Elite
Kin
0💸
Kumi
0💴
Trait Points
0⚔️
You must be registered for see images

I have seen some people kind of underestimate the gates under the death gate so i'm just here to clarify and to clear anything up about the gates.

Lets keep in mind that Lee was considered a genius for opening even the 3rd or 4th gate let alone the 5th. It took Dai 20 years to even learn gates, as for if he perfected all 8 is uncertain but we do know he knew up to 3 gates hence the pupil absent in the scan signifying the level of extreme lotus.

☯The focus enhancement of the first gate

By opening just the first gate the users concentration and strength is enhanced. More so his concentration as Kakashi has demonstrated by climbing a mountain with one hand. Baring in mind that would take a certain level of concentration. And to climb it so fast.

Since the Primary lotus utilizes the first gate it has also been shown that concentration is needed in order to co-ordinate that attack as shown by lee in the exams. Gai had stated that it would have been harder to kick Gaara up due to the sand increasing his initial weight. Plus he had to worry about first of all bypassing the barrier. Doing so takes a considerable amount of concentration since not many have bypassed the sand shield.

☯The second gates recovery ability

The reason why Gated users are able to handle the strain is due to the gate of life which greatly increases body recovery. Like Kakashi said the only reason why Lee didn't suffer from Frontal lotus is because he opened the second gate which in turn allowed his body to recover. It takes Extreme training to perfect this as i specified in the beginning it took Dai 20 years of training to perfect. This of course hones the durability and resilience of the body itself as stated in the databook where it said Gai has a . This is of course through the extreme training we see him go through.

☯the third gate Extreme lotus

The entering of this gate will Increase adrenalin to incredible levels and of course turns the skin red but what people fail to realize is that this gate only forces even more stamina out of the user and allows the strength of the user to further increase of course there isn't much to say about this other than you have now entered 'hyper mode' so to speak.

☯The forth gate and 5th gate of Pain and limit (Proof of extra explicit ability)

We have seen that this gate alone is enough to completely make the sand shield look like a joke and there is one thing i would really like to clear up in this thread about the 4 the forth gate. You become so fast that at this level you are able to bounce off air itself and i will prove it.

Comparing the 4th gate with the 8th gate is a long shot but if you can see the moves are hitting the enemy so fast they are unable to move and in both scans they would of have to have been bouncing off the air to do so without laving any time for the opponent to react. Both Gaara and Madara were both unable to react to the assult and don't think it stops here. Lee states that evening elephant uses the speed of 1-5 gates:

Soku= Immediately in japanese

Of course by combining numbers from 1-5 it means the number of hits and how fast they are.

The difference between that and the 4th gates is that lee is using the air as a rebound in order to lung for his next attack of course on half the destructive power. The only reason why no one bothered to bring it up is because no one could actually see what he was doing at full speed. Kakashi with 3T was barely able to keep up as he only said that his muscles snapped. It was only when madara said something about it is when it was clarified and explicit rather than just illustrated. Even though gai was in 8 gates he still utilizes all the other 7 gates.

So the point is that When Lee said speed 1-5 he also meant the amount of times it will hit. He is simply using the strength that the 8 gates gives him fused with the speed of 1-5 gates. This applies to the forth and fifth gates speed as each hit increases in speed the high up the chain you go, ergo lee used this in the exams.

Theory or fact? you decide, its your opinion guys.

However moving onto the power it is enough to shatter most of the sand armor which only Deidara was barley to do with a C1 bombs meerly inches away from gaara

Deidara's attack

Lee's attack in gates

☯the sixth gate and further speed enhancement

Kisame wasn't able to react even though he saw the kick when it was only a couple of inches away from his face. Keeping in mind the kick itself ignited the air

Once morning peacock is finished the victim is , it was only because Kisame fell into the water is why he wasn't burned to a crisp. So when people say the 6th gate isn't all that good and can't really harm people like tsunade they are incorrect because this level of jutsu will set you on fire. Tsunade can regenerate from it but since shes on fire regeneration will be slower than usual, gaara with sand armor could even stand after hidden lotus in 5 gates so Tsuande will struggle to keep going although she will heal form it but the duration will take a very long time due to the damage done and the fire burning her. She is jut an example though, if shes struggles with it people without this ability will surely be burn to asunder.

Only people with experience with the gates it would seem can still remain standing afterwards since gai deactivated it and didnt seem too tired or phased at all

☯the seventh gate of wonder

Something people need to realize with Hirouda (Daytime tiger) Is that Gai still has the power to give fatal blows to his opponent after he strikes it However he has only been shown to do this if he opens all 7 gates at once with FULL STAMINA. In war arc he fell to the ground because he had been fight before opening the 7th gate. It presumed that he can even go on for some more fighting after it because They were both far in the ocean so Gai had to have carried him back. But that is speculation. The fact that he was able to fight after implies it.

Gai was one of the only one to push back JJ Madara with his speed and 7 Gates speed is way above the likes of 5-6 as proven

Further misconceptions

Not going to speak about the 8th gate since its obvious we know how powerful it is. But i will mention that neither Lee or Gai has ever been hit or harmed by someone else whilst in gates and this hype about a gated use being untouchable has been proven up until the very last gate. When people say Certain opponent will still hit gai in gates, the manga has hyped and proven otherwise. Someone as slow as (yes im referring to her again) Tsunade has no chance of keeping up. Even though i commend her strength and her abilities people need to wake up and smell the coffee. She is skilled in evasion but there is a limit to how fast she can evade.

Madaras only hope was to evade however he couldn't do anything that was on the offensive.

Edit: Some really good points made by caterpillar that i overlooked!
Great thread TTS, i want to add these regarding to first gate's power and overall destruction scale of gates:

Here Lee attempts to deal Sand shield with first gate:

And Gaara uses a sand replication to avoid that hit:

Here is the thing: He would not do so if front lotus would not harm him? Why switch if you can tank it? So even with sand armor the first gate was a considerable threat to Gaara.

Regarding to strength:
Part 1 Lee's attack scale is actually comparable to really strong shinobi.
The hole caused by first gate:

This is what wall looked like:

After raikage striked Juugo with this:

^^They are not so different in sizes.

4th gate Lee's steps caused this:

This is what raikage did:

^^Î am not saying part 1 Lee = Raikage (lol) but many people treat their hits as if they are light as feather.
Considering the fact that we did not see 1-5 gates from Gai ever or from Lee at part 2, by powerscaling and being superior ninjas from part 1 Lee their attacks must be much heavier and lethal.
Let me know what you think, if you agree or learned something then say so. If you think iv'e stated something false, speak your mind

Last edited:

LogicnoJutsu

Veteran
Kin
0💸
Kumi
0💴
Trait Points
0⚔️
The evening elephant... All 5 attacks happen in less than a second Just imagine getting hit like that 5 times all at once... the sudden shockwaves from 5 different directions....

TheTailedSage

Elite
Kin
0💸
Kumi
0💴
Trait Points
0⚔️
The evening elephant... All 5 attacks happen in less than a second Just imagine getting hit like that 5 times all at once... the sudden shockwaves from 5 different directions....
and each hit is faster than the previous one so thats one hell of a combo

Refreshing.. Nice read.
glad to have kept your knowledge up to date

Xlad

Supreme
Kin
138💸
Kumi
27💴
Trait Points
0⚔️
Awards
That sig of yours still crack me up.
OT: Really interesting. Nice to learn of other's abilities as well. More respect to Gai/Lee/Dai as well.

IThinkALot

Kin
0💸
Kumi
0💴
Trait Points
0⚔️
I have to admit this was wonderful read,good job
I was very sceptical about the power of the 8 gates and I was truly amazed by Gai,I mean he is one of the rare shinobis that achieved everything on his own and by my standards he is the 5th most powerful shinobi so far(only behind JJ Madara, JJ Obito ,Current Naruto and Sasuke and not including Sages family)

TheTailedSage

Elite
Kin
0💸
Kumi
0💴
Trait Points
0⚔️

I have to admit this was wonderful read,good job
I was very sceptical about the power of the 8 gates and I was truly amazed by Gai,I mean he is one of the rare shinobis that achieved everything on his own and by my standards he is the 5th most powerful shinobi so far(only behind JJ Madara, JJ Obito ,Current Naruto and Sasuke and not including Sages family)
Thanks man i knew peoples knowledge around here on the 8 gates had some holes in it so why not fill them in right? I think if he almost killed JJ Madara then he could take out Naruto and maybe sasuke but that's just on rough knowledge and not looking to deep into it

That sig of yours still crack me up.
OT: Really interesting. Nice to learn of other's abilities as well. More respect to Gai/Lee/Dai as well.
The guy still calls me a troll despite saying things even worst than what already in my sig... Trolls deeze days LOL

Im glad you learned something mate :D

fastrthnwind

Veteran
Kin
0💸
Kumi
0💴
Trait Points
0⚔️
more people need to read this and actually understand that the 8th gate hype was realized when gai fought madara. So much double standards and damage control when people said he could be a match before it was shown and then once it was displayed, people were trying their DAMNEST to force people to believe that he was just 'toying' with him. if madara was toying with him, he wouldn't have been touched in the first place and let gai kill himself from just trying to hurt him(which didn't happen).

The 8th gate power is real and he soloed madara little to no diff (people who say he would have died if minato and lee didn't help 'conveniently' overlook the scan of minato yelling to him to not stop so that he could press on and just take out madara in one hit. after all they were trying to kill him)

Reactions: TheTailedSage

TheTailedSage

Elite
Kin
0💸
Kumi
0💴
Trait Points
0⚔️
more people need to read this and actually understand that the 8th gate hype was realized when gai fought madara. So much double standards and damage control when people said he could be a match before it was shown and then once it was displayed, people were trying their DAMNEST to force people to believe that he was just 'toying' with him. if madara was toying with him, he wouldn't have been touched in the first place and let gai kill himself from just trying to hurt him(which didn't happen).

The 8th gate power is real and he soloed madara little to no diff (people who say he would have died if minato and lee didn't help 'conveniently' overlook the scan of minato yelling to him to not stop so that he could press on and just take out madara in one hit. after all they were trying to kill him)
People try so hard to belittle the 8 gates when 8 gates Gai>> Their fav. the ASF and TB struggled on Madara and the kages even straggled o SZ whos is a lot weaker. When the orb was coming for gai he would have done exactly what he did to the black sheild, blitz behind it or simply evade it. At least you understand and appreciate the abilities of Gai mate.