Kin
0💸
Kumi
0💴
Trait Points
0⚔️
Previous Chapter Links:

The Final Round!​

After speaking with Gaara about the Getsueikirite Clan Minato, Chi and Nagare swiftly headed back to the observation area. Seeing as they didn't have long left before the match Nagare wished them good luck and proceeded to the observation area by herself while Chi and Minato waited near the entrance to the arena in the hallway.

Minato: How are you feeling about this?

Chi: I'd be lying if I said I wasn't a bit anxious.

Minato: Heh, me too...

A long silence fell upon both of them as they leaned on opposite sides of the wall. Finally Minato broke the silence.

Minato: Wait, if there's three of us now how are we going to fight?

Naruto: It is time for the final round of the chunin exams to begin!

A roar of excitement could be heard from the crowd as Naruto spoke. Minato and Chi both looked up at Naruto as he spoke waiting to hear what he had to say.

Naruto: Will the last three fighters enter the arena now...

Out of nowhere Nodoka walked past Minato and Chi, sending chills down both of their spines. He confidently walked out into the arena and the crowd fell silent. His presence was terrifying after witnessing that match. Chi and Minato gulped and walked out onto the arena staying behind Nodoka on purpose. Once they reached the middle of the arena they lined up and faced Naruto.

Naruto: Alright, now we can begin. The final round will be different from the previous matches. All bets are off. This will be a Battle Royale until the last man standing. All of the previous rules are forfeit. Anything goes. Start whenever you are ready and good luck to the three of you.

Naruto turned and slowly walked back to his seat.

Naruto: * Time to throw you two into the deep end. *

Chi and Minato both looked at each other as Nodoka turned around to face them. Nodoka wasted no time to get in with the first strike of the match. He swung for Minato but his reactions were much too fast. He threw his head back ever so slightly, just barely avoiding the fist. Then out of the corner of his eye Chi's fist flew at Nodoka's and as they made contact Chi released a concentrated burst of chakra so as to propel Nodoka away from them. Minato and Chi both jumped away from Nodoka to the opposite side of the arena. Nodoka wasn't sent far though his feet didn't even leave the ground he was merely pushed backwards with his feet grinding on the dirt beneath him.

Minato: He's clearly not waiting for us eh?

Chi: Definitely not.

Minato: Nagare said that we should look for his weakness

Chi: I think we should rip his clothes off and not the way you think.

Minato: Yeah I agree in not the way I think.

Minato retrieved his Flying Thunder God kunai and held it in his right hand near to his chest. Chi did the same only he held a normal kunai. Nodoka knelt down and thrust his right hand deep into the ground. He quickly pulled out a Flying Thunder God kunai and threw it up into the air. Rust started to engulf the kunai and as Minato saw this happening he furrowed his brow and just before the seal on the kunai was broken he tossed the kunai he held in his hand into the air. Teleporting in front of Nodoka unexpectedly he plunged his right fist forward aiming for his left shoulder. Sand formed in an instant around the area where Minato's punch would have landed. The second his fist made contact with the sand it started to engulf his hand. As soon as Minato noticed this he teleported back to his first kunai.

As Minato disappeared Nodoka's sight fixed upon Chi who was now mere centimetres away from him after propelling himself forward. Chi tried to stab Nodoka's left shoulder again but was abruptly stopped by sand. As the kunai was stopped Nodoka formed the snake handseal causing a wooden pillar to burst from the ground underneath Chi sending him flying into the air.

Minato was watching Nodoka's movements carefully and noticed that the moment his hands clapped together the small sand shield dispersed almost immediately.

Chi released a concentrated burst of chakra from his side and sent himself spinning back to the ground next to Minato. He then got up, holding his stomach.

Chi: There's no way we can get through that sand, it's impossible.

Minato: He can only use on kekkei genkai at a time.

Chi: What?

Minato: When he activated that wood jutsu his sand shield deactivated almost immediately. Follow my lead and get on my shoulders.

Chi nodded and jumped onto Minato's shoulders, standing upright. They both began performing several handseals. Minato released a flamethrower of fire from his mouth while Chi released a pressurized blast of wind from his. Both were hurtling towards Nodoka and right before they reached their target the two jutsu combined and turned into a hurricane of wind and fire.

Chi: He built several structures to defend against the blast all spaced evenly apart in a line.

Minato nodded and increased the intensity of his flames adding to the small hurricane while Chi jumped off of his shoulders and sprinted to the right in an arc formation towards Nodoka. Once Chi reached his right side he started to throw a barrage of punches at Nodoka's right arm. Weirdly Nodoka made no effort to defend against his attacks with a sand shield. So on the fifth punch Chi instead drove his right knee into his side. The sand shield automatically raised and defended against his knee. This then got Nodoka's attention so he turned and faced Chi reaching toward his chest with his left hand. Chi's eyes widened as he pulled his chest away. Nodoka's palm was mere centimetres away from his chest when all of a sudden the fire hurricane blasted through the last wooden wall and sped towards both of them.

Chi released a concentrated chakra blast of chakra from his chest and propelled himself away, out of Nodoka's grasp. Nodoka quickly reacted by clapping his hands together once again and at that moment Chi and Minato's eyes met. When they did things seemed to slow down as Chi gave Minato a silent nod. Minato immediately finished with his fire jutsu and teleported to a kunai a couple of feet behind Nodoka. As he jumped towards the unaware Nodoka, Minato plunged his fist into his left elbow.

Minato felt and heard a loud cracking sound but what he heard next was much worse. Nodoka let out an ear piercing scream that sent chills down both Minato's and Chi's spines. Minato felt so scared that he teleported away to where Chi was. The scream lasted for a minute at least. Minato, Chi and the entire audience covered their ears and closed their eyes for as long as it lasted. With each second they wanted it to end even more.

When Nodoka had finished screaming everyone looked at him, fear creeping into their eyes. He slowly raised his right arm and grasped the fabric of his left sleeve. Nodoka ripped his sleeve off and an arm made of solid ice dropped onto the ground shattering into a thousand pieces...

Nodoka: There's no point anymore.

Nodoka's voice sounded like a bag full of gravel being violently shook and his tone was dark and restless with a hint of sadness. Nodoka then ripped the rest of his clothes off and allowed everyone to see who and what he really is...

Tsuna...

Legendary
Kin
0💸
Kumi
0💴
Trait Points
0⚔️
Thanks guys! I'll write it tomorrow if I have the time. Man of Steel's out tomorrow so we'll see. If not tomorrow then Saturday. ^_^