itachi1000

Regular
Kin
0💸
Kumi
0💴
Trait Points
0⚔️
Not trying to start a flame war here, nor am I trying to say which series is better. Please actually take the time to look at this list and tell me if this is true or not!!!!
You've probably have seen this list before but I just want to use this to clarify something.

I did some research on the manga series that Naruto is under on this list and I found out that Kochikame is a comedy manga series.

So because of this I just want to clarify that even though Dragonball Z is the most influential manga in history and One Piece is the best selling manga of all time period, because Naruto made the top 5 on the list, could it be considered the 3rd best selling action manga of all time?

Could fans at least give Naruto this accomplishment?

Cause I believe that series deserves it despite all the criticism it gets.

Huang

Regular
Kin
0💸
Kumi
0💴
Trait Points
0⚔️
Just because they sell great, doesn't automaticly mean it's the better, just means it's more populair.
In my oppinion, Naruto is way better than One Piece or Dragonball, and there are many more manga better then Naruto..

I think it all depends on how you view it,.. I susspect it's because these manga target children and young adults, who spend more on manga than adults do.
So, obviously manga like Monster, Death-Note or Claymore will sell less copies, than Naruto or One Piece.

EDIT; I do agree with Dragonball being high on that list, because of it's long-time influence on MANY shounen manga, being it's the pioneer in it's genre.

Last edited:

lIlIlIl

Kin
0💸
Kumi
0💴
Trait Points
0⚔️
just because something sells more than others doesnt mean its the beast, take videogames for example call of duty is the best selling video game but a lot of people think that theres way better shooter games, or movies for example avatar was a big hit it got a lot of views but it was not the best movie of all time

Form

Supreme
Kin
0💸
Kumi
0💴
Trait Points
0⚔️
Awards
just because something sells more than others doesnt mean its the beast, take videogames for example call of duty is the best selling video game but a lot of people think that theres way better shooter games, or movies for example avatar was a big hit it got a lot of views but it was not the best movie of all time
This. Call of duty was a great example as it is an atrocity.

Huang

Regular
Kin
0💸
Kumi
0💴
Trait Points
0⚔️
100% agreed, COD is like a Lil Wayne album, or an Apple product; Every new release is pretty much the same, but still manages to worse than the previous one.

Dęvîa Puęrî

Elite
Kin
515💸
Kumi
7💴
Trait Points
0⚔️
Like the other guy said its all popularity I find I enjoy fairytail way way way more then I enjoy naruto and one piece (even tho it took me 8 years to get into it) is growing on me as well I dnt really watch naruto anymore just read it as all lml

But in terms of popularity naruto should b in 3rd place under one piece and dbz

I would argue inyuasha and yu yu Haku show should b on this 2 but w.e

Also hunter x hunter is amazing as well

Dr Strangelove

Legendary
Kin
0💸
Kumi
0💴
Trait Points
0⚔️
Awards
Well im glad OP is top. (a bit biased)
Dragon Ball is bound to be in the top 3.
I dont know the other manga in front of Naruto but im sure they were better.
Naruto has only really got exciting for me personally in the last 2 months.

Huang

Regular
Kin
0💸
Kumi
0💴
Trait Points
0⚔️
Like the other guy said its all popularity I find I enjoy fairytail way way way more then I enjoy naruto and one piece (even tho it took me 8 years to get into it) is growing on me as well I dnt really watch naruto anymore just read it as all lml

But in terms of popularity naruto should b in 3rd place under one piece and dbz

I would argue inyuasha and yu yu Haku show should b on this 2 but w.e

Also hunter x hunter is amazing as well
What else is it, but populairity?
I mean, if it would be a list of the best manga, then I would even bet my left nut that at least two works of Naoki Urusawa are among the top 5.

itachi1000

Regular
Kin
0💸
Kumi
0💴
Trait Points
0⚔️
I'm not talking about in terms of popularity, I menat in terms of sales, just look at the list both One Piece and DBZ are the top 2 best selling action manga of all time and even though Naruto got the number 4 spot in terms of sales the series that got the number 3 spot, Kochikame is a comedy manga. So that would make Naruto the 3rd best selling action manga of all time not by popularity but by sales. I did not mention anything about popularity.