[Discussion] A question about Android Saga fights (Vegeta)

Itachi 4 life

Regular
Kin
0💸
Kumi
0💴
Trait Points
0⚔️
So I've been thinking about Vegeta's fights with the androids . And a lot of things don't add up, namely him losing all of the said fights. I want legitimate opinions on why he didn't do certain things that could've guaranteed his victory or an explanation on why that wouldn't work.

So the fights I want to talk about are :
timeline Vegeta vs Android 18
Mirai Vegeta vs Mirai Androids
Vegeta vs Perfect Cell.
So the first question is about timeline Vegeta vs timeline 18. Why didn't Vegeta use the final flash against her? It had MASSIVE destructive power , ASSJ Vegeta obliterated Cell with it, Cell only surviving because Vegeta missed his head.If ASSJ Vegeta's FF had enough power to kill Cell without him going USSJ, then surely SS Vegeta's FF would've been enough to kill Android 18 , considering she's wayyyy weaker than Perfect Cell or even Semi-Perfect.

The second one is about the mirai (Future) Vegeta vs mirai 18 and 17. This is the timeline that Future Trunks comes from. We know that the Androids killed Vegeta and that Vegeta was a Super Saiyan. So my question is , if Vegeta was going to die anyway, why didn't he use the Final Explosion? It was enough to OBLITERATE Fat Buu to smithereens, and fat buu was 2-3,5x as strong as him. Mirai Androids weren't nearly that much stronger than him and it's a guaranteed kill seeing as they can't regenerate.He'd have saved everyone and took the victory from the Androids.

The final question is about ASSJ Vegeta vs PC. Trunks thought Vegeta couldn't go USSJ and that he has surpassed him,but it is later implied that Vegeta could have went USSJ and simply avoided it because the loss of speed. So my question is why didn't Vegeta go USSJ and use the final explosion killing Cell in the process?
Share your thoughts!

Dr Gilgamesh

Veteran
Kin
0💸
Kumi
0💴
Trait Points
0⚔️
So the first question is about timeline Vegeta vs timeline 18. Why didn't Vegeta use the final flash against her? It had MASSIVE destructive power , ASSJ Vegeta obliterated Cell with it, Cell only surviving because Vegeta missed his head.If ASSJ Vegeta's FF had enough power to kill Cell without him going USSJ, then surely SS Vegeta's FF would've been enough to kill Android 18 , considering she's wayyyy weaker than Perfect Cell or even Semi-Perfect.
My best guess is that he developed that technique during his training in the Hyperbolic Time Chamber.

The second one is about the mirai (Future) Vegeta vs mirai 18 and 17. This is the timeline that Future Trunks comes from. We know that the Androids killed Vegeta and that Vegeta was a Super Saiyan. So my question is , if Vegeta was going to die anyway, why didn't he use the Final Explosion? It was enough to OBLITERATE Fat Buu to smithereens, and fat buu was 2-3,5x as strong as him. Mirai Androids weren't nearly that much stronger than him and it's a guaranteed kill seeing as they can't regenerate.He'd have saved everyone and took the victory from the Androids.
They may not have let him do that, afterall it does take its time to gather all the energy. Remember that the Androids in Trunks' timeline are way more ruthless than the ones in our timeline. Or he simply didn't have that "I have to protect my family" mentality back then.

The final question is about ASSJ Vegeta vs PC. Trunks thought Vegeta couldn't go USSJ and that he has surpassed him,but it is later implied that Vegeta could have went USSJ and simply avoided it because the loss of speed. So my question is why didn't Vegeta go USSJ and use the final explosion killing Cell in the process?
Share your thoughts!
Same as with the Andorids in the future. Also after Cell regenerated from his Final Flash, Vegeta was in a state of shock so he couldn't think straight.

Venomous Cobra

Legendary
Kin
4💸
Kumi
0💴
Trait Points
0⚔️
Awards
Simply because the vegeta that fought A18 was way weaker than majin vegeta that fought buu and used final flash, therefore his attacks will also be weaker based on his "power level"It's highly likely that his final flash wouldn't do that much damage to A18 at that point of the story.

And about USSJ vegeta like he said didn't use it because it effects the overall speed meaning that cell could've blitzed him before even finishing the attack Lol

(My memory may not serve me right with this since it's been a long time since I watched DBZ)

Last edited:

Ken Kaneki

Veteran
Kin
0💸
Kumi
0💴
Trait Points
0⚔️
1) I think he mastered FF in Hyperbolic Time Chamber
2 &3 He did that for Bulma and Trunks. His realisation came only in Buu saga not earlier.

Itachi 4 life

Regular
Kin
0💸
Kumi
0💴
Trait Points
0⚔️
Simply because the vegeta that fought A18 was way weaker than majin vegeta that fought buu and used final flash, therefore his attacks will also be weaker based on his "power level"It's highly likely that his final flash wouldn't do that much damage to A18 at that point of the story.

And about USSJ vegeta like he said didn't use it because it effects the overall speed meaning that cell could've blitzed him before even finishing the attack Lol
Yeah, and Android 18 isn't at all weaker than Fat Buu&Perfect cell, in fact she's much stronger than both of them. Android 18 >Whis

My best guess is that he developed that technique during his training in the Hyperbolic Time Chamber.

They may not have let him do that, afterall it does take its time to gather all the energy. Remember that the Androids in Trunks' timeline are way more ruthless than the ones in our timeline. Or he simply didn't have that "I have to protect my family" mentality back then.

Same as with the Andorids in the future. Also after Cell regenerated from his Final Flash, Vegeta was in a state of shock so he couldn't think straight.
You make valid points, but about #3 and #2. Why didn't Vegeta outright go USSJ and charge the Final Explosion without even considering FF? Cell was cocky AF, he would've tried to tank his final explosion.

And for the mirai Androids, I don't have any canon proof , but I think that the final explosion adds some sort of a shield or a protective barrier around you so the enemy doesn't rek you. Otherwise Buu would've killed Vegeta.

Dr Gilgamesh

Veteran
Kin
0💸
Kumi
0💴
Trait Points
0⚔️
You make valid points, but about #3 and #2. Why didn't Vegeta outright go USSJ and charge the Final Explosion without even considering FF? Cell was cocky AF, he would've tried to tank his final explosion.
Vegeta thought that Final Flash was enough to kill Cell. Otherwise he wouldn't have been so shocked after seeing that Cell survived it. Of course he won't use a suicide maneuver like Final Explosion if he doesn't think he has to.

And for the mirai Androids, I don't have any canon proof , but I think that the final explosion adds some sort of a shield or a protective barrier around you so the enemy doesn't rek you. Otherwise Buu would've killed Vegeta.
I just checked my old DB volumes and I know what you mean, but it's just his Ki gathering around him. The only reason Buu didn't kill him is because he is, to be quite frank, an idiot, lol.

Itachi 4 life

Regular
Kin
0💸
Kumi
0💴
Trait Points
0⚔️
Vegeta thought that Final Flash was enough to kill Cell. Otherwise he wouldn't have been so shocked after seeing that Cell survived it. Of course he won't use a suicide maneuver like Final Explosion if he doesn't think he has to.

I just checked my old DB volumes and I know what you mean, but it's just his Ki gathering around him. The only reason Buu didn't kill him is because he is, to be quite frank, an idiot, lol.
The thing is, in the anime it takes a long time for him to charge the final explosion. But in the manga , it was almost instantaneous , to me it even seems that Boo tried to stop Vegeta. I guess it'll just never be explained as it isn't relevant to the current story :/

And if I recall, FF was enough to kill PC, but Cell saw how powerful the attack was and tried to dodge in the last second.

You must be registered for see images

Last edited: