Ciao

Elite
Kin
0💸
Kumi
0💴
Trait Points
0⚔️
I wish I could take full credit for this theory but unfortunately I didn't come up with all of it on my own

So, let's get started with picture #1

You must be registered for see images

This is the last picture of Tokyo Ghoul pt 1 where we see Hide embrace Kaneki. Take notice of Hide's hand placement.

On the very next page we see this

Notice anything? Here, let's fast forward a little bit into :re and then we'll get back to that picture.

See it now? That's right. Just like how Kaneki is using ear comms to talk to the Q's, Hide is talking to Kaneki, hence "Hide I hear the voices"

Now time to skip forward in time a bit...

Take a look at this

Here we see the Q's discussing their investigation into the forces of Aogiri and Rosewald. Mutsuki mentions they investigated the 6th ward where Kijima's squad had previously battled Rose. Take notice too of the gas mask ghoul 86.

Now, why would they show number 86 since there are way more important ghouls from the 6th ward than a no name gas mask ghoul...

Well let's investigate:

Kijima's squad wasn't really after Rose, they were after Eto. Rose was just the paper trail they were following. Also, what else do we know about Kijimas squad....? I believe Kijima Squad was being followed by Mr. 86...

We're getting close.

Here we see an exchange between Banjou, Ayato, and 86 before the 2nd raid on Cochlea

"Anyone who can actually read books ought to have had their heart moved, I think."

Perhaps that is a reference to someone...?

We are almost to the point.

During Kaneki's final fight with Arima someone supplies Arima with the Owl Quinque. Maybe it was someone from Squad Zero? Or maybe not...? Prior to Kaneki's first fight with Arima there was someone else present. It would be quite a coincidence for them to show up again...

For this final bit you have to put in some work

Go to this website:

In the drop down bar change it to "ASCII numbers to text" then in the input data enter "86"
If you are unable to access that site or are simply too lazy you can continue to the spoiler below.
V
Yep. That's right. V. 86 translate to V whom we now know are members of the Washuu family who are ghouls. Take a look back at the picture of Hide saying he wants to help Kaneki. "That's a nasty wound." Kaneki wounded Hide a bit when they met in the sewer but he was able to survive because he is a ghoul. In just a few chapters I believe Hide will come into the area where Arima and Kaneki just fought and reveal even more truth to Kaneki.

Ciao

Elite
Kin
0💸
Kumi
0💴
Trait Points
0⚔️
Not to double post but in Chapter 83 Marude says he was tipped off on how the RC Gates at the CCG work and then after he shoots Yoshitoki and Yoshitoki shows his Kakugan Marude says "It was just like you said... Nagachika" which is Hide's last name (or maybe first name idk how Japanese names work tbh lol)

Ciao

Elite
Kin
0💸
Kumi
0💴
Trait Points
0⚔️
So you're saying Hide is still alive?
Yes. He is Gas Mask 86.

There is also more evidence I left out because it was late and I was lazy but here it is:

In chapter 136 page 12 Kaneki rips off his mask then two pages later Hide meets him in the sewer.

Last edited:

Ciao

Elite
Kin
0💸
Kumi
0💴
Trait Points
0⚔️
Nishiki is Gasmask 86.

Hide is a hybrid. Ghoul father + human mother.
maybe but i dont think so
i am surprised you wrote so little lol

also, i can't confirm this as i dont speak japanese or read it but people said that the way hide's dialogue was written in pt 1 it was the same way for 86 in the cochlea meeting...

Arima

Veteran
Kin
0💸
Kumi
0💴
Trait Points
0⚔️
At first I assumed that Hide was dead, when I saw him in Kaneki's head. I thought Kaneki remembered killing/eating Hide, but then again it was not clear whether he remembered everything.

But since it has been revealed that Washuus are actually ghouls, and since I believe the following that Hide is a Washuu (ghoul), the theory you posted sounds plausible and Hide might actually be alive.

Last edited:
Reactions: Ciao