[Discussion] 2nd most prominent character in One Piece

Who is the 2nd most prominent character?

• Zoro

Votes: 7 70.0%
  • Nami

Votes: 1 10.0%
  • Usopp

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Sanji

• Chopper

• Robin

• Franky

• Brook

• Other

• Total voters

Passerby

Veteran
Kin
1,405💸
Kumi
711💴
Trait Points
0⚔️
But Zoro's end goal has nothing to do with the development of the story itself.
Zoro's goal to become the WSS is his own story unlike Luffy who's story is centered around everything.

IMO the most prominent character after Luffy is whoever the arc of the story is centered around. For example Law and Doflamingo was more prominent than Zoro in Dressrosa.

Dannie

/
Immortal
Kin
1,640💸
Kumi
35💴
Trait Points
0⚔️
Awards
Oh shit, I'm reading this wrong. You said in One Piece in general. I was thinking in just Luffy's crew since you have only them in the poll.

Well in that case, it would depend on the arc and who is centered in that arc, so this question is kinda hard to answer.

Calpal

Veteran
Kin
5💸
Kumi
0💴
Trait Points
0⚔️
are people misunderstanding the word prominent?

its not a question of this arc that arc, its of who is OVERALL most prominent, besides the MC

Uzumaki Macho

Elite
Kin
0💸
Kumi
0💴
Trait Points
0⚔️
It's obviously Shanks.
Luffy's main goal is to become PK so that he can basically surpass Shanks.
How is Shanks the deuteragonist? Sure he is what motivated Luffy and he has some important moments, but he doesn't appear nearly as much as the SHs. He's not even classified as a main character, unlike the SHs. Heck, Oda even said that Luffy, Zoro, and Nami are the core of One Piece. The only reason why I included more than just Zoro and Nami in the poll is because I knew that the Sanji fanboys would get mad at me for implying that Zoro is more important.

Skull Knight

Veteran
Kin
1,523💸
Kumi
0💴
Trait Points
0⚔️
How is Shanks the deuteragonist? Sure he is what motivated Luffy and he has some important moments, but he doesn't appear nearly as much as the SHs. He's not even classified as a main character, unlike the SHs. Heck, Oda even said that Luffy, Zoro, and Nami are the core of One Piece. The only reason why I included more than just Zoro and Nami in the poll is because I knew that the Sanji fanboys would get mad at me for implying that Zoro is more important.
The question u asked is who is the 2nd most prominent character in OP. It has nothing to do with who gets more screen time or not. Shanks contribution cant be ignored.

He basically gave Luffy a goal to work for which is the reason he wants to become PK
You must be registered for see images

He stopped a f***in war which Admirals wants to continue till they kill Luffy

He stopped Kaido going towards MF.

Tell me how can somebody ignore all this and vote for Sanji or Nami??? Sanji couldn't even shine in his own Year :th:

Venomous Cobra

Legendary
Kin
4💸
Kumi
0💴
Trait Points
0⚔️
Awards
As sad as it is, it's chopper. He is featured in almost all the One Piece merchandise marketing and almost every single promotional poster since he joined.

If you mean generally, whi is the second most known char then Zoro in the west.

Uzumaki Macho

Elite
Kin
0💸
Kumi
0💴
Trait Points
0⚔️
The question u asked is who is the 2nd most prominent character in OP. It has nothing to do with who gets more screen time or not. Shanks contribution cant be ignored.

He basically gave Luffy a goal to work for which is the reason he wants to become PK

He stopped a f***in war which Admirals wants to continue till they kill Luffy

He stopped Kaido going towards MF.

Tell me how can somebody ignore all this and vote for Sanji or Nami??? Sanji couldn't even shine in his own Year :th:
Using this logic, Dragon is more prominent since Luffy wouldn't exist without him, and Roger is more prominent since without him, the title of PK wouldn't exist.

Oda said that Luffy, Zoro, and Nami are the core of One Piece. They are the three most prominent characters.

Skull Knight

Veteran
Kin
1,523💸
Kumi
0💴
Trait Points
0⚔️
Using this logic, Dragon is more prominent since Luffy wouldn't exist without him, and Roger is more prominent since without him, the title of PK wouldn't exist.

Oda said that Luffy, Zoro, and Nami are the core of One Piece. They are the three most prominent characters.
We already know Luffy doesn't care about Dragon. He didn't even care what he is doing. There dreams are different. But thats not the case with Shanks. Shanks basically was the reason why he wants to become Pirate. It was brought repeatedly by Ace and Garp that Shanks inspired him to choose this line. Mihawk bringing Luffy's poster and WB remembering Shanks interaction all hints that Shanks actually is playing an important role in this series.

And Roger basically kick started the whole Pirate era dream thing and Luffy is basically following his footsteps. I wont be surprised if Luffy is reincarnation of Roger since repeatedly it was hinted that people sees Roger in Luffy.

Vandenre1ch

Veteran
Kin
6💸
Kumi
0💴
Trait Points
0⚔️
Copy n' paste character panel time from chapter 0 to 822. From an OJ thread. Nami is 2nd place due to WCI.

Monkey D. Luffy

Usopp

Nami

Roronoa Zoro

Sanji

Tony Tony Chopper

Nico Robin

Franky

Brook

Nefertari Vivi

Trafalgar Law

Donquixote Doflamingo

Portgas D. Ace

Crocodile

Rob Lucci

Buggy

Jinbe

Bentham

Kin'emon

Kyros

Enel

Kaku

Rebecca

Smoker

Arlong

Caesar Clown

Hatchan

Iceburg

Tashigi

Kalifa

Paulie

Wiper

Sabo

Oars

Galdino

Hody Jones

Blueno

Edward Newgate

Keimi

Spandam

Emporio Ivankov

Shirahoshi

Don Krieg

Gan Fall

Boa Hancock

Bartolomeo

Viola

Carue

Cavendish

Coby

Gekko Moriah

Kuro

Momonosuke

Bellamy

Bartholomew Kuma

Foxy

Kokoro

Riku Doldo III

Kuzan

Jabra

Marshall D. Teach

Wapol

Donquixote Rosinante

Zeff

Hattori

Sengoku

Daz Bones

Jango

Conis

Perona

Dibattista27

Kin
0💸
Kumi
0💴
Trait Points
0⚔️
Well prominent means important. Or popular. So important defiantly robin/nami without those two the crew could never get to Raftle and help the main character obtain the the "one piece". Need the navigator and even though it's all speculation I hope being able to read the road poneglyph helps get there. And after nami and robin you still need sanji to cook and last and probably the least important is cranky to keep the ship. Popular is opinion based so who's your next favorite character really which right now I I still like law