Veteran
Kin
0💸
Kumi
0💴
Trait Points
0⚔️
Hello everyone

So, I just re-read the Tailed Beasts and Tobi vs Bee and Naruto, and something hit me.

Is Kurama, the Demon Fox, really that much stronger than all other Tailed Beasts? I mean, it didn't take Naruto very long to beat them all at once after he and the fox joined forces.

Hell, a better question would be, are the Tailed Beasts really as powerful as we have been led to believe? Tobi downed the five-tails in less than a second, the third Raikage went toe-to-toe with the eight-tails and so forth. Not only that, but they've been controlled at several point through history. Hashirama had several at his disposal and it didn't take much effort for Madara to control the Demon Fox - Who is argubly the strongest.

The last question that hit me is - Why were they friendly when they were around the sage, but were then so dangerous to their surroundings that they needed to be sealed?

Locke Shaydow

Kin
0💸
Kumi
0💴
Trait Points
0⚔️
The SO6P created them tailed beasts, so why wouldn't they be more fond of him? Like in the scene where they're all gathered around the SO6P right before he dies, they are all in tears and look sad. They're probably pissed off they lost their master

~Anubis~

Legendary
Kin
73💸
Kumi
3💴
Trait Points
0⚔️
Hello everyone

So, I just re-read the Tailed Beasts and Tobi vs Bee and Naruto, and something hit me.

Is Kurama, the Demon Fox, really that much stronger than all other Tailed Beasts? I mean, it didn't take Naruto very long to beat them all at once after he and the fox joined forces.

Hell, a better question would be, are the Tailed Beasts really as powerful as we have been led to believe? Tobi downed the five-tails in less than a second, the third Raikage went toe-to-toe with the eight-tails and so forth. Not only that, but they've been controlled at several point through history. Hashirama had several at his disposal and it didn't take much effort for Madara to control the Demon Fox - Who is argubly the strongest.

The last question that hit me is - Why were they friendly when they were around the sage, but were then so dangerous to their surroundings that they needed to be sealed?
As i saw on the manga that the time when SO6P created them and was set free they were just kids.....

lol99

Banned
Veteran
Kin
0💸
Kumi
0💴
Trait Points
0⚔️
tailed beasts are not weak.

just that hashirama, madara and tobi are some of the most powerful ninjas
tailed beasts have huge raw power, no ninja except third raikage can fight them head on so ninjas use seals or genjutsus to control the power of tailed beasts

sage treated them as creatures having feelings and emotions and not merely tools to be used so they were friendly
the juubi was dangerous
the tailed beasts are just broken up pieces of the juubi

Reactions: Infant

badranious

Kin
0💸
Kumi
0💴
Trait Points
0⚔️
i think kurama is the has the power sum of all the 8 tailed beasts before him, which means the 8 tails has the sum of all the 7 tailed beasts before him and so on...so he is pretty strong in my point of view...they were small when the So6p was around them so i dont think they were aggressive, but i think the fact that some villages want to use them as weapons made them go on rampage...

Highspeed

Kin
0💸
Kumi
0💴
Trait Points
0⚔️
People fear of that they dont understand .. through history they tried to seal them and use their power ..woud u be happy if someone tryed to seal and then use U as a weapon ? ..

doru

Kin
0💸
Kumi
0💴
Trait Points
0⚔️
they are weak the saga of the 4th proved it. There 9tails was just a raging giant smacking stuff over.the only thing fearsome about them is the tbb. Other than that there just giant animals it's only when they combine/fuse with their hosts that their power is fearsome.

Ultimatevirus

Veteran
Kin
0💸
Kumi
0💴
Trait Points
0⚔️
brute strength need not necessarily always win... they have too much of chakra and power but shinobis have seals and all to control them... also 10 tailed beast is the wicked and most powerful bijuu so he was the real threat not the current beast atleast when they were kids around the time of the sage...
and the beasts were sealed only to get access to the big mass of chakra.. like bee and naruto have gained... it can be a very nice weapon for villages

Thane

Veteran
Kin
0💸
Kumi
0💴
Trait Points
0⚔️
As i saw on the manga that the time when SO6P created them and was set free they were just kids.....
Still, I mean, there is a big difference between being cute little chakra manifestations and raging beasts of doom.

I just wonder what happened. Do you think there is more to the Tailed Beasts than 'just being used by humans'?

gsprinter

Kin
8💸
Kumi
6💴
Trait Points
0⚔️
Theory: it’s the tail number plus the previous tail numbers (I believe they call this a factorial in math it correct me if I’m wrong) so:
Ten tails=55
Nine tails=45
Eight tails=36
Seven tails=28
Six tails=21
Five tails=15
Four tails=10
Three tails=6
Two=3
One=.....1(duh)

so as u can see the power of each additional tail exponentiallly increases a jinchurikis power (in naruto shippuden this was made evident to me for the first when he transforms from 3 tails to the 4 tails against orochimaru and completely loses his humanity in that one step)

Infant

Regular
Kin
5,794💸
Kumi
1,695💴
Trait Points
0⚔️
Theory: it’s the tail number plus the previous tail numbers (I believe they call this a factorial in math it correct me if I’m wrong) so:
Ten tails=55
Nine tails=45
Eight tails=36
Seven tails=28
Six tails=21
Five tails=15
Four tails=10
Three tails=6
Two=3
One=.....1(duh)

so as u can see the power of each additional tail exponentiallly increases a jinchurikis power (in naruto shippuden this was made evident to me for the first when he transforms from 3 tails to the 4 tails against orochimaru and completely loses his humanity in that one step)
This doesn't make sense from an intentional perspective.

Why would the sage unabalance them so much? Making one as strong as all others combined is tactically unbalanced. Knowing the Sharingan can control Kurama, it would be asking for trouble to unbalance them so much.

gsprinter

Kin
8💸
Kumi
6💴
Trait Points
0⚔️
This doesn't make sense from an intentional perspective.

Why would the sage unabalance them so much? Making one as strong as all others combined is tactically unbalanced. Knowing the Sharingan can control Kurama, it would be asking for trouble to unbalance them so much.
You’re forgetting that at the first kage summit the tailed beasts were evenly split, each nation got two except for Hokage who only took the 9 tails. Why would he only take one tailed beast u less it was the most powerful one.

Infant

Regular
Kin
5,794💸
Kumi
1,695💴
Trait Points
0⚔️
You’re forgetting that at the first kage summit the tailed beasts were evenly split, each nation got two except for Hokage who only took the 9 tails. Why would he only take one tailed beast u less it was the most powerful one.
The Sand did the same, with Shukaku who has the least tails.

So it not only evens out, but in a way that forces equality with the most extreme cases.