Azu

Elite
Kin
279💸
Kumi
114💴
Trait Points
0⚔️
Why is SOTW only contest on NB which does not have Discussion Thread? I know that the host would open discussion thread with every new submission/voting thread before, but there is no such a thing anymore.

Now, discussion thread should exist in case people are not completely sure about the each week's theme, if they have some suggestion for the contest, to simply discuss submissions and maybe even to help each other. Since we don't have that thread people are forced to post questions/suggestions in the Suggest Theme Thread only to be given answer that we are breaking rule of posting ''off topic'', which is indeed true. But where should we post then? Here?​

Klaus

Legendary
Kin
31💸
Kumi
17💴
Trait Points
0⚔️
If a discussion thread is needed for the SOTW, talking to the host about making one would be the best possible solution. Since the host is practically in charge of the contest. So My suggestion would be to ask the SOTW Host if it's possible to create a discussion thread and state the reasons of why you think it's necessary. The host can then decide on the course of action.

Azu

Elite
Kin
279💸
Kumi
114💴
Trait Points
0⚔️
If a discussion thread is needed for the SOTW, talking to the host about making one would be the best possible solution. Since the host is practically in charge of the contest. So My suggestion would be to ask the SOTW Host if it's possible to create a discussion thread and state the reasons of why you think it's necessary. The host can then decide on the course of action.
Yeah thanks, Klaus. The host of the contest never answers my questions anyway so I hardly believe that it's going to be different now.

Klaus

Legendary
Kin
31💸
Kumi
17💴
Trait Points
0⚔️
I'll forward the thread to the host and let her give her input. For now I'm going close it to avoid spam and other unnecessary comments.

Avani

Supreme
Kin
5,430💸
Kumi
480💴
Trait Points
0⚔️
Why is SOTW only contest on NB which does not have Discussion Thread?​

Don't you mean this thread which has been up there since October 2008 and is still up:

The last edit in the existing OP in the discussion thread was by Caliburn in 2012.

I know that the host would open discussion thread with every new submission/voting thread before, but there is no such a thing anymore.
There wasn't any other thread when I took over and whoever told you it existed differently was smoking weed.

No I am not making one for this is an old contest that's working just fine. If you have any new suggestions you can post them here to be considered. Just as I have told you before and to your friend too who came to me on your behalf.

Now, discussion thread should exist in case people are not completely sure about the each week's theme
Then they should send a PM to the host and ask away as they already do.

if they have some suggestion for the contest, to simply discuss submissions
Submissions can be discussed in the thread they are posted in for voting. You only need to be respectful or at least courteous to each other and keep the post on topic. No bashing other contestant/s or host and all that usual Jazz.

and maybe even to help each other.
If you want to help each other out- there is a whole GFX section where you can discuss how to do technical stuff. Entries have to be made on your own. How someone interprets a theme or presents it that too should be their own ideas.

Since we don't have that thread people are forced to post questions/suggestions in the Suggest Theme
No one forced you since this section existed even before you joined the forum. You should have asked a mod if you were in doubt.

Thread only to be given answer that we are breaking rule of posting ''off topic'', which is indeed true. But where should we post then? Here?
Yes you can make your suggestions in this section. You have been told this in writing more than once. Why this concept is so hard to understand?

Yeah thanks, Klaus. The host of the contest never answers my questions anyway so I hardly believe that it's going to be different now.
* looks above* I wonder why?​

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.