Scorps

Supreme
Kin
613💸
Kumi
408💴
Trait Points
0⚔️
So, 9 years ago, I started chatting with someone on NB (now AnimeBase). We RPed, we chatted about random stuff, he trained me, I trained him, etc etc. Not long after we became close friends and have been friends ever since. Even after both of us became less active in the forums, we still kept in touch regularly. Despite having skyped eachother some times and voice chatted, we had never met face to face. I live in Portugal and he lives in Belgium. That guy is Wesobi.​
Well, I'm glad to say that, after 9 years, we finally met face to face. And despite being the first time, it was almost as if we did it regularly. Friendship is trully something special. And the virtual world and the internet as a whole has allowed these new kinds of friendships to happen. And they are as real and as deep and as important as any other.​
If I brought with me anything from my years active in this place it was that...friends. And the memories we shared. Yes, its cheesy... but its true!​
You must be registered for see images
Lets hope it doesn't take another 9 years @Wesobi !!!!!​

Skorm

ιn ѕιlιco
Elite
Kin
10,956💸
Kumi
81,693💴
Trait Points
0⚔️
Awards
So, 9 years ago, I started chatting with someone on NB (now AnimeBase). We RPed, we chatted about random stuff, he trained me, I trained him, etc etc. Not long after we became close friends and have been friends ever since. Even after both of us became less active in the forums, we still kept in touch regularly. Despite having skyped eachother some times and voice chatted, we had never met face to face. I live in Portugal and he lives in Belgium. That guy is Wesobi.​
Well, I'm glad to say that, after 9 years, we finally met face to face. And despite being the first time, it was almost as if we did it regularly. Friendship is trully something special. And the virtual world and the internet as a whole has allowed these new kinds of friendships to happen. And they are as real and as deep and as important as any other.​
If I brought with me anything from my years active in this place it was that...friends. And the memories we shared. Yes, its cheesy... but its true!​
You must be registered for see images
Lets hope it doesn't take another 9 years @Wesobi !!!!!​
I can vouch for that one o__o. Hope you had a nice time :p

GinkgoLeaf Girl

Regular
Kin
114💸
Kumi
0💴
Trait Points
0⚔️
Reading this made me smile. And I think many of us here (or on NB) can relate to what you described or at least to your sentiments regarding friendships being formed. It is truly something special :)

Edit: I forgot to say this earlier, but congrats on finally getting the chance to meet your long-time friend! Your story was so sincere and refreshing to read--thanks for sharing it with us :)

Last edited: