Booker

Elite
Kin
0💸
Kumi
0💴
Trait Points
0⚔️
I'm sure by now, you've noticed my name. If not, you have now. Now, you're assumption may be that I'm a fanboy, but let me assure you, I am not. I put Itachi exactly where I think he deserves to be based off what I've seen, same as any character. Thing is, people are too afraid these days to really break down Itachi and show what he's capable of, since they'll be labeled as "fanboy". Well, I'm going to try and make a logical and much needed case for this hax and broken character; Itachi.

Itachi is in fact sitting at my number 5 spot in the top ten, behind (in order) Hashirama, Madara, Rinnegan Obito, and Nagato. You may agree or disagree, but keep in mind it's my opinion based off what I've seen from him.

So let's start. I'm going to be breaking down Itachi's abilities, weapons, strengths, and weaknesses. Please have the patience to read. Thanks!

Abilities/Techniques

Itachi is one of the most balanced shinobi we've seen in the series. He's proficient in all fields (Genjutsu, Ninjutsu, Taijutsu) and one could argue he's even beyond proficient in all 3.

Obviously, when looking at his genjutsu, it's second to none. You could say Shisui, but since he has next to no screen time, Itachi is the best consistent user of Genjutsu in the Manga. Tsukuyomi, Finger Genjutsu, Body Genjutsu, Crow Genjutsu... The guy is a Genjutsu expert. Fighting and opponent you can't even look at is, obviously, ridiculously difficult.

You must be registered for see images

His Ninjutsu could almost be seen as just impressive. Amaterasu, Susano'o, Wide Variety of Fire Style, Shuriken Jutsu, Body Flicker (to a degree), and crow clones are incredibly useful and provide an array of strategies. Susano'o is extremely formidable. If he gets in a tight spot, Susano'o can be put up in a matter of miliseconds.

Then we have his Taijutsu, which while it is his most unimpressive, is still proficient. A bloodlusted Itachi (controlled by Kabuto) was able to spar with a KCM Naruto. That should speak for itself.

Weapons

Just as every shinobi has their tools, Itachi has his own he is more than proficient with.

When considering shuriken, Itachi's skill surpasses most; It's been mentioned multiple times throughout the series that his shuriken jutsu is extremely impressive. A great example is when Itachi managed to blind a Rinnegan user, with nothing but advanced shuriken skill.

However, moving on to his more impressive tools. I'm talking of course, about Yata Mirror and Totsuka Blade.

Yata Mirror is one of those things that puts Itachi in the Top 5 for me. Yata Mirror was stated by Madara's Will to be invincible. Now, considering Madara would more than know what he's talking about and we have seen nothing to suggest otherwise, Yata Mirror IS invincible. True, Itachi himself stated every jutsu has it's weakness. Thing is, this isn't a jutsu. It's a spiritual weapon.

Totsuka Blade, while not as formidable, is impressive nonetheless. We've never actually seen it stab moving target, but common sense suggests that it can be used as an actual sword for swiping and killing targets. A sword of that speed and magnitude is not to be messed with.

Strengths

I realize this is getting lengthy, so I'll try to condense these next parts.

Itachi has been portrayed as one of the most intelligent and tactically superior shinobis in the series. When it comes to planning ahead, figuring out weakness, and creating strategies, Itachi is rivaled by few, such as Minato.

Itachi's intelligence is another defining quality that puts him in my top 5. Yata Mirror, coupled with his intelligence, gives him time to formulate strategies to defeat his opponents. Even without Yata Mirror, Itachi has enough speed and reaction time to avoid most attacks without expending very much chakra. His intelligence wins him battles, of course with his massive array of techniques and weapons.

His ability to keep a calm and cool head under pressure is one shared by many other shinobi, but in his hands with his intelligence, it's a deadly tool.

Another spectacular ability is his ability to read opponents and make descisions based off that; reading into an opponent and figuring out their next move is invaluable to him. Even Kabuto regarded it as one of Itachi's greatest skills.

When it comes to his jutsu, a massive advantage he has is his handseal speed- arguably the most impressive in the series. Kakashi and Sasuke, both masters of the 3-tomoe, couldn't even keep up with his handseal speed. The ability to cast a jutsu without your opponent knowing what it will be is extremely useful.

That being said...

Weaknesses

He has none.

I kid, I kid. Itachi's main weakness, that next to everyone knows, is his low chakra reserves. Thanks to a mysterious disease he is afflicted with, Itachi's chakra pools have diminished over the years.

This low stamina provides a counter to his OP techniques. Susano'o, Amaterasu, etc., will sap him of his chakra if he uses them too early or too much.

However, as stated before, Itachi is not a moron. He knows he has low chakra reserves, and knows he must not squander them. Itachi will make great use of his chakra, at key turning points in battle.

A misconception about his battle with Sasuke is that Itachi lost because he ran out of chakra and stamina, and died of exhaustion. While it's true that's how he died, people forget how he actually got to that point. Obito flat out stated afterwards that if Itachi had wanted, Sasuke would be dead. The whole thing was a show; Itachi was spamming techs to dwindle his chakra to make it appear as if Sasuke has beaten him legitametly. In reality, Itachi wasn't challenged by Sasuke.

Conclusion

So there you have it. That's my whole discussion. Hopefully I managed to convince you Itachi is at least top ten; he should at least be credited that.

I was just trying to say about Itachi what I think a lot of people neglect due to fanboys.

Thanks for reading!

Last edited:
Reactions: Omega and Shura

Lilt

Veteran
Kin
0💸
Kumi
0💴
Trait Points
0⚔️
I'd say about number eight is fair, give or take a spot for his unknown mass/controlling genjutsu and the limitations of his legendary items.

Dantee

Kin
0💸
Kumi
343💴
Trait Points
0⚔️
Awards
Hmm you covered most of his abilities and without wanking them I applaud you for that. You should also add to his strengths his ability to read his opponents easily like Kabuto describe. Also you forgot about his unmatched handseals speed that even Kakashi of the sharigan and Sasuke who mastered the 3 tomoe couldn't see.

Omega

Legendary
Kin
49💸
Kumi
16💴
Trait Points
0⚔️
Awards
When i first saw you i thought you were a Minato fan. LOL, anyway he could be top ten a lot of people try to take him down cuz fanbase (including myself srry its a reaction). I think Sasuke challenged him until the point of Susano'o. He didnt have a counter for Kirin but yea i agree Sasuke would be dead. You actually tried to use reasoning instead of going SOLO KING, YATA, SOLO KING, TOTSUKA, so ill give you a break

Reactions: Booker

Booker

Elite
Kin
0💸
Kumi
0💴
Trait Points
0⚔️
Hmm you covered most of his abilities and without wanking them I applaud you for that. You should also add to his strengths his ability to read his opponents easily like Kabuto describe. Also you forgot about his unmatched handseals speed that even Kakashi of the sharigan and Sasuke who mastered the 3 tomoe couldn't see.
Excellent suggestion.

slaton02

Veteran
Kin
0💸
Kumi
0💴
Trait Points
0⚔️
This guy says Itachi has no weakness.....Itachi fanboys are just plain retarded, I used to think they were jokes but now they're just retarded.If Itachi is top 10 it's at 9-10 maybe at best. 9-15 is Itachi's spot don't get it twisted.

I seen you talk about his chakra but that's not the point, stop with the fanboyism plz for the love of god Minato and Itachi fans makes NB hard to log on to.

Last edited:

Booker

Elite
Kin
0💸
Kumi
0💴
Trait Points
0⚔️
This guy says Itachi has no weakness.....Itachi fanboys are just plain retarded, I used to think they were jokes but now they're just retarded.If Itachi is top 10 it's at 9-10 maybe at best. 9-15 is Itachi's spot don't get it twisted.
I'm sorry, did you miss the whole section about Itachi's weakness I wrote?

AlphaScythian

Legendary
Kin
90💸
Kumi
51💴
Trait Points
0⚔️
Nice summary.

About HAX jutsu.
Sharingan: zoom ability up to nano sizes would give long range vision.
Amaterasu, instantly manifested at focal point.

Combine the 2 and he Solos Everything in sight from miles away.
Now ppl will scream fanboy etc...Now hold on...
Its manga fact that an MS user can pretty much last 2 big fights b4 going totally blind. Ability to solo anything is very costly, unlike BM spamming naruto for whole long uzumaki life.

But since here on forum he is always healthy lol, Itachi Solos :p