Kumi
3💴
Trait Points
0⚔️
Narration
Flashbacks
SFX

AWAKENING

She was cold, so very cold. How long has she been locked in this metal sphere? Although gas and cold kept her in an artificial semi-coma, she had kept her senses and the notion of time, which was not really a good thing. She became crazy and even claustrophobic. She was reduced to counting, thinking of the best thing she knew.

1 million 4 thousand and 1 pizza's, 1 million 4 thousand and 2 pizza's...

Suddenly, she heard some noise. The sphere was tapped on in regular intervals like someone was knocking at a door before entering. C.C. managed to open an eye but saw only the darkness that surrounded it. Who could interrupt her? This inconvenience has made her lose her count.

Well, I just have to start counting all over.

Suddenly she heard the wheels spinning, the bolts rising, the oozing gas escaping. Slowly but surely, the sphere opened. A ray of light appeared. C.C felt her eyes burning and closed them immediately. She felt the warmth coming to her. Her blood was able to circulate normally again in her veins. It woke her up for good and jumpstarted her brain again.

Memories started pouring in.

Lelouch was dead, at least, that's what she believed, that's what everyone believed. But that was not the case, because she had learned that, a few hours after being killed by Zero, he had woken up. It allowed world leaders to arrest him and bring him to justice. Zero, or rather Suzaku, had reluctantly condemned Lelouch for confinement in perpetuity and, to prevent any attempt at escape, it was decided that he would be frozen in an ice coffin. Hearing this news, her blood started to boil. She went to the prison where he was locked up and tried to free him. Alas, despite her strength and immortality, she was captured and locked up. Her cell being close to Lelouch's, she could talk to him one last time.

"Sorry, I thought I'd get you out of here," she said neutrally.

"Idiot, you always act unreasonably and without any plan. You had already dealt with Mao", said Lelouch reproachfully.

"If I had not done it, he would have said everything about your identity."

"Maybe, but admit that you went to meet him without any plan, otherwise I would not have found you in this state. If I had not come to get you, you'd hang in a suitcase."

"I know , but I could not leave you locked up. I did not want to be far from you. I did not want to be alone anymore. You promised to stay with me, remember?" she asked hesitantly.

Lelouch sighed and leaned his head back against the wall of the prison.

"Yes, I remember, but I would have preferred that you stayed free. Now you are doomed, just like me."

"I don't care Lelouch; even if they condemned me to hell, if it's with you it's worth..."

He suddenly interrupted her:
"There's no pizza in hell, you know."

"I doubt it you idiot!"

Lelouch laughed childishly.

"That is true. Eternity will be sweeter for two.", he said in a sad voice.

She looked down, wiping the tear from her eye with her thumb, curious to know how he managed to survive.

"By the way, how did you survive?"

"Probably because of that," said Lelouch, looking at the palm of his right hand, "the brilliant Code in the center. My dad was able to send me his code just before he died, he managed to foil some of my plans beyond death. As if he had not caused me enough trouble already..."

C.C remained silent. Despite the fact that the plan was a little rough, she was happy to be able to stay with him, even if she did not say it.
Alas, the right to stay together was refused. Lelouch was going to be frozen in the basements of the new British capital, Pendragon, while C.C would be locked up in the ruins of the Congregation, located in the Chinese desert.

"No, please," she cried to the jailers as they took Lelouch on his last trip to Pendragon, "take me with him!"
The guards looked at each other, not knowing what to do. Lelouch intervened.

"C.C. Calm down."

She looked at him. He was calm but his eyes mirrored endless sadness and pain.

"We will not be able to stay together for the moment, I'm sorry, but I swear to you that we'll meet again, in a hundred years, a thousand years, whatever the time will pass. One day or another, we will be together again. Please, be patient and wait for this day."

C.C. calmed herself but was still shaking. Loneliness terrified her to the point th she had already experienced it for almost 600 years, to experience it all over again frightened her even more.

"You swear to me?" she asked with panic in her voice.
"Yes C.C., I swear on my life that we will see each other again. We have the eternity before us."

With these words she fell to the floor crying.

"Im alone again."

A few days later, they came to pick her up. She did not resist. They grabbed her and pulled her out. Before being sent to China, Zero came to see her, alone, and removed his mask, revealing a boy with green eyes and brown hair.

"Sorry C.C., I tried to liberate you in every thoughtable way, but the judges were intractable. They did not even want to leave you together, as it would have been "too sweet for the monsters they are!" In their own words."

"I can not blame them. I'm a witch and he's a demon, so I guess we can call ourselves that" C.C. said indifferently.

Suzaku was feeling uncomfortable. He had never been close to C.C ... In fact, apart from Lelouch, he knew that no one was really close to her.

"Tell me," she asked, "did Lelouch tell you about Euphemia?"
Suzaku looked at her, then looked away.

"He just told me that he ordered her to kill the Japanese because some plan was jeopardized."
"He did not fully tell the truth." C.C. said
Suzaku looked at her again, with his eyes wide open.

"What?!"
"He actually gave her this order but he did not do it voluntarily."
"What do you mean C.C ?

"It's a little complicated. Let's just say that the control of his Geass escaped him at that moment and that it happened at the worst moment. Why this particular order, I do not know, he did not tell me. But know that he has suffered enormously and that he decided to use his death so that it will not be in vain. It stayed on his heart until the end. Since we will not see each other again, I thought you deserved to know because he has always lied about it."

Suzaku gasped, he did not know what to say. Then suddenly a question burned his lips.

"But why didn't he tell her to forget the order, he had the power, right?" asked Suzaku, whose voice had started to tremble under the emotion.

"It is not that simple Suzaku, If Lelouch had the power to do it, he would have done it. Alas, his Geass gives him the power of absolute obedience, and as his name suggests, nothing and no one can dispute it. He is therefore unable to cancel an order he has given. That's why he used it with caution."

Everything fell into place in his head, he now understood the expression of pain and sadness painted in the eyes of his friend when he had questioned him on this subject at the Kururugi temple.

"Lelouch must have suffered as much as when he had killed Euphie against his will."

Suzaku understood that even though this power might seem terrifying, he had certain weaknesses, and these are partly responsible for the death of his princess. With this revelation, he felt old wounds reopening and tears began to flow down his cheeks.

Suddenly they knocked on the door. Happy with this event which allowed him to forget for a moment what he had just learned, he put on his mask before opening the door.

"Excuse us but it's time." said one of the soldiers.
"All right, you can take him away."
"Farewell, Zero," said C. without looking back.

He watched her getting in the plane and flying away.

"Farewell, I hope you'll take care of Lelouch when you see him again."

A few hours later, they arrived at the ruins of the Congregation. Without more ceremony, they locked her camisole and placed it in the sphere.
She felt her heart pounding. She had lived that dozens of times. The first by the Inquisition, which enclosed her in metal boxes whose interior was adorned with hundreds of spades, then by the Nazis, who used her as a guinea pig to experiment their gas and other weapons, and finally when she served as a subject for British scientists. Slowly, the sphere closed. Usually, dying did not do anything to her, and she had never seen her life pass before her eyes. But at this moment, she saw everything again, her life as a slave, her meeting with the sister who offered her the Geass, her life as a woman covetous by all men. One of the worst moments of her life was certainly the betrayal of her who had taken her only to free herself from her Code. But hasn't she not done the same thing with countless people, including Mao and Lelouch? No, what she wanted above all else was to be loved, but by a true love, not a boundless admiration provoked by a power beyond the human understanding. She thought he had found it with Mao, but it was not what she was looking for, the latter considered her as mother. No, the only one who really made her feel loved was Lelouch. She was convinced when she remembered how he took care of her when she lost her memory, and especially what he said in the C World just before she sealed her Code. Remembering him warmed her heart. If she were to lose all these memories, it would be the one she would choose to keep, no matter how much time passed. Returning to reality, she saw that the light was becoming weaker, there was barely a ray of light.

SLAM! CLACK!

Pitch black darkness, she was no longer even able to cry, she layed down and tried to plunge back into her memories to forget where she was, and especially the fact that she was alone ... again. She slid slowly into sleep, thinking of Lelouch...

"I swear on my life that we will see each other again. We have eternity before us to achieve it..." he had promised. At this thought, she managed to relax and fall asleep.

"We'll see if you'll be able to keep your word, demon...", she thought with a faint smile before sinking into a millennial sleep.

To be continued in Chapter 1.

Last edited:

Central

White Rabbit
Kin
32💸
Kumi
0💴
Trait Points
0⚔️
Good job on this, I really liked the pace and the emotions that you hinted from the characters. I didn't look for errors that might have slide here and there but, I did see a few.

The pace is great but, near the end, it feels a little rushed and we start to get lost a little bit.

Nonetheless, I am impress by the way you wrote that, good job!

Waindo

Legendary
Kin
869💸
Kumi
3💴
Trait Points
0⚔️
Good job on this, I really liked the pace and the emotions that you hinted from the characters. I didn't look for errors that might have slide here and there but, I did see a few.

The pace is great but, near the end, it feels a little rushed and we start to get lost a little bit.

Nonetheless, I am impress by the way you wrote that, good job!
Thank you. The end (the whole bold part) is her remembering the events before being imprisoned, a memory rush triggered by the opening of the sphere - prison. I'm glad you enjoyed, it's just the introduction to the story.