A new contest

Rikodou

Kin
0💸
Kumi
0💴
Trait Points
0⚔️
I was just hanging around with my camera the other day and i had an idea.
Why not create a weekly/fortnightly photography contest(non edit) with a suggested general theme.
There should be more than enough people interested in photography in a site with so many members.:D
Credits: *********** forums used to hold them but since they got canceled i thought this would be a better idea.xdxd

Thank you for your time.

Reactions: Sydd

-Logic-

Legendary
Kin
0💸
Kumi
0💴
Trait Points
0⚔️
What if people take photographs from other parts of the internet and the Mods/Admins do not know whether they did or not?

Rikodou

Kin
0💸
Kumi
0💴
Trait Points
0⚔️
Good idea

But there may be a lot of stealing
thats true...but i just had an idea which would avoid most of the casual thiefs(not the highly devoted ones though.)

The idea is that a user while submitting his photo also givehis camera details...(clarity,zoom etc).
The details(mainly clarity) on the picture can be cross-checked to see if it matches with which he provided. If it does he is either true or extremely careful being false..

xlilyx

Veteran
Kin
0💸
Kumi
0💴
Trait Points
0⚔️
Awards
Interesting idea, I like it. ^_^ But as S and God Of The Uchiha have said above, people might not even do it because there can be people who will steal. But good thinking. :)

Rikodou

Kin
0💸
Kumi
0💴
Trait Points
0⚔️
Interesting idea, I like it. ^_^ But as S and God Of The Uchiha have said above, people might not even do it because there can be people who will steal. But good thinking. :)
i suggested an idea for the stealing...
but then eventually every almost every contest over the internet has a problem of stealing by a hardcore group who are dedicated to stealing..

Yugure

Elite
Kin
0💸
Kumi
0💴
Trait Points
0⚔️
Awards
Seems nice, but I agree with the fact that there will be a lot of stealing... And there are already quite a lot of contests out there, I don't think it will happen.

Oh, and what you said with the details... I love taking pictures, but I don't know a shit about zoom, clarity etcetera...

Kronos

Veteran
Kin
0💸
Kumi
0💴
Trait Points
0⚔️
What if people take photographs from other parts of the internet and the Mods/Admins do not know whether they did or not?
if you upload it to a sharing website, like flickr and search for the image via google, you can choose to find duplicate images by clicking ' more sizes '

good idea, but you would need to run a application through one of the administrators

Rikodou

Kin
0💸
Kumi
0💴
Trait Points
0⚔️
if you upload it to a sharing website, like flickr and search for the image via google, you can choose to find duplicate images by clicking ' more sizes '

good idea, but you would need to run a application through one of the administrators
but i think first a moderator will have to look at this thread..or should i msg one of them the link???

Yugure

Elite
Kin
0💸
Kumi
0💴
Trait Points
0⚔️
Awards
but i think first a moderator will have to look at this thread..or should i msg one of them the link???
Don't link them, one of them will have a look at this thread soon, and will leave their opinion (probably Caliburn, since he is the one that takes care of the contests...)