Hori

Immortal
Kin
928💸
Kumi
18💴
Trait Points
0⚔️

I just want to say once again how much I appreciate for taking me once again as your apprentice. So right of the bat you've gunned me with that classic question. Alright I will try to answer it to the best knowledge I have on my disposal.

The sharingan tomoes as my sensei knows that its divided into three different stages 1, 2 & 3T. The distinctive difference between these stages is the perception each stage gives to the user. By that I mean the amount of detail the user can see from a foe that is attacking them. The amount of information perceived the user speed base is used as a reference. From what I have read 1T grants the user to perceive speeds 1.5x, 2T grants 2x the users base and last the 3T grants 4x.

Just to give an example if I am fighting someone using 6th EIG while I have the 1T it would be near impossible to track their movements as I wouldn't be able to see their movements or track them at all. I imagine I would only see blurs of the foe's movements. If it was 2T I think I would be able to see the movements but wouldn't be able to see the after images that would help me predict the movements of my foe.

Now the last stage 3T I think it would be able to see the movements and the after images the body if the foe would exhibit and allow the user to be able to track the foe using 6th gates. Further more the 3T also gains the user the ability to be capable of coping ninjutsu and actually predicting what the hand seals would lead up to as they can see the after images and predict from them. Much like what kakashi did to Zabuza.

Now if I'm allowed to ask at this point, I'm struggling with the belief that Sharingan cannot read zig zag movements but can read only linear and circular movements. This belief is backed up by the fact that when Sasuke fought Killer B with Team taka he was able to dodge Bee's 6 tail beast mode because he was moving in a linear motion. Another is when Sasuke faced Lee, he was able to track him but couldn't respond to his movements because Lee was moving at a circular way.. Please clarify this for me..

Korra.

Sage of Snakes
Supreme
Kin
2,212💸
Kumi
4,343💴
Trait Points
0⚔️
Now when it comes to viewing chakra, youre able to see chakra past matter, but the sharingans abilities dont allow you to enhance your field of vision like the byakugan like increasing range of sight.The Sharingan only allows you to recognize that your under a genjutsu by seeing your own chakra irregularity. Meaning even though you have the sharingan active you can still be affected by an illusion. However it doesn't break through ALL genjutsu techniques automatically. Only visual ones, visual means that genjutsu that affects your sight making you see illusions and what not, however it's not the only genjutsu, there are genjutsus which makes you hear illusions..etc that's what the Sharingan is able to break through "only the visual genjutsu" others can't be broken through by the Sharingan even if they were C-B-ranks according to the tomoes you have, however most genjutsus are actually visual genjutsu but you have to be aware of what type of genjutsu is used onto you. For the 3 Tomoe, we'll have to go through 3 training sessions, , but as theres a session that says you have to find me in different locations im gonna ignore it, because its pretty much what you did in the second tomoe first session, now we'll move to the second session directly, learning how to break through up to B-rank genjutsu techniques, so lets proceed.

I cast a genjutsu onto you making you see a giant fireball descending onto you from above.

(Genjutsu: Jigoku Gouka) - Illusion Technique: Hell Fire
Type: Supplementary
Range: Short-Mid
Chakra Cost: 15
Damage Points:N/A
Description: The user casts an illusion where the opponent sees a huge ball of fire descending from the sky and enveloping its target.

Exactly like how you broke out of D-rank genjutsu and below in the second tomoe training, this only needs more chakra, and of course the aspect that connects it all, knowing how you are inside a genjutsu with your Sharingan.

Hori

Immortal
Kin
928💸
Kumi
18💴
Trait Points
0⚔️
I'm not very bright when it comes to genjutsu but I will try my best to use the words. From what I understand visual genjutsu is what the sharingan is good at perceiving because the eye has a good perception when it comes at viewing and analyzing what is infront of it. Now when a ninja is affected by a jutsu like this one the issue would how one realizes that they have been placed under a genjutsu. Seeing that the above is a visual genjutsu I will have to focus on what I have seen before the appearance of the fire ball and what is happening even now as the fireball is descending.

For starters since Naori had her 2T sharingan activated she can see the opponents movements clearer than before including small tiny details like twitching hands and seeing sensei made no hand seals especially the ones associated with fire element the fire jutsu can no way be real. Secondly if Naori happens to wait it out and let the fire jutsu descend upon her if she feels no hotness or high temperatures then that way I would see that the fire is not real. Lastly since she happens to have a sharingan by simply looking at her chakra network/ system at her forearm or legs she would see that her chakra has been disrupted then break through the genjutsu and come back to reality.

Korra.

Sage of Snakes
Supreme
Kin
2,212💸
Kumi
4,343💴
Trait Points
0⚔️
All that but your sharingan would be able to tell that the fireball isnt real from the chakra. I cast a genjutsu onto you making you see an illusionary clone that runs towards you then he jumps and explodes in a cloud of cherry blossom petals blocking your vision of me in the genjutsu however in reality i simply throw a kunai towards you.

(Genjutsu: Kasumi no Jutsu) - Illusion Technique: Mist Technique
Range: Short - Mid
Chakra cost: 15
Damage points: N/A
Description: The user creates an illusionary clone that charges towards the enemy, jumps, then explodes in a cloud of cherry blossom petals which results in confusing the opponent and obscuring their vision, leaving them open for attack.

Hori

Immortal
Kin
928💸
Kumi
18💴
Trait Points
0⚔️
Lol you just made that easy bow I think I have a better understanding with that visual genjutsu has no chakra in it. In order to break through this one I think the clone having no chakra when I look at it I would be able to see that I'm caught in an illusion. Secondly as the clone runs if it doesn't interact with the environment like for example pick dirt as it runs towards me. Now the last part where you throw the kunai towards me. I dunno how that happens, I'm not entirely sure but I'm guessing after I realize that I'm in that genjutsu and I break through it using my sharingan. Because my eye is specialized in only seeing the truth, the high perception of my eye I'm guessing it would help me see the kunai.

Korra.

Sage of Snakes
Supreme
Kin
2,212💸
Kumi
4,343💴
Trait Points
0⚔️
]Awesome next also gonna speed this up so just pretend the second gen starts as soon as you break he first ^^

I run towards you while summoning a sword, then i move it with an irregular pattern, weaving it randomly in the air as i'm running towards you causing you to hallucinate multiple waving arms and not know where the sword is coming from, then i perform a horizontal slash from the right to the left to me.

(Konoha-Ryū: Yanagi) - Leaf Ninja Art: Willow
Type: Offensive
Range: Short
Chakra Cost: 20
Damage points: 35
Description: The user waves their sword back and forth, which when seen by the target locks them in a genjutsu which causes them to hallucinate multiple waving arms. The movement resembles that of a willow tree blowing in the wind. With the enemy off guard, the user is free to cut them down.

As Korra says this, a bean sprout begins to grow around you as Korra seemingly disappears from sight. The bean sprout traps Madara, tightly binding him and lifting him up into the air as a bean pod opens behind him, revealing Korra, sword drawn and ready to slit your throat.

( Genjutsu: Ingemame Ketsugō Sakkaku ) - Illusion Technique String Bean Binding Illusion
Chakra Cost: 20
Description: Similar to Illusion Technique: Tree Binding Death, where the user first disappears, while the target sees several bean vines growing from the ground. These vines bind the target body, lifting them into the air. Then a bean pod rises from the ground to reveal the user, ready to strike. In reality, the opponent is immobilized by the illusion, allowing the user to strike.

Hori

Immortal
Kin
928💸
Kumi
18💴
Trait Points
0⚔️
After Naori had broken through the first gen, seconds later she discovers that she had been placed on a Gen. How? Well after she deflected her sensei's kunai when she looked up your direction she sees you summon the sword which you willow around creating that after image effect with your sword. As I see this through my eyes, my logic dictates that human arms cannot move like that creating after images as such as those. Also if you intend to kill me with a sword and hide that would mean you want me to notice the danger the sword possesses. Therefore divert my attention to the sword and not my surroundings. With my sharingan I'd be able to see your real movements and your location because where sensei is its where Naori would be able to see chakra not the illusionary arms that had willowed. So that way she would be able to block the sword attack.

Second one, Firstly..when Naori notices that you had simply disappeared to thin air just when she had eyes locked on you, and she knows better that people don't just vanish without moving. Secondly after you had vanished a bean suddenly sprouts which is unnatural as these things take their time when growing.. So this must be a genjutsu. Aside from that observing with my sharingan I believe I'm able to see that the beans have no chakra in them, opposed to what happens when one uses plant release/ wood release.

Korra.

Sage of Snakes
Supreme
Kin
2,212💸
Kumi
4,343💴
Trait Points
0⚔️
alright now onto the the genjutsu

Good and you already know my format so lets start Im gonna be teaching you like how Madara taught me which is theoretical work regarding Sharingan genjutsu teaching

(Magen: Kyouten Chiten) - Demonic Illusion: Heaven And Earth Change
Range:Short-Long
Chakra Cost: N/A (equal to the cost of the countered technique)
Damage Points:N/A (equal to the power of the countered technique)
Description:This is a illusion counter were, through the use of their sharingan, an Uchiha can take control over an enemy illusionary techniques and reverse it back into the opponent by taking control of it and releasing oneself at the same time. With 1 Tomoe, it can affect C-Rank and below illusions. With 2 Tomoe it can affect B-Rank and bellow illusions. With a 3 Tomoe, it can affect A-Rank and below illusions. With MS/EMS it can affect S-Rank and bellow illusions. Can only be used once every two turns.
Pretty epic, this is useful in battles when a genjutsu has been placed upon you. The only issue I have with it is that it states the various levels it can be used at, yet Sharingan genjutsu can only be learned at 3 Tomoe level, making 1T and 2T parts pointless. Anyway, this is good for reversing any genjutsu placed upon you, once you discover you are trapped within a genjutsu ofc. As this is 3T training, your Sharingan will be able to reverse up to A ranked and below illusions and cast the enemy themselves under their own illusion.

Pretty epic, this is useful in battles when a genjutsu has been placed upon you. The only issue I have with it is that it states the various levels it can be used at, yet Sharingan genjutsu can only be learned at 3 Tomoe level, making 1T and 2T parts pointless. Anyway, this is good for reversing any genjutsu placed upon you, once you discover you are trapped within a genjutsu ofc. As this is 3T training, your Sharingan will be able to reverse up to A ranked and below illusions and cast the enemy themselves under their own illusion.

Hori

Immortal
Kin
928💸
Kumi
18💴
Trait Points
0⚔️
Oh my gosh.. Finally I've been waiting to learn this jutsu. I like the fact that using a genjutsu that is below A rank on a 3T user has utterly become impossible. Although I think because of the complicity of genjutsu (yes infact I do think its complicated) I believe one has to greatly time it when doing this jutsu. 1. I have confusing thoughts about if this jutsu can only reverse normal and visual genjutsu only. Or maybe it also breaks through sound gen too.

Korra.

Sage of Snakes
Supreme
Kin
2,212💸
Kumi
4,343💴
Trait Points
0⚔️
Just visual and normal genjutsu since thats only what the sharingan can break ^^

(Doujutsu: Chouetsu no Shunmin) – Eye Technique: Transcend to Deep Slumber technique
Range: Short
Description: The user will use their Sharingan to cast an illusion upon the opponent by looking them into their eyes; this illusion makes the enemy fall asleep but makes them think they are still watching the opponent without realizing they have fallen asleep.
Note: Requires direct eye contact with tomoe 3 Sharingan.

Should you enter short range of a foe and they fail to keep their eyes off your's, then this is an ideal jutsu to use if you intend to capture your enemy. Causing them to fall asleep while still thinking they are awake, you can effectively kidnap them if used properly and in conjunction with other jutsus.

(Doujutsu: Shiranui) - Eye Technique: Phosphorescent light
Type: Offensive, Supplementary
Damage points: 30
Description: The user will cast an illusion to make the opponent see six copies of the user that detonate simultaneously harming the target.The explosions are explosive kunai to deal damage whilst the enemy is distracted in the genjutsu.
Note: Requires tomoe 3 sharingan.

You seen the Butterfly genjutsu? It's pretty much the same thing. Works best if you use the clone handseal before you set the genjutsu. It was recently revamped to increase the range to make it more practical in usage. ^

Hori

Immortal
Kin
928💸
Kumi
18💴
Trait Points
0⚔️
(Doujutsu: Chouetsu no Shunmin) – Eye Technique: Transcend to Deep Slumber technique

Although its pretty much a low ranked technique it seems very much useful when engaging in combat with a foe at short range. However I don't think there could be much obstructions between you and the enemy when engaging in close combat. The only issue I see that would prevent me from using this jutsu it would be the case where the opponent is a skilled taijutsu user and knows how to look just below my chin. As my dear sensei said its ideal for use if you want to capture your enemy. I suppose to make this illusion be more successful one would have to introduce genjutsu layering. Making this technique the second one to layer after a very normal genjutsu usage.

(Doujutsu: Shiranui) - Eye Technique: Phosphorescent light

I'm pretty much delighted that its range was increased, I can see why they did that. Also to answer your question I haven't seen that butterfly gen, I will soon though as I just started my Gen training. Looking into the jutsu I can understand that its simply six copies of myself that suddenly appear out of nowhere as there is no mention of poof smoke like when shadow clones are made. Also the clones do not interact with the environment which makes the gen fairly easy to detect. They advance towards the target while masking the real threat which are the kunais with paper bombs attached on and explode simultaneously just when the clones in gen explode. I think if the enemy has seen that he's been cast on this illusion they would have time to counter which is the delay when the user has to wait for the thrown kunais to reach over the foe.

Question - Just one, since this technique doesn't mention any sort of eye contact does this mean I don't need eye contact with the enemy?? Just as long as I have my 3T and short - mid range from my enemy I would be able to use it??

Last edited:

Korra.

Sage of Snakes
Supreme
Kin
2,212💸
Kumi
4,343💴
Trait Points
0⚔️
Answer: Yes no eye contact is needed. If its needed the jutsu will say it.

( Genjutsu: Sharingan ) - Illusion Technique: Copy Wheel Eye
Chakra cost: 15 - 40
Description: This technique is simply the use of generic genjutsu used by members of the Uchiha clan. By simply having their opponents look into their eyes, the Uchiha can lock the user within a genjutsu of their choosing.
Note: Can only be used with 3 tomoe sharingan

Possibly, the best Sharingan genjutsu there is. its used to make pretty much any genjutsu the user wishes "given that it's logical enough" through eye contact, yes, any genjutsu you want can be done by this technique, it doesn't mean posting a technique, only using your imagination to create a genjutsu, it doesn't mean that you have to use a cannon genjutsu through eye contact, the technique itself is a genjutsu, but the condition to meet for it is hard, which is mutual eye contact. The usage for this technique can vary, given that there are different types of genjutsu, it can be used as one to deceive your opponent, or paralyze them using chains or similar means, it can go as far as to control your opponent's movements and force them to do something "one of the Sharingan genjutsu's abilities", which is why custom Sharingan genjutsu is banned from submission, this technique compensates for that.

(Magen: Nenshou Kamihada ) Demonic Illusion: Burning Paper Body
Range: Short-Long
Chakra Cost: 25
Damage: N/A
Description: A sharingan Genjutsu, it requires eye contact with the opponent. The opponent is then made to believe that their body is made of paper and is burning, reducing their dexterity of movement, stopping them from performing handseals.
Note: Requires three tomoe Sharingan and eye contact

A variation of the above, Itachi performed this in the anime and it was unnamed at the time, just known as an unspecified generic Sharingan genjutsu. This is one of the various jutsus they used. Looking at the foe's eyes, you trap them in this genjutsu where they believe their limbs are paper and as such, are scared to move their bodies much due to this fear.

Hori

Immortal
Kin
928💸
Kumi
18💴
Trait Points
0⚔️
(Genjutsu: Sharingan ) - Illusion Technique: Copy Wheel Eye
Wow.. Finally this technique is so awesome in so many ways that I think it should be dubbed as the best sharingan illusion ever! Firstly the freedom it gives to the user that you are able to create any type of illusion as long as its logical enough and the only limitation to it is simply the user's imagination. Secondly what I like about it its that its multi ranked.. Well S ranked because I don't think I'd ever use it lower than that rank. Thirdly it paralyses the opponent and can somehow manipulate the opponent. By this I mean I can indirectly manipulate an opponent to do my bidding. For example say I create an illusion that chains come from the ground and they bind the hands and pulls the hands down. The opponent outside the illusion would pull the chains up and therefore raise their hands up. Other than this I'm speechless, I think I'm gonna try using it on a spar I currently have.

(Magen: Nenshou Kamihada ) Demonic Illusion: Burning Paper Body
An Itachi classic jutsu, since this technique extends to long range this means as long as I have a line of vision with the enemy, I can always induce this jutsu and disrupt the opponent from performing hand seals which may help me avoid some techs. The turning of the opponent's body and limbs to paper is an easy giveaway that the victim is under an illusion. If I were to counter this technique I'd simply use that reversal jutsu I learned earlier.

Korra.

Sage of Snakes
Supreme
Kin
2,212💸
Kumi
4,343💴
Trait Points
0⚔️
Good moving on

(Genjutsu: Koukon Karasu) – Illusionary Technique: Dusk Crow
Range: Mid
Chakra cost: 20
Description: This is an advanced Sharingan technique the user traps the enemy in an illusion without any eye contact, similar to Ephermal. The Genjutsu traps the victim in a torrent of crows, leaving them at the users mercy.

One of the most useful ones, it doesn't require eye contact, but instead a general understanding of where your enemy is, can be done through senses or a clear line of sight. I can't find the exact scene it was found in the anime, but I have a picture of it below.

Magen: Ketataumo ) Demonic Illusion: Piercing Feathers
Range: Short-Long
Chakra Cost: 30
Damage: N/A
A weaker version of Demonic Illusion: Shackling Stakes, it makes the opponent believe that numerous black feathers have pierced their body and trapped them, causing them pain and immobility.
Note: Requires two tomoe Sharingan and eye contact to use

I've done some research on most of the Sharingan gens but fail to find any information regarding this one on the wiki, manga, video games, and anime. It exists in some medium but I have yet to locate it. But anyway...it's essentially a genjutsu created through eye contact, that causes them to believe a lot of feathers have pierced the body and trapped them, causing them mental pain and preventing movement.

Hori

Immortal
Kin
928💸
Kumi
18💴
Trait Points
0⚔️

(Genjutsu: Koukon Karasu) – Illusionary Technique: Dusk

Lol no picture below though. By the way I can perfectly visualise it. This technique has Itachi written all over it. The user can use this technique as long as they have a line of vision with the enemy. It proves to be quite difficult to deduce as I believe there may be a similar technique in the crows summon contract. Also it isn't wacky to think that the person may have substituted them selves with crows. What I like about it also is that since it hard to detect this illusion then possibly it leaves a wide opening onto the enemy that the user may exploit however they see fit. If I were to defend against it well a technique that has high defensive capabilities would suffice, like the hardening technique since I wouldn't know where the opponent would come from.

(Magen: Ketataumo ) Demonic Illusion: Piercing Feathers

I think this jutsu was used by Sasuke on Killer B when they first met. It was a mangyekou jutsu but I see that its been reduced to B ranks. Firstly what I hate about it is that any 2T user can use it. And I didn't know this until now lol. So kinda I think it would be rare to know about it unless one has received this training. Although this gen is still quite useful as it makes the enemy immobile making it easier to do whatever the user wants with them. Also the obvious which is that its long range, so I can pretty much use it on anyone as long as I have eye contact.