Reborn

Legendary
Kin
732💸
Kumi
3,689💴
Trait Points
0⚔️
“The highest type of ruler is one whose existence the people are barely aware. Next comes one whom they love and praise. Next comes one whom they fear. Next comes one whom they despise and defy…”
-Laozi

Classic of the Hayabusa

This is the tale of an unfathomable people. They are eternally separated from convention and those bound by it. They are audible to the deaf, seen by the blind, and spoken of by the mute. This is to say they appear to those who are enriched without. So then, how are we – beings forever poor with abundance – able capture the essence of those who are wholly without substance? Insufficiently. Read this tale and cling to its words and you shall understand nothing. Cling to nothing and you shall understand everything.

Far to the west of the continent that became the home of the shinobi, there existed an incredible empire known as Xing. Once torn apart by war, a single family unified the warring states under their supreme dynasty. Ordained by their culture’s Mandate of Heaven, Xing claimed the right of Heaven to rule all under the sun. Thus Xing’s sights were soon set across the vast sea to the lands of the east.

The first stop for Xing was a small archipelago kingdom between their empire and the shinobi continent known as Ryukyu. However, Ryukyu was already annexed by a country on the shinobi continent, the future Earth Country. Xing was not deterred; through shrewd diplomacy the Xing Empire established close ties of alliance with Ryukyu’s royalty. The “friendship” between Xing and the Ryukyu monarchy would see the tides of influence and power within Ryukyu steadily shift toward Xing under the guise of protection and fortification against the Earth Country. It was not long before the Ryukyu’s crown became but a mere hollow shell, toyed with by both Xing and Land of Earth. The struggle for Ryukyu no longer belonged to its native people but to the foreigners bent on conquest.

Diplomatic agreements between the Xing and Earth quelled the hostile political tactics of both countries before war ensued. Ryukyu became a massive trading ground between the three countries, however, the benefits were almost exclusive to the Xing and Earth. Ryukyu’s rich agricultural resources were taken advantage of by both Xing and Earth. Combined with the domestic resources from the Xing Empire and Earth Country, Ryukyu’s culture evolved to encompass all three of the nations. The relationship between Xing and the Earth Country strengthened over the course of several years until a political marriage unified the two countries in their rule over Ryukyu. The political marriage between the members of Xing and Earth royalty brought about the darkest era for the Ryukyu people.

The new union was given right of governance to Ryukyu in order to oversee the resources and trade route in the islands and greater nations. The new dictatorship, however, sowed the seeds of tyranny almost immediately upon the natives. The agricultural resources produced by the islands were bled dry by taxes that sought to profit the new monarchy. Cities and regions that were once wealthy fell to poverty in a matter of decades and the impoverished who were unable to pay their taxes were sold into slavery.

Entire families were destroyed as whole generations died off from famine or were worked to death as slaves. Even the former royalty of Ryukyu were dragged through the mud as their lineage either became slaves or were killed off to prevent rebellion. Few within Ryukyu’s native royalty managed to escape gruesome fates. The dark era of Ryukyu began a little over a decade before Kaguya descended from the stars to the shinobi continent and lasted well into her reign as the Rabbit Goddess. However, the circumstances of Ryukyu became even direr upon Kaguya’s descent.

The villages and civilizations that managed to survive the tyrannical regime in Ryukyu experienced a severe decrease in their productivity after Kaguya’s arrival in the east. Droughts, infertile soil, and barren seas completely ruined villages who survived only through their crop and fish production. As a result even more villages began to fail and famine was almost absolute throughout all of Ryukyu’s natives. Kaguya’s reign marked the peak of Ryukyu’s Dark Age and the end of its people’s complacency…

Author's Notes:
Those of you familiar with my past in this section, this is my Michael Jordan moment where I come out of retirement for a brief period and rejoin the game. Though I can't draw a parallel between myself and Jordan beyond that since I'm not GOAT at anything, but I digress. My return is entirely thanks to a recent occurrence in the NB RP which, for those of you well into the RP section should moderately aware of. It is because of my Custom Clan having been approved. For those of you unaware of the RP and its functions, a custom clan is a big milestone in the game which allows players to create their own clan like the Uchihas or Senju (but a hell of a lot better). That's the simplest I can put it.

I said to myself and a few others that if my clan were to get approved I'd come back to the section and write my clan's canon. That is precisely what this is. Without going into too much detail, my clan is based off the Hayabusa clan from the Tamco Ninja Gaiden videogame series. However, my history and canon have my own unique spins that incorporate the Tamco's NG and DOA universe, the Narutoverse, NB RP, and some minor historical fiction. Some of these aspects are already apparent but I'll leave it to you all to flush out.

Friends old and new and fresh eyes, I hope you enjoy. I enjoy feedback and criticism. Ignore the blue in my name and don't be afraid to be honest please (unless I'm no longer a mod by the time this is read). Just don't break rules.

Last edited:

Omega

Legendary
Kin
49💸
Kumi
16💴
Trait Points
0⚔️
Awards
I usually do not like expositions tellinh me what a story is, but you wrote in such a way that it actually worked. I need to read up on your clan, but this was a nice prologue. Love the medivial feel myself. Perfect length for a prologue, i cant go into as much depth as you but good job. Your writing skills alone makes thjs a good start. Nice. ^^

Reborn

Legendary
Kin
732💸
Kumi
3,689💴
Trait Points
0⚔️
I usually do not like expositions tellinh me what a story is, but you wrote in such a way that it actually worked. I need to read up on your clan, but this was a nice prologue. Love the medivial feel myself. Perfect length for a prologue, i cant go into as much depth as you but good job. Your writing skills alone makes thjs a good start. Nice. ^^
Much appreciated, these sort of prologues get on my nerve as well since they are 100% exposition. I made it short for that reason, I just needed the base context to be out there. This part, however, isn't part of my clan, at least most of it. Up until about the new tyrannical dictatorship exploiting the resources, everything is not part of the clan. From that point onward, however, the it is a slightly more detailed backstory that my CC submission doesn't dive too deeply into.

OP updated, Chapter I has dropped .