Serpent

Legendary
Kin
6,188💸
Kumi
39,603💴
Trait Points
0⚔️
Alright so I just gotta learn about Senjutsu and Imperfect Sage Mode. (in Inventory) I also have Perfect Sage Mode in my Inventory but that will be submitted for my Legendary Contract once it's approved. I don't know if we need to go over anything for Perfect Sage Mode so I'll follow your lead.

Alyx

Supreme
Kin
805💸
Kumi
1,385💴
Trait Points
80⚔️
Welcome to Senjutsu Training 101, I am your host Mirai the 4th. This will be a pretty brief training but I will still do my best to teach you in the art of Senjutsu. Now as for your question, I'll be teaching you Perfect Sage Mode but using the one of the canon version simply as a substitute, since in most cases they are all pretty much the same with a few differences. Anyways, let's sater with the usual question, what is Sage Mode? What is Senjutsu and Natural Energy? Talk to me about becoming a Sage. Afterwards I'll be filling in any information you might have missed or misinformed about possibly.

• Love
Reactions: System001

Serpent

Legendary
Kin
6,188💸
Kumi
39,603💴
Trait Points
0⚔️
Welcome to Senjutsu Training 101, I am your host Mirai the 4th. This will be a pretty brief training but I will still do my best to teach you in the art of Senjutsu. Now as for your question, I'll be teaching you Perfect Sage Mode but using the one of the canon version simply as a substitute, since in most cases they are all pretty much the same with a few differences. Anyways, let's sater with the usual question, what is Sage Mode? What is Senjutsu and Natural Energy? Talk to me about becoming a Sage. Afterwards I'll be filling in any information you might have missed or misinformed about possibly.
Alright sounds good.

Nature Energy: As the name suggests, Nature Energy is the natural energy that flows through the world. It exists all around us and is viewed as being neutral to elemental Ninjutsu.

Senjutsu: Absorbing Nature Energy and mixing it with owns own chakra forms Senjutsu. With the proper balance you can enhance yourself entering into the state of Sage Mode. Other beings have been seen to use Senjutsu in other unique ways as well. Orochimaru used it to create his Kinjutsu technique "Curse Seal" that floods the body with Senjutsu for enhancement. Juugo's Clan also was the inspiration for the Curse Seal, using Senjutsu in a similar manor. Lastly the Otsutsuki clan gains Senjutsu though the use of their Divine Tree's. Consuming the Chakra Fruit on a conquest to become Gods.

Sage Mode: As previously stated, when someone absorbs Nature Energy from their surroundings and mixes it in with their chakra, with the proper balance to form Senjutsu. They will enter a state called Sage Mode that gives a series of enhancements. First it allows the user to sense the world around them enhancing their tracking ability as well as their speed and reflexes. The users power output also is enhanced, depending on the mode the users Ninjutsu, Taijutsu or both are increased.

Alyx

Supreme
Kin
805💸
Kumi
1,385💴
Trait Points
80⚔️
Good, now let me just fill in a bit on my part because I apparently love to run my mouth (GF said this to be today, sad times). Right so let’s start with the most fundamental thing about all these, Natural Energy. As it’s name sake points out, it’s a mythical force of energy the exists in the world around us. Normally it is impossible to sense or interact with it, but overtime shinobi has developed skills or naturally adept at sensing this existing force. That’s what you mentioned of course, Jugo and his clan’s Kekkai Genkai being the most prominent of this or the Curse Seals Orochimaru places on his test subjects. Natural Energy is a raw and savage energy, which means it’s actually a bit inferior to it’s brother, Senjutsu. Now when you mix chakra and Natural Energy together, it with a perfect balance, creates Senjutsu or Sage Arts. Now Sage Arts is the ninjutsu of weaponizing Natural Energy but this comes in various forms, as per mentioned. The true form of it comes from those who has trained in order to utilize the Senjutsu to physically enhance their bodies, nourishing it with the powerful force of energy. Once the balance of spiritual, physical and NE are mixed appropriately, the user is capable of attaining Sage Mode.

Sage Mode is normally learned in two ways, the first is through the Senjutsu Sages of one’s contract, such as Pa and Ma or the White Snake Sage from Ryuchi Cave or if your name is Hashirama and has BS Wood Release. These animals would then train the individual in the ways of Sage Mode. The most important aspect is first learning how to sense Senjutsu and feel it’s presence. Over time once you start to be able to detect it, you start to practice pulling the energy into your body. Methods will vary of course with how we seen Naruto drained with. And once you attain the perfect balance, you’re capable of utilizing Sage Mode and Senjutsu. Failing to balance it properly will lead you into turning into the animal of your contract briefly and if the Senjutsu isn’t remove, you’ll be turned to stone. While in Sage Mode, all you’re ninjutsu, genjutsu and taijutsu are amplified – making all of them more powerful than before. The use can also weaponize Natural Energy in its raw form without needing chakra. Such cases would be when Naruto used Frog Kata in order to increase the range of his taijutsu, not needing to make physical contact in order to punch the path.

Senjutsu allows you to also make some pretty…unique techniques. Hashirama for instance can just whimsically call forth on these giant ass gates from the skies to fall and seal the Juubi. You can make some pretty nice customs with Sage Mode itself. Just be careful not to overdo it. Anyways, just a bit of cool stuff to mention before we get into the actual techniques. While in SM, all you’re ninjutsu loses their S&W, becoming Neutral to All. It’s one of the few fields that can counter Yin, Yang and Yin – Yang directly, making it a pretty viable choice. It grants animalistic anatomy, which we’ll go over next. SM is just overall one of my favorites, and I think there’s still a lot of room you can do with it.

Anyways, any questions or anything else interesting you’d like to mention before we begin?

Alyx

Supreme
Kin
805💸
Kumi
1,385💴
Trait Points
80⚔️
Nope that about covers all I needed to know for now. I'm ready to continue.
Right then, let’s carry into the first of the two. Imperfect Sage Mode, is essentially an incomplete version of Sage Mode activation. How this is achieved is pretty the same as one mediating to gather the Senjutsu energy. Now while you might have completed in gathering it and adding it into you’re body, there’s still something wrong. It’s basically you’re lack of control over the mode, per say. A flaw within maintaining it which causes you to have a very weaker former of Sage Mode. Now of course, you’re still pretty powerful but it comes at the cost of some of the perks of Perfect Sage Mode – such as damage reductions, higher damage output etc. In this version as well, you gain more animalistic traits in comparison though it’s been seen even with Perfect Sage Mode this is also the case (will touch on that later). Now then I shall explain the conversion ratio of how Sage Mode works. So, let’s say I have 3000 chakra as my base amount. I start gathering it which, by the end of my turn if I’m not interrupted will generate 300 Sage Chakra. Now the next turn, the initial 10% will turn into 20% which is another 300 onto the first, making the total now 600 Sage Chakra etc. You basically keep adding 10% of your max chakra amount each turn. Now remember, you cannot utilize any form of Ninjutsu while meditating or else your concentration will be broken and poof, turn into stone, unless you activate the mode with whatever you’ve gathered. Anyways, let’s look at the technique and see if anything stand out to you or you might have questions about.

( Fukanzen Sennin Modo ) - Imperfect Sage Mode
Type: Mode
Range: N/a
Chakra: N/A ( -10 turn to sustain )
Damage: N/A (Active +20 Damage to all Ninjutsu and Taijutsu up to S-Rank)
Description: An empowered state of body achieved by blending natural energy with one’s physical and spiritual energy. The mode heightens performance on all levels by adding a new dimension of power to the user’s chakra. The state is a direct result of Senjutsu chakra circulating through the body. To enter this form, a minimum of 10% of the user’s maximum chakra reserve must be moulded into Senjutsu chakra, all subsequent technique employ Senjutsu chakra until the minimum cost (-10/turn) cannot be paid to sustain the mode. The user is able to reduce 20 damage from damage for the duration of this technique. The user is able to passively sense chakra and his/her perception and reflexes are enhanced by x2. Their ninjutsu and strength increases, empowering taijutsu and other close range physical combat techniques by +20. Additionally, Genjutsu cast by the user are empowered requiring the opponent to use Genjutsu release, of one rank higher than what is normally required (Effective on Genjutsu up to B rank). Lastly, the user gains access to contract-specific anatomical features and other physical feats granted by Sage mode.
Note: Usable twice per battle . Must wait 2 turns before using this technique again. Perfect Sages can use either perfect or imperfect form thrice with a delay of 1 turn between modes.
Note: Imperfect Sages can convert a maximum of 30% of their total chakra reserve. Perfect Sages can convert a maximum of 40% of their total chakra reserve.
You must be registered for see images

Please note that this is the “generic” ISM canon that can be used with any contract, canon or custom though Snake and Toads have their own I believe. You can also make your own custom ISM CJ if you’d like but that’s just a waste of a slot, IMO at least. Anyways, so yea what do you think? Any questions?

Serpent

Legendary
Kin
6,188💸
Kumi
39,603💴
Trait Points
0⚔️
Right then, let’s carry into the first of the two. Imperfect Sage Mode, is essentially an incomplete version of Sage Mode activation. How this is achieved is pretty the same as one mediating to gather the Senjutsu energy. Now while you might have completed in gathering it and adding it into you’re body, there’s still something wrong. It’s basically you’re lack of control over the mode, per say. A flaw within maintaining it which causes you to have a very weaker former of Sage Mode. Now of course, you’re still pretty powerful but it comes at the cost of some of the perks of Perfect Sage Mode – such as damage reductions, higher damage output etc. In this version as well, you gain more animalistic traits in comparison though it’s been seen even with Perfect Sage Mode this is also the case (will touch on that later). Now then I shall explain the conversion ratio of how Sage Mode works. So, let’s say I have 3000 chakra as my base amount. I start gathering it which, by the end of my turn if I’m not interrupted will generate 300 Sage Chakra. Now the next turn, the initial 10% will turn into 20% which is another 300 onto the first, making the total now 600 Sage Chakra etc. You basically keep adding 10% of your max chakra amount each turn. Now remember, you cannot utilize any form of Ninjutsu while meditating or else your concentration will be broken and poof, turn into stone, unless you activate the mode with whatever you’ve gathered. Anyways, let’s look at the technique and see if anything stand out to you or you might have questions about.

( Fukanzen Sennin Modo ) - Imperfect Sage Mode
Chakra: N/A ( -10 turn to sustain )
Damage: N/A (Active +20 Damage to all Ninjutsu and Taijutsu up to S-Rank)
Description: An empowered state of body achieved by blending natural energy with one’s physical and spiritual energy. The mode heightens performance on all levels by adding a new dimension of power to the user’s chakra. The state is a direct result of Senjutsu chakra circulating through the body. To enter this form, a minimum of 10% of the user’s maximum chakra reserve must be moulded into Senjutsu chakra, all subsequent technique employ Senjutsu chakra until the minimum cost (-10/turn) cannot be paid to sustain the mode. The user is able to reduce 20 damage from damage for the duration of this technique. The user is able to passively sense chakra and his/her perception and reflexes are enhanced by x2. Their ninjutsu and strength increases, empowering taijutsu and other close range physical combat techniques by +20. Additionally, Genjutsu cast by the user are empowered requiring the opponent to use Genjutsu release, of one rank higher than what is normally required (Effective on Genjutsu up to B rank). Lastly, the user gains access to contract-specific anatomical features and other physical feats granted by Sage mode.
Note: Usable twice per battle . Must wait 2 turns before using this technique again. Perfect Sages can use either perfect or imperfect form thrice with a delay of 1 turn between modes.
Note: Imperfect Sages can convert a maximum of 30% of their total chakra reserve. Perfect Sages can convert a maximum of 40% of their total chakra reserve.
You must be registered for see images

Please note that this is the “generic” ISM canon that can be used with any contract, canon or custom though Snake and Toads have their own I believe. You can also make your own custom ISM CJ if you’d like but that’s just a waste of a slot, IMO at least. Anyways, so yea what do you think? Any questions?
Yeah I don't see the point in making a another ISM since it waste's a slot. This one covers anything you'd need for Imperfect SM anyway.

I do have one question. I remember a convo in the Discord awhile back when someone was using Sage Mode (this was back in the Tiamat era.) and I believe it was LOK who said that Once you focus 10% of your chakra into Senjutsu, either though meditation or instant activation, that you enter sage mode, and if meditating then you can continue to meditate gathering more Senjutsu per turn there after.. Is this still the case? It would make since because in the series when Naruto would begin focusing senjutsu he'd enter the mode and continue to meditate to build more Senjutsu.

Alyx

Supreme
Kin
805💸
Kumi
1,385💴
Trait Points
80⚔️
Yeah I don't see the point in making a another ISM since it waste's a slot. This one covers anything you'd need for Imperfect SM anyway.

I do have one question. I remember a convo in the Discord awhile back when someone was using Sage Mode (this was back in the Tiamat era.) and I believe it was LOK who said that Once you focus 10% of your chakra into Senjutsu, either though meditation or instant activation, that you enter sage mode, and if meditating then you can continue to meditate gathering more Senjutsu per turn there after.. Is this still the case? It would make since because in the series when Naruto would begin focusing senjutsu he'd enter the mode and continue to meditate to build more Senjutsu.
Hmm, looking back at the manga and anime scenes this morning, you’re right. He was in Sage Mode, but of course – still needing to properly meditate to gather more and properly balance it out. So it would leave you wide open if you try it mid fight lmao. Another thing I should note that I saw a lot of people missed when it came to SM too. The chakra you convert into Sage Chakra, is actually subtracted from your regular pool. So if you got 3k, gather 1000 into Sage Chakra, your main pool of chakra is now at 2000. That’s something a lot of people I noticed over the years didn’t do and just thought you magically kept the chakra you converted into Sage Chakra lmao. Anyways I hope that covers your question up.

Serpent

Legendary
Kin
6,188💸
Kumi
39,603💴
Trait Points
0⚔️
Hmm, looking back at the manga and anime scenes this morning, you’re right. He was in Sage Mode, but of course – still needing to properly meditate to gather more and properly balance it out. So it would leave you wide open if you try it mid fight lmao. Another thing I should note that I saw a lot of people missed when it came to SM too. The chakra you convert into Sage Chakra, is actually subtracted from your regular pool. So if you got 3k, gather 1000 into Sage Chakra, your main pool of chakra is now at 2000. That’s something a lot of people I noticed over the years didn’t do and just thought you magically kept the chakra you converted into Sage Chakra lmao. Anyways I hope that covers your question up.
Yeah it wouldn't make since for you to somehow keep the chakra you spent mixing into Senjutsu lol.. Yeah i'm ready to continue.

Alyx

Supreme
Kin
805💸
Kumi
1,385💴
Trait Points
80⚔️
Right so now that we’ve gone over the Imperfect Sage Mode, we’ll briefly touch on the Perfect Sage Mode. Once again I’ll be using the canon Toad version of it since it’s the most known one. Here’s the technique; I want you to tell me the difference between it and the Imperfect Sage Mode, if you can that is. Afterwards we’ll talk about it a bit more and that should do for you’re Senjutsu training.

( Kanpekinanin Gama Sennin Modo ) - Perfect Toad Sage Mode
Chakra cost: N/A ( -10 turn to sustain )
Damage Points: Active + 30 damage to all ninjutsu and taijutsu up to S rank
Description: An empowered state of body achieved by blending natural energy with one’s physical and spiritual energy. The mode heightens performance on all levels by adding a new dimension of power to the user’s chakra. The state is a direct result of Senjutsu chakra circulating through the body. To enter this form, a minimum of 10% of the user’s maximum chakra reserve must be moulded into Senjutsu chakra, all subsequent technique employ Senjutsu chakra until the minimum cost (-10/turn) cannot be paid to sustain the mode. The user is resistant to damage, reducing 30 damage from all techniques and can heal (for 10 damage per turn) for the duration of this technique. The user is able to passively sense chakra and his/her perception and reflexes are enhanced by x3. Their strength increases, empowering Taijutsu techniques and Ninjutsu by +30. Additionally, Genjutsu cast by the user are empowered requiring the opponent to use Genjutsu release, of one rank higher than what is normally required. Lastly, the user gains access to toad anatomy, Sage Art: Frog Kata and other physical feats granted by Sage mode.
Note: Usable thrice per battle by Perfect Sages only. Must wait 1 turn before using this technique again. Once per battle, the user is able to instantly activate Sage mode, with 10% of their maximum chakra reserve as Senjutsu Chakra.
Note: Perfect Sages can convert a maximum of 40% of their total chakra reserve.

Serpent

Legendary
Kin
6,188💸
Kumi
39,603💴
Trait Points
0⚔️
PSM costs the same to sustain but has a higher damage value, damage resistance, speed and tracking. ISM only boosts genjutsu up to B-rank. PSM also has a healing factor and can be used three times per battle vs the two times ISM can be used. (unless you have perfect sage. PSM also has an instant activation.

My question is about the note on ISM.

"Perfect Sages can use either perfect or imperfect form thrice with a delay of 1 turn between modes."

Does this mean the use of ISM also counts as a usage for PSM?

Alyx

Supreme
Kin
805💸
Kumi
1,385💴
Trait Points
80⚔️
PSM costs the same to sustain but has a higher damage value, damage resistance, speed and tracking. ISM only boosts genjutsu up to B-rank. PSM also has a healing factor and can be used three times per battle vs the two times ISM can be used. (unless you have perfect sage. PSM also has an instant activation.

My question is about the note on ISM.

"Perfect Sages can use either perfect or imperfect form thrice with a delay of 1 turn between modes."

Does this mean the use of ISM also counts as a usage for PSM?
Hmm judging by the wording of the technique, it doesn't consume a usage of PSM but rather its a general usage limitation. Meaning you can enter into SM, regardless if its ISM or PSM only three times per battle. However you can still only go into ISM twice per battle which means of the three times you can enter SM, only twice of those times can be in ISM where as PSM you can enter it thrice within those three times per battle limitation.

Reactions: Serpent

Serpent

Legendary
Kin
6,188💸
Kumi
39,603💴
Trait Points
0⚔️
Hmm judging by the wording of the technique, it doesn't consume a usage of PSM but rather its a general usage limitation. Meaning you can enter into SM, regardless if its ISM or PSM only three times per battle. However you can still only go into ISM twice per battle which means of the three times you can enter SM, only twice of those times can be in ISM where as PSM you can enter it thrice within those three times per battle limitation.
Alright sounds good. Re-reading it I'd agree with that assessment. I have no other questions.

Alyx

Supreme
Kin
805💸
Kumi
1,385💴
Trait Points
80⚔️
Alright sounds good. Re-reading it I'd agree with that assessment. I have no other questions.
Well, I think that covers anything to do with Senjutsu. This doesn't cover any specific Sage Arts however like the Toad Sage Arts etc, that would have to be learned of course. Anyways, thanks for choosing Mirai's teaching services, sponsored by Tsumigakure Education Department. And with that, I'm out!

Reactions: Serpent