degree turn only to see King Wyvern looking down at him. His head fully intact. His eyes held no malice, only pity.

“But, how…I felt my blade connect. Why is he still alive?!” Cain thought to himself. The moment Cain’s foot touched the ground he dashed toward King Wyvern without a single moment of hesitation. A successive strike in mere milliseconds. It was unavoidable…for most. “Even if it takes 1000 times, I’ll see to it that you’re dead!”

Emulating a great statue, King Wyvern merely shifted his gaze to his left. As if to warn Cain of his impending doom. Whether out of instinct, or unbelievable spacial awareness, Cain lifted his right arm to shield his face as he was nearly blasted through the ground. After the smoke had faded, Cain would be seen slowly rising, coughing up blood. His right arm was clearly broken and gashed. 60% of his right side was burned. Had his cursed powers not been activated, he surely would have met with Death. This time it was Phoenix who looked down upon him. His blade, Phantom Azure, was pointed right in Cain’s direction. The sword itself reflected brightly in the light that pierced the stained glass. The blue flames that emitted from it flickered calmly and silently. “Pitiful creature, it is a disgrace that you are even allowed to gaze upon the throne. I will end your existence, struggle no longer.”

“Phoenix, capture him alive.” King Wyvern said with little concern.

“Yes father.”

Using his borrowed sword as a cane to stand on, Cain chuckled to himself as he thought about the predicament he was in. “You think its going to be that easy? Now my brothers! Lay waste to this kingdom! For the Father!”

This momentarily gave Phoenix pause as he quickly observed his surroundings. He then focused his gaze once more on Cain, who had just realized his battle cry fell on deaf ears. Even the usually self-assured Cain frantically looked around as Phoenix steps grew louder the closer he got.

“What the hell is this…why isn’t anyone…where are they?”

“You can stall no longer.” Phoenix said as the heat from the blade could now be felt even by the archers

“SHIIIIIIIIIIIIIITTTTTTTTTTT!” Cain said as he flipped his sword into reverse grip and dashed toward Phoenix only to miss badly and receive a counter kick to the chin which sent him flying into Dyne.

“This has nothing to do with you…get out of my way…” Cain said as he coughed repeatedly while scowling at the monster before him. The blood from his arms was beginning to pool beneath him.

Without looking at him Dyne effortlessly knocked away another knight before saying “I was going to say the same thing. We have enough trouble on our own.”

King Loris who recently began to retreat behind Phoenix after seeing Dyne’s transformation and Cain’s attempted assassination broke down under all the chaos. “ALL SOLDIERS DESTROY THESE INTRUDERS! THEY ARE OBVIOUSLY WORKING TOGETHER TO GET THE CELESTIAL WEAPON AND TO ASSASINATE ME! KILL THEM!”

The red rose knights paused as they looked toward each other, and then to King Wyvern. Even some of the black knights reluctantly looked toward King Wyvern to which he responded with a slight sigh and signal of the hand to confirm King Loris’ previous orders.

“Well, well Mr. Beast…it looks like they think we’re working together anyway. Might was well make a truce…” Cain said as he spit out a tooth.

“You can die on your own. First chance I get-“

“I’m getting out alive eh? Well…I can’t leave anything on the table and expect to live through this. Especially against that man. I have unfinished business with Phoenix…if you keep the knights off my ass, I’ll take care of him.”

With that Cain placed his sword into the ground and released a trembling battle cry as his entire body was enveloped in a red light. Even a brief tremor could be felt in the room. Phoenix halted his steady pace toward Cain and the others, opting to assume a traditional fighting stance almost as if he was inviting Cain to charge at him. An invitation that Cain would happily accept as he blazed toward him at an inhuman speed.

Just as the chaos assumed yet another level, Priest Galvinich, who was infuriated, observed the situation from the comforts of the balcony. He was not concerned with Loris, King Wyvern, or even the intruders. The main event had been halted…Aurora had not yet touched to Sword of Destruction. Such a deviation was inexcusable. “AURORA, LOOK AROUND YOU! WIELD THE BLADE AND QUELL THIS CHAOS! DO NOT FORGET WHAT IT WAS YOU WERE DESTINED FOR THIS DAY!”

This would be the first time during this ordeal that King Wyvern showed legitimate concern as he turned toward Aurora who was gazing at the unfolding chaos around her. It was almost as if everything was at a standstill/ She could not help but cast the blame for these events on herself. Something that Priest Galvanich was hoping to achieve with his cold calculated words. Turning back to the sword, her breathing became rapid, and her body felt cold.

“…I have to stop this. No more.” Aurora pleaded silently as she ignored King Wyverns orders for her to move away from the blade. “I have to…” The next few seconds seemed to tick for days when suddenly the dreaded light filled the room once more.

BODY COMPOSITION…RETRIEVING DATA…ERROR…SCANNING…SCANNING…ERROR…SCANN ING SCANNING…98% HUMAN, 1% TROLL, .9% ELVEN. AETHERIAN COMPOSITION TO BE DETERMINED…SCANNNING…SCANNING…SCANNING…

“Another idiot bites the dust eh?”

“W-where am I? Who’s there?” Zane asked as he opened his eyes. What he saw was beyond anything he has ever seen or imagined. There were machines moving in unpredictable, jerky patterns all around him. Everything was enveloped in darkness save for the violet light that would periodically shoot across the ground.

“Very original…next you’ll say SHOW YOURSELF!…Mortals…so predictable,” The mysterious voice continued. The voice came from every direction; conversely, it also seemed to emanate from Zane’s own thoughts.

“Um, the current arrangement works well for me actually.” Zane said as he brushed himself off and looked around the enigmatic world.

“You’re not that smart are you? Maybe that’s why you’re dead.”

“WAIT WHAT? SO THIS IS HELL?!!! THE UNDERWORLD!??”

“No, this isn’t hell…”

“Oh good, so I’m not dead after all. That was a close one-“

“No, you’re definitely dead.”

“SO, THIS IS HELL! NOOOOO!!!!”

“NO, YOU IDIOT THIS IS-, You know what; yes, this is hell. Wait a minute…mortal…you can understand me?”

“Yeah, why wouldn’t I?”

“I am a deity, the minds of most become scrambled at the sound of my voice. Indeed, a strange occurrence but not unprecedented. This has happened before.”

“So, you think you could bring me back to life or something?”

“W-what? Do not converse with me so casually. I will not grant you an extension on your pathetic life. You’re simply to-“

“So, in other words you can’t.”

“Er…SILENCE.”

“Why should I? I’m already dead…”

“SILENCE MORTAL!” Unlike the deity’s other threats, this one shook the entire world. The words seem to strike Zane’s soul itself. As if in tandem with the deity’s command, a hole opened in the ground right beneath Zane sending him into an eternal free fall. Of course, the cowardly Zane screamed and cried with all his might for what seemed like 30 minutes. Even the hidden deity could not help but end Zane’s dismay to end the headache that Zane produced.

“DO YOU EVER STAY QUIET?” The god said whilst revealing himself to Zane. On cue, Zane’s heart came to a stop when he gazed upon the god of this realm. This deity could easily dwarf the largest of mountains. The chains that bound him to various constructs shook and rattled with equivalent horror. Almost as if someone flipped a switch on Zane’s panic meter, he immediately began to run and scream in the opposite direction.

“Okay enough of that….” The deity said as he grabbed a hold of Zane, effectively silencing him by instilling even more fear. “Squeal, again…and I really will kill you mortal.”

“W-W-which god are you?” Zane said finally gaining the courage to speak.

“Can you not tell.”

There was an awkward silence as Zane focused on the ever-shifting image of the god before him. After the moment had passed Zane simply shrugged his shoulders which immediately incurred the god’s wrath. Zane, however, covered his own mouth to prevent from screaming. It went against his very nature, but self-preservation superseded even that.

“Okay, I admit…I cannot remember my name. Neither have the millions of poor souls who have come this way…no one.”

“Wait did you say millions? Um…I can’t help but notice this place is empty. What happened to the others?”

“They faded into nothingness, never to be remembered again.”

“Ohhh…………….what!? What the hell is this place!”

“The truth be told…I don’t remember much of anything. I just know I am a deity, and that I’m trapped in this ever-changing weapon. Because this era is comprised of weaklings, this weapon took the form of a lowly sword…how cliché. Even still…none of you mortals can wield it. I am not particularly fond of the idea that I will be sharing my power with you lowly creatures. Why am I telling you this anyway? You’ll be officially erased in a few minutes. The system is taking longer than normal.

“Wait so that sword I grabbed…wasn’t just a fancy weapon?”

“You touched the great weapon of destruction not knowing it was a cursed item? Yeah, you’ll pretty much die if you touch it. It would be the same as touching a god.” He had stated this in a matter of fact way of speaking that simply did no suit his godly disposition. Somehow, this made it seem obvious, yet cruel simultaneously.

“…….Wait.” Zane then looked down at the hand that was currently holding him and then back to the god whom was that hand belonged to. The enigmatic deity also looked at Zane and then realized what he was thinking which prompted him to toss Zane into the infinite abyss out of embarrassing frustration, only to reach into that very abyss and bring him back.

“We're just ethereal beings at the moment, touching me at this time won’t kill you!” The god looked toward Zane once more as he allowed him to rest on the machine-like platform he was standing on earlier. “You are indeed the most agitating mortal to cross my path in over a millennium. At the very least, you do provide a little entertainment."

Zane who was pale and frozen with fear at this point mustered up the reserves of bravery he had left. “M-Mr. God…if you’re stuck inside this sword until someone releases you. Wouldn’t that just make you a genie…instead of a god.”

“………..”

“………..”

“I take it back, you’re just annoying. You can die now.”

“With my first wish…”

“I AM NOT A GENIE! I told you before…I am a god! WITH NO MEMORY!” The last portion of that statement was said with authority equivalent to the rest; however, that only made it sound even more childish.

“I have an idea. I’ll name you!” Zane exclaimed, ignoring the gods recent statements as he suddenly snapped out of his near comatose state.

“Like a dog? You’ll just…give me a name? Mortals do not give gods their names.”

“Then who does?”

“…………Mortal, I tire of your senseless babble. Please just die already…”

“But what if I’m the chosen one?”

“Those greater than you have failed the test of this blade. You’ve already died in your world. A cowardly being like you could never-“

AETHERIAN COMPOSITION 99.999% MATCH.

“…………..”

“………WHAT!?,” The deity and the mortal exclaimed simultaneously as the entire world seemed to shake with uncontrollable might.

“What do I do?! What do I do?!” Zane asked in a panic, uncertain as to what exactly was going to happen.

“QUICK, mortal, kill yourself!”

“Okay! Wait, what? NO!”

“I refuse to be bound to anyone in this pathetic era let alone the worst they have to offer! I repeat kill yourself or incur my wrath!”

“Consider your wrath incurred because I am not going to do that!”

SOUL LINK ESTABLISHED. LIMITERS SET TO 91%. PROCESSING, PROCESSING…ERROR.

“WHAT COWARD DISOBEYS A GOD!”

“IF IT MEANS STAYING ALIVE, I’LL DO ALMOST ANYTHING!”

“I’M ORDERING YOU! DIE!”

“NOPE!”

“COWARD!”

“GENIE!”

“MORTAL!”

“GENIE!”

“YOU SAID THAT ALREADY!”

SOUL LINK RE-ESTABLISHED, ARTIFICIAL REALITY DECONSTRUCTED. ESTABLISHING REALITY….DOWNLOADING……………..DOWNLOAD COMPLETE

In an instant Zane and the nameless deity lost consciousness as the ominous world collapsed around them.

Once the light that had enveloped the throne room faded, everyone paused to gaze at its source. It was as if the could sense the presence of Fate itself. Even King Wyvern was finally standing, concerned of what became of his daughter in law. “Aurora…”, he silently whispered to himself. Dyne and Molina were completely frozen in unbelief at what their eyes displayed in front of them.

“Seriously….who the hell is he?” Cain muttered while Phoenix held him in the air by the throat. Priest Galvanich’s face turned bright red as he began to make his way down to the throne with the others. King Loris merely began to mutter nonsense as he could no longer comprehend the rapid changing of events.

Aurora’s hand was shaking…inches away from the sword when she realized she was still alive. She slowly looked up only to see Zane standing in the swords place. Even more surprising, was the fact that he was wielding the source of her dismay over the recent years. He looked down at her before speaking, and then looked back at the frozen chaos. “Take it from me…this thing is not worth the trouble.”

END​​

As always feedback, comments, are appreciated
I'm always happy to answer any questions you may have. Thanks for reading!

Want to know about the Gods/Aetherians of this world. Check it out in the poetry section!
>>> <<<

Theme Song
[video=youtube;NlWuzBZGgzQ]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NlWuzBZGgzQ[/video]​

Last edited:

Omega

Legendary
Kin
49💸
Kumi
16💴
Trait Points
0⚔️
Awards
You officially now hold the title as NB's Last Writer my friend, we leave the rest to you, lol.

I thought you said you were giving up NB's FanFic section?? O__O
Been at work all day @_@, I’m prolly going to be posting somewherrr else, but might as well post here too. Lol, NB rugs at your heart strings.

Omega

Legendary
Kin
49💸
Kumi
16💴
Trait Points
0⚔️
Awards
Haven't read it yet, but I can tell it's a good treat. I'll do as you suggested and go back to where the story commences.
Its much appreciated it. Lucky for you there are only a few chapters to go through, but I'm really proud of this one. I had a lot of fun writing it, so I hope its an enjoyable read. ^^