Veteran
Kin
0💸
Kumi
0💴
Trait Points
0⚔️
Awards
I already gave a website link to the book. But here again This isnt the original copy but someone put it online. The book came out in 1930. I really cant prove this over the interent since you cant get this evidence off oft he interent. You have to either go to someone that was there or see the original documents, which the nation has. I find it funny that rather than believe me about the year youd rather discredit it. How do we know the declaration of indepence was really signed in 1776? Answer: There are still orignial documents. But someone like you would say you dont see any proof so you wont believe it. But that is just you subjecting yourself to ignorance. If you dont know then try to find out. By the way there is only one supreme wisdom, it was never edited, and there is not more than one volume. People have however reprinted it and added own book covers but they do not change the words. That is not the way of the Nation of Islam.
Funny.

That's exactly what they say about the Qu'ran, and none of the claims stack up against western scholarship into the Qu'ran.

So what are you asking me? And no they did not have the measurments for pluto because pluto had just been discovered in 1930. The same year the book came out. Maybe you can help me find the evidence of the book coming out in 1930 because youre a good researcher
What measurements, exactly, supposedly exist for Pluto?

" The existence of an unknown ninth planet was first proposed by Percival Lowell, who theorized that wobbles in the orbits of Uranus and Neptune were caused by the gravitational pull of an unknown planetary body. Lowell calculated the approximate location of the hypothesized ninth planet and searched for more than a decade without success. However, in 1929, using the calculations of Powell and W.H. Pickering as a guide, the search for Pluto was resumed at the Lowell Observatory in Arizona. On February 18, 1930, Tombaugh discovered the tiny, distant planet by use of a new astronomic technique of photographic plates combined with a blink microscope. His finding was confirmed by several other astronomers, and on March 13, 1930–the anniversary of Lowell’s birth and of William Hershel’s discovery of Uranus–the discovery of Pluto was publicly announced. "

The idea that there was a planet in that region of space was inferred from calculations that had been widely discussed in scientific circles for some time.

Further, exact measurements of Pluto's distance involve either a discussion of averages, a minimum, or a maximum, due to the eccentric nature of Pluto's orbit (which is not along the same plane as the rest of the solar system). It would have been more significant for any predictions regarding Pluto to include some mention about the oddity of its orbit, or the small 'system' of orbiting bodies it appears with - something that would have been rather unexpected at the time.

Sir Francis Drake

Regular
Kin
0💸
Kumi
0💴
Trait Points
0⚔️
I already gave a website link to the book. But here again This isnt the original copy but someone put it online. The book came out in 1930. I really cant prove this over the interent since you cant get this evidence off oft he interent. You have to either go to someone that was there or see the original documents, which the nation has. I find it funny that rather than believe me about the year youd rather discredit it. How do we know the declaration of indepence was really signed in 1776? Answer: There are still orignial documents. But someone like you would say you dont see any proof so you wont believe it. But that is just you subjecting yourself to ignorance. If you dont know then try to find out. By the way there is only one supreme wisdom, it was never edited, and there is not more than one volume. People have however reprinted it and added own book covers but they do not change the words. That is not the way of the Nation of Islam.

So what are you asking me? And no they did not have the measurments for pluto because pluto had just been discovered in 1930. The same year the book came out. Maybe you can help me find the evidence of the book coming out in 1930 because youre a good researcher
Or perhaps I'm skeptical and rightfully should be about a book you claim, with no scientific background or credentials, to have estimated the distance between here and other celestial bodies when the same thing had been done countless times before now. I know the Declaration of Independence was signed in 1776 because theres eyewitnesses and accounts of it being signed. The names on it should have told you that .and has been verified by everyone ever that it was signed in 1776.

BrillyMac

Regular
Kin
0💸
Kumi
0💴
Trait Points
0⚔️
Awards
Funny.

That's exactly what they say about the Qu'ran, and none of the claims stack up against western scholarship into the Qu'ran.
What measurements, exactly, supposedly exist for Pluto?
Therein, answering my question. If measurements dont exist for pluto, then why does the book have measurements?
Lol dont tell me youre trying to discredit the validity of the Quran? If anything, the bible is less valid than the Quran. Its went through so many different translations and interpretations its laughable.

Avani

Supreme
Kin
5,444💸
Kumi
480💴
Trait Points
0⚔️
The book was never changed. Lol. I already told you to go to a local mosque and ask them about it becasue that information cannot be proven on the internet. There are original docuemnts and people who were alive at that time to prove it. When you come to realization that we knew ask yourself how we knew. And in the lessons, pluto is referred to as platoon. The lessons have nothing to do with religious beliefs and everything to do with science. Its not a religious book, its called the supreme wisdom not supreme religion or islam. I already stated the the FBI even took a copy of the book in 1941. There were never any edits made to the book ever. If you want to learn more id suggest you go to the Nation of Islams website which is noi.org. Scroll all the way to the bottom and you can see all about the history. Its funny that youre trying to discredit the book by saying it was edited or that calcualtions were accurate at that time because they were not. There would be no point in even putting lessons in the book if we were going to change the answers. Thats a clown move and this is not a clown group
Try again;

"I am sure you are referring to the recent disagreement over it's status rather than it's status in Feb 1930. Latest technology in fact demoted it's status to a dwarf planet:
You gave no explanation
So what was there calculations say the distance was at the time and how much they differed from the book in 1930? Real numbers, please from 1930 edition.
You claim to have asked whether book was edited or not but again didn't reply the question itself.

If it's called in lessons as 'platoon' and classified as a 'dwarf planet' today instead of a 'Planet; then it means it's not being accepted as a planet. Where does it take your claim that the book calls this "planet"?

And that actually makes me ask you one more question- seeing that latest development and Pluto's demotion to the status of a dwarf planet rather than a planet- are you going to insist it's a planet because of your religious belief or you are going to edit the fact in your book calling Pluto a dwarf planet.
Here I am asking your action since Pluto's status is changed NOW. You didn't answer if now that Pluto is not considered a planet anymore what's your response to it and how does it affect the claim made back in 1930.

And :

a) In case you don't edit the book can you still claim that it's stating a fact about the Pluto ?

b) In case you edit the book and fix the error what will you tell new followers about the facts stated in 1930? Would you accept that the book simply collected the facts known at the time or you will keep on insisting that no edit was made and it was stated back in 1930 too.
"

You didn't reply either of them.

It's a book of science you say and yet you have no answer to any of the simple questions I ask. This is not how you make claim in name of science by evading simple questions. I didn't dispute whether the book was edited or not in this post- I asked would you edit it now seeing Pluto is no longer being accepted as a planet?

Your source didn't seem to have taken the elliptical orbit in account either. Hint- the distance Between the sun and the planet or out Earth to other planets keeps changing because these bodies are all rotating and revolving at different speed and in different orbits.

Last edited:

Genjitxu

Kin
6💸
Kumi
0💴
Trait Points
0⚔️
Lol dont tell me youre trying to discredit the validity of the Quran? If anything, the bible is less valid than the Quran. Its went through so many different translations and interpretations its laughable.
But the Dead Sea Scrolls that were discovered by a young Bedouin shepherd in 1947 confirm the authenticity of today's Bible because they are dated before A.D. 68
Same Bible today as it was then. And the Bible tells an accurate story of creation in evolutionary order: Light, planets, atmosphere, water, land, fish, then birds, then mammals, then man. "These are the generations of man" Gen 1.

(Adam comes along in the Gen 2 story and he is a "living spirit with the breathe of God in his lungs" but that has to do with the way things were and not how they are.)

The Bible also tells us how it will appear when the expansion force of the big bang is surpassed by the gravitational force of all of that mass. Matter will collapse and fold upon itself and time will no longer move forward - "All the stars in the sky will be dissolved and the heavens rolled up like a scroll" Isaiah 34:4
"You will roll the heavens and earth up like a robe; like a garment they will be changed. But you remain the same, and your years will never end" Hebrews 1:12

God exists outside of time as alpha and omega and He will be there to put away our universe like a neatly folded shirt into a drawer. We exist in a period of forbearance created to save us from the consequences of our actions. There's only one way out of that drawer and it ain't warp drives.

BrillyMac

Regular
Kin
0💸
Kumi
0💴
Trait Points
0⚔️
Awards
Fourteen pages for why.
Greatness brings attention to itself. Of course I'm not the great one this thread isn't about me
Try again;

You gave no explanation

You claim to have asked whether book was edited or not but again didn't reply the question itself.

If it's called in lessons as 'platoon' and classified as a 'dwarf planet' today instead of a 'Planet; then it means it's not being accepted as a planet. Where does it take your claim that the book calls this "planet"?

Here I am asking your action since Pluto's status is changed NOW. You didn't answer if now that Pluto is not considered a planet anymore what's your response to it and how does it affect the claim made back in 1930.

"

You didn't reply either of them.

It's a book of science you say and yet you have no answer to any of the simple questions I ask. This is not how you make claim in name of science by evading simple questions. I didn't dispute whether the book was edited or not in this post- I asked would you edit it now seeing Pluto is no longer being accepted as a planet?

Your source didn't seem to have taken the elliptical orbit in account either. Hint- the distance Between the sun and the planet or out Earth to other planets keeps changing because these bodies are all rotating and revolving at different speed and in different orbits.
Whatever helps you sleep at night. I laid out where you can get this information and how. It's not a secret. If you don't believe it I can't make you. But inside if the word ignorance is ignore. I'm definetely not saying you're ignorant because you're not. But you're well educated enough to look the things I gave you rather than going in blind. I told you to read the supreme wisdom. You're wasting your time trying to figure out if the book is edited or not. It's not. I told you that already so why do you keep suggesting it? It's because it's easier to believe the easier thing to understand. You just do not understand it. You need time to process how someone knew that. Go take a long thought. The books not edited.

Last edited:

Avani

Supreme
Kin
5,444💸
Kumi
480💴
Trait Points
0⚔️
Greatness brings attention to itself. Of course I'm not the great one this thread isn't about me

Whatever helps you sleep at night. I laid out where you can get this information and how. It's not a secret. If you don't believe it I can't make you. But inside if the word ignorance is ignore. I'm definetely not saying you're ignorant because you're not. But you're well educated enough to look the things I gave you rather than going in blind. I told you to read the supreme wisdom. You're wasting your time trying to figure out if the book is edited or not. It's not. I told you that already so why do you keep suggesting it? It's because it's easier to believe the easier thing to understand. You just do not understand it. You need time to process how someone knew that. Go take a long thought. The books not edited.
In other words you have no real answer for any of my questions. I don't care if your book was edited in the past or not. On the contrary I think it needs editing now and get updated with new information since Pluto isn't a planet anymore. Instead your minister is claiming all the planet travel at the same speed ... And calling it a scientific fact without any scientific evidence to back that up.

Last edited:

Aim64C

Veteran
Kin
0💸
Kumi
0💴
Trait Points
0⚔️
Awards
Therein, answering my question. If measurements dont exist for pluto, then why does the book have measurements?
Dear Lord, have mercy upon this child....

Please, explain what claims this book has in regards to pluto. What measurements?

Diameter?

Orbital Period?

Rotational Period?

Distance at closest solar approach?

Distance at equinox?

Planetary mass?

Incorrect. The Bible has been tracked to archaeological documents dated by multiple methods to within about 30-45 years of Jesus' crucifixion - at least when we are talking about the New Testament. Dating the Torah/Old Testament is a bit more tricky as that gets almost into paleontology - but a substantial record exists of where the scriptures have been and where they are going.

Further, what must be understood is the different context from which Islam derives its scripture. Even the Torah is not the dictated word of God outside of a few select circumstances. The Gospel is even less so. The scriptures make no such claim as to be infallible or to be anything more than an account of the Hebrew experience with the divine.

Essentially, you could say that the entirety of the Bible is comparable in context to the Hadith. It is intended as a collection of accounts - as a testament (similar to a testimony) to the nature of the divine.

By contrast, the Qu'ran is supposed to be the timeless wisdom of God dictated directly to a messenger who was 'rightfully guided' in everything.

The problem with this idea is that the Qu'ran was not finalized until over 200 years after Muhammad died. There exist multiple different Qu'rans from the time predating the Arab conquest leading up to the reign of the fourth Caliph, Abd Al-Malik. Al-Malik, true to his name's sake, launched a conquest to unify the Arab peoples under a single religion regarding a figure who claimed to be a prophet and started the whole Arab conquest.

It wasn't until after Al-Malik that mosques began to universally face Mecca (most used to face Petra, the trade capital of Arabia at the time - but there were some that faced wherever the hell they wanted). The scope of the unification went so far as to demolish old temples/mosques and rebuild them to face the proper direction.

It was also during this time that the name "Muhammad" appeared in connection with the 'prophet.' This name does not appear until Al-Malik, at least in conjunction with any kind of prophet. Then - suddenly - he is on minted coinage, plaques, etc.

Even Islamic scholarship can't conceal the duplicity that went into forming the Qu'ran in the first place. Classic Islamic scholarship maintains that it was Uthman who first mandated the formulation of the Qu'ran. After all of the accounts were collected, one final Qu'ran was developed to be the manuscript and four copies were made before the rest were burned.

The problem with this account is that there are no Uthmanic Qu'rans in existence. No one can point to them - and the only ones held up as being from that period blatantly did not come from that period (Uthmanic Qu'rans would have lacked vowel notations for pronunciation, since that wasn't around until the 730s) - and there exist considerable discrepancies and omissions between the two - which suggests that the Qu'ran didn't really begin to stabilize until even after the mid 700s.

From the standpoint of western scholarship - which values things like physical documents over religious zeal - the Qu'ran is a ****ing disaster of a book.

And it reads like one, too.

7PointOh

Regular
Kin
0💸
Kumi
0💴
Trait Points
0⚔️
After reading over 250 post.

All I get from this topic s that Farakhan has shown interest in meteorology and is auditioning to be America's next Top Weatherman

And some book written pre WWII in order to propagate validity to a group of people who follow a certain belief system. And that the OP read this book. And this book is the be all end all of of science and parallax and cartesian coordinates. So ya read a book. Why don't you pick up another. Read all books pertaining to a subject matter with an unbiased approach and then formulate your own conclusion never forgetting that you could be wrong. Don't read one book and become part of a following just because the book is taylored towards your thought process.

BrillyMac

Regular
Kin
0💸
Kumi
0💴
Trait Points
0⚔️
Awards
Dear Lord, have mercy upon this child....

Please, explain what claims this book has in regards to pluto. What measurements?

Diameter?

Orbital Period?

Rotational Period?

Distance at closest solar approach?

Distance at equinox?

Planetary mass?

Incorrect. The Bible has been tracked to archaeological documents dated by multiple methods to within about 30-45 years of Jesus' crucifixion - at least when we are talking about the New Testament. Dating the Torah/Old Testament is a bit more tricky as that gets almost into paleontology - but a substantial record exists of where the scriptures have been and where they are going.

Further, what must be understood is the different context from which Islam derives its scripture. Even the Torah is not the dictated word of God outside of a few select circumstances. The Gospel is even less so. The scriptures make no such claim as to be infallible or to be anything more than an account of the Hebrew experience with the divine.

Essentially, you could say that the entirety of the Bible is comparable in context to the Hadith. It is intended as a collection of accounts - as a testament (similar to a testimony) to the nature of the divine.

By contrast, the Qu'ran is supposed to be the timeless wisdom of God dictated directly to a messenger who was 'rightfully guided' in everything.

The problem with this idea is that the Qu'ran was not finalized until over 200 years after Muhammad died. There exist multiple different Qu'rans from the time predating the Arab conquest leading up to the reign of the fourth Caliph, Abd Al-Malik. Al-Malik, true to his name's sake, launched a conquest to unify the Arab peoples under a single religion regarding a figure who claimed to be a prophet and started the whole Arab conquest.

It wasn't until after Al-Malik that mosques began to universally face Mecca (most used to face Petra, the trade capital of Arabia at the time - but there were some that faced wherever the hell they wanted). The scope of the unification went so far as to demolish old temples/mosques and rebuild them to face the proper direction.

It was also during this time that the name "Muhammad" appeared in connection with the 'prophet.' This name does not appear until Al-Malik, at least in conjunction with any kind of prophet. Then - suddenly - he is on minted coinage, plaques, etc.

Even Islamic scholarship can't conceal the duplicity that went into forming the Qu'ran in the first place. Classic Islamic scholarship maintains that it was Uthman who first mandated the formulation of the Qu'ran. After all of the accounts were collected, one final Qu'ran was developed to be the manuscript and four copies were made before the rest were burned.

The problem with this account is that there are no Uthmanic Qu'rans in existence. No one can point to them - and the only ones held up as being from that period blatantly did not come from that period (Uthmanic Qu'rans would have lacked vowel notations for pronunciation, since that wasn't around until the 730s) - and there exist considerable discrepancies and omissions between the two - which suggests that the Qu'ran didn't really begin to stabilize until even after the mid 700s.

From the standpoint of western scholarship - which values things like physical documents over religious zeal - the Qu'ran is a ****ing disaster of a book.

And it reads like one, too.
Just read the book yourself. It has the distance of the other planets too. Also their diamaters and circumference.
After reading over 250 post.

All I get from this topic s that Farakhan has shown interest in meteorology and is auditioning to be America's next Top Weatherman

And some book written pre WWII in order to propagate validity to a group of people who follow a certain belief system. And that the OP read this book. And this book is the be all end all of of science and parallax and cartesian coordinates. So ya read a book. Why don't you pick up another. Read all books pertaining to a subject matter with an unbiased approach and then formulate your own conclusion never forgetting that you could be wrong. Don't read one book and become part of a following just because the book is taylored towards your thought process.
In other words you have no real answer for any of my questions. I don't care if your book was edited in the past or not. On the contrary I think it needs editing now and get updated with new information since Pluto isn't a planet anymore. Instead your minister is claiming all the planet travel at the same speed ... And calling it a scientific fact without any scientific evidence to back that up.
Scientific facts now, today, back up what is in the book. Some called him crazy in 1930. They are now wrong. No one claimed all the planets traveled at the same speed. Try again.
No. Just no lol.The book was just an example. And you obviously didnt read because the book was not written by The Honorable Minister Louis Farrakhan.

Avani

Supreme
Kin
5,444💸
Kumi
480💴
Trait Points
0⚔️
Scientific facts now, today, back up what is in the book. Some called him crazy in 1930. They are now wrong. No one claimed all the planets traveled at the same speed. Try again.
No. Just no lol.The book was just an example. And you obviously didnt read because the book was not written by The Honorable Minister Louis Farrakhan.
I didn't say Farrakhan wrote the book. But yes he quoted the book and repeated that planets travel at the same speed.

Seventy-one years ago, before you knew anything about Mars, Master Fard Muhammad called Mars an inhabited planet. He said, "Mars is 141,500,000 miles from the sun, and she travels at the rate of 1,037-1/3 miles per hour." He said, "Her diameter is 4,200 miles." Master Fard Muhammad said, "Mercury is also an inhabited planet and is 36,000,000 miles from the sun. Her diameter is 3,000 miles and she travels at the rate of 1,037-1/3 miles per hour." Think about that. No matter how close they are to the sun or how far they are from the sun, all of the planets travel at the same rate of speed.

This involves Minister Farrakhan, when he spoke in San Diego. This involves the fulfillment of prophecy that you can read in the Bible and the Holy Qur’an.

In the lessons, named the Problem Book, we can read:

“Platoon is four billion, six hundred million miles from the Sun, and she travels the same rate around the Sun as the rest of the Planets; it takes her three hundred forty-five years to make one complete circle around the Sun. Her diameter is sixty-seven thousand miles. Find out the square mileage and the number of miles she travels in three hundred forty-five years.

“All of these are absolute facts and they stand true, figure for figure, by the Study of the Son of Man and not a Spook. (“W.D. FARD”). ”

Why does the Honorable Elijah Muhammad teach us about the words “she” “her” and the word “its,” but not “him”? Why? What are we to learn from the numbers in the Problem Book?

We can read the truth of the ninth planet is larger (or much bigger) in terms of its diameter, from the Honorable Elijah Muhammad. It is larger—much large...

24. Platoon(Pluto) is four billion, six hundred million miles from the Sun, and she travels the same rate around the Sun as the rest of the Planets. It takes her three hundred forty-five years to make one complete circle around the Sun. Her diameter is sixty-seven thousand miles. Find out the square mileage and the number of miles she travels in three hundred forty-five years.

- The Problem Book

Astronomers of today say that Pluto's diameter is only 1,430 miles. However, Master Fard Muhammad says in The Problem Book the diameter is 67,000 miles. Why is there such a large difference? Is it due to an inaccurate measurement by astronomers? Has Pluto shrunk in size? Are there 2 Plutos (Pluto & Platoon)?

Here is how Bro. Jabril Muhammad explains it:

... 9080.shtml

The scientists of this world claim that Pluto is from 1,420 to 1,400 miles in diameter. Other figures, or poor guesses, are also given by them. In the fifth written Lesson we received through the Honorable Elijah Muhammad, which we call the “Problem Book,” we read that Pluto is 67,000 miles in diameter. This Lesson also reads: “All of these are absolute facts and they stand true, figure for figure, by the Study of the Son of Man and not a spook—(“W. D. Fard”).”

The last source shows how already people are calling the actual scientists as spook, since the data doesn't match.

Everyone reading the books seems to be believe that all the planets travel at the same speed and they even insist scientist are wrong about the size- you said you have the book. It seems you haven't read it yet.

Last edited:

7PointOh

Regular
Kin
0💸
Kumi
0💴
Trait Points
0⚔️
Just read the book yourself. It has the distance of the other planets too. Also their diamaters and circumference.

So why don't you read some science books before 1930. You read one book and make a claim that the author or group of authors of that book had the knowledge and foresight of predicting climate and determining distance. Again, I say do some research and get information from different sources then formulate your conclusions from there.

If this book is so great, then why aren't any contemporary scientist referring to it? Why isn't Bill Nye educating the world of its scripts? Why didn't' Neil deGrasse Tyson feature it in Cosmos? If it is what it is then surely Carl Sagan should have been influenced by it, but again no mention.

BrillyMac

Regular
Kin
0💸
Kumi
0💴
Trait Points
0⚔️
Awards
I didn't say Farrakhan wrote the book. But yes he quoted the book and repeated that planets travel at the same speed.

The last source shows how already people are calling the actual scientists as spook, since the data doesn't match.

Everyone reading the books seems to be believe that all the planets travel at the same speed and they even insist scientist are wrong about the size- you said you have the book. It seems you haven't read it yet.
And what makes you think all the planets do not travel at the same speed?

Avani

Supreme
Kin
5,444💸
Kumi
480💴
Trait Points
0⚔️

For one - .

The speed of the planet is inversely proportional to the square root of the radius of orbit. Mercury, the closest planet to the sun, orbits at 47.9 km/s. The Earth orbits at 29.8 km/s. Neptune, the furthest planet, orbits at only 5.5 km/s.

So plenty of scientific records, observations and mathematical calculations, say they don't travel at the speed- the same source you accepted as valid in the beginning of this thread when you thought they were confirming what your book said. Calling actual scientists as 'spook'. What a charming way to claim being "scientific" without showing evidence of any scientific methodology and discrediting those who do. And then you come here to claim scientists are verifying everything your book said in 1930.

What you have to show for your thinking other than " because my book says so"?

Last edited:

Aim64C

Veteran
Kin
0💸
Kumi
0💴
Trait Points
0⚔️
Awards
. . .

Orbits in astrophysics are very similar to energy states within a valence shell of electrons. For a given kinetic energy, you get a certain conservation of momentum that, when combined with the sum total vector of force and gravity, produces a given orbital pattern.

For the planets to orbit around the sun at different distances requires them to possess different amounts of kinetic energy - also known as "speed."

While I do suspect that gravity operates differently as we begin to move into the galactic scale (I do not believe it is a perfect inverse square and that a sort of macroscopic quantum mechanical phenomena is at play), the understanding we have, now, works for solar systems, at least. If it didn't - we would never have been able to land on the moon, much less land probes on comets or take pictures of Pluto.