[Discussion] A good person vs a great person.

Chikombo

Elite
Kin
9,371💸
Kumi
1,003💴
Trait Points
0⚔️
Awards
I believe people at some point, needs to choose between this, that either you want to pursue being a good person or you want to pursue being a great person, but you can't have both.

What I mean is not that great people are to be admired or that there is a definitive set of beliefs to be a good person, or that great people are all criminals.

What I mean is that people who pursue a big career, people who wanna "win" at life, people who wanna be prestigious and remembered.

They can easily lose themselves for this sake, I believe Itachi was a great person, but not a good person.

I think people who wants big things in life they need to sacrifice their stabitlity in life, and risk chaos, they need to lose friends and family for the sake of their career.

I think alot of famous people are messed up in their heads. And that's probably why people keep saying popular entertainment is bad for kids, like it's satanic or something.

I think mr Trump was a great person. But I think he just wanted to win, he didn't fight for a certain platform he thought was important, he didn't have some ideal he believed in, he didn't want to be a "good " president, or a normal president, he just wanted to WIN the presidency.

Which he did, so he will always be rememberd as a historical figure, I think Stalin was a great person,
but not a good person.

I think alot of these figures will always be remembered as big and powerful.

But I think some people would rather have a normal stable, decent life with friends and family than try to get huge success in life and make an impact.

This is not wrong in any way, people who will never be remembered but still they are good people.

I think others want to try to be great people, but they run the risk of being trash people too.

Cus like take away Trump's presidency or his fame and money, dafuq does he have?

Take away some famous singer's songs, and what do they have? They just act like weirdoes.

So my question is, what is your goal between being a stable decent smart, "good" person.

Or some messed up "great" person?

Cus I think people can make certain choices in life, I don't know it comes down to personality or something but like, if you could choose what is you, what would you rather be and have????

YowYan

Legendary
Kin
1,244💸
Kumi
0💴
Trait Points
0⚔️
Awards
If you could have fame and success but not be right in the head vs being nameless and forgotten but a stable decent admirable figure, what would you choose?
I would have went for nameless and forgotten. I couldn't care less for fame. Decency and what I leave behind is more important than selling my soul for riches and fame

Reactions: Chikombo

Chikombo

Elite
Kin
9,371💸
Kumi
1,003💴
Trait Points
0⚔️
Awards
I would have went for nameless and forgotten. I couldn't care less for fame. Decency and what I leave behind is more important than selling my soul for riches and fame
I mean your family would still remember you of course, I think some people want that and others want differently. Both have pros and cons.
And like you would still make impressions with people close, I would rather be related to someone unkown but that I admire than someone famous that is an idiot.

YowYan

Legendary
Kin
1,244💸
Kumi
0💴
Trait Points
0⚔️
Awards
I mean your family would still remember you of course, I think some people want that and others want differently. Both have pros and cons.
And like you would still make impressions with people close, I would rather be related to someone unkown but that I admire than someone famous that is an idiot.
I think the desire for fame is a desire for the feeble-minded. And, yes, sometimes I check myself when daydreaming of a situation in which I'd be a famous animal rights activist, but this with the motivation to spread the word like Joaquin Phoenix. Not Kardashian famous.

Premfection

Veteran
Kin
1,575💸
Kumi
8,090💴
Trait Points
0⚔️
Awards
I'm completely fine being the 'little guy', I dont have to make any big change to the world or do anything major in my life.
I dont really have any huge aspirations besides stuff like financial stability, good health and friends/family.